Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭hargo

My daughter used a Scotch Hall card to book ryanair flights and she received a reservation number but it said status is not confirmed ( booking is not confirmed until you receive an email itinery). The booking says paid but the money has not left the card. She made the booking yesterday, has anyone else had this type of delay with prepaid cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

I just this minute booked 3 flights on Dundrum Gift Card (thanks BA forum :) )and they are all showing as confimed and paid .. texted to get balance and all the money has gone (within 20 minutes)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    I am an EnthroPay user, well was until Ryanair went and changed things!! Anyhow, got an e-mail today from them about upgrading to Plastic (Upgrade to an EntroPay Plastic MasterCard and use it at Ryanair without being charged additional fees.)

Is there any drawback to doing this lads? I already have a Mastercard from BOI like??

Cheers,
    M

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am an EnthroPay user, well was until Ryanair went and changed things!! Anyhow, got an e-mail today from them about upgrading to Plastic (Upgrade to an EntroPay Plastic MasterCard and use it at Ryanair without being charged additional fees.)

Is there any drawback to doing this lads? I already have a Mastercard from BOI like??

Cheers,
    M

Your BOI card is a credit card - that attracts a fee with Ryanair

The entropay plastic card is a debit card - as its a mastercard branded debit card that means you can avoid charges with Ryanair.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

hargo wrote: »
    My daughter used a Scotch Hall card to book ryanair flights and she received a reservation number but it said status is not confirmed ( booking is not confirmed until you receive an email itinery). The booking says paid but the money has not left the card. She made the booking yesterday, has anyone else had this type of delay with prepaid cards?

Check the booking via 'Manage your booking' using the reservation code she got. The email confirm could have been lost in the process although its odd you havn't been debited.

• Advertisement

Your BOI card is a credit card - that attracts a fee with Ryanair

The entropay plastic card is a debit card - as its a mastercard branded debit card that means you can avoid charges with Ryanair.

Cheers Sheep! Has anyone gone this route and switched over or moved to a completely different solution? If so why did you move?

Cheers,
    M

PS: Are there any hidden charges for just upgrading to the entropay plastic card??

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭hargo

Interesting that the Dundrum card and Scotch Hall card are both routed through Newcastle building society and have the first 4 numbers the same. Scotch Hall and perfect card both deny that their cards will work with ryanair although plenty of people here have used perfect card so why do the company deny it?
    Mad Moe i use wirecard and you don't have the loading fees associated with entropay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

From what I can gather, the shopping centre cards are sold as only working in the revelant stores. I asked in Kildare Village and I was told their card would only work within their village. This is not true and the Kildare Village card works online, other shops and of course Ryanair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ddub

25,000 views of my BA, I'll be setting up a paypal donation link for 50% of your savings momentarily :P

glad so many are having success saving a few quid with this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Justin10

Can u use these on ebay as a mastercard option?
    Just went to buy something on ebay then noticed you couldnt use a laser card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

I applied for a neteller net+ card last friday, sent in the documentation on friday evening, got an email about a call back this morning & got the call back a few min ago on a meteor mobile. I used the 00353 and everythings gone very smooth. Hopefully i'll get the card in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ndubz

I have read the BA forum a few times for Mastercard with No loading fees, a physical card that dosn't expire within 2 months and a good online account to use this. The best is Moneybookers.com, I used to have NETELLER account but with MONEYBOOKERS.COM you don't have to pay any fees for using the card, except if you want to withdraw from an ATM, thats it, Online, shops and restaurants FREE, and its FREE TO upload the funds from your LASER card, which im sure everyone has.

Check it out, really worth it.

Moneybookers.com + (Ryanair recognise it as a prepaid mastercard (SO no ADMIN fee)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just to make sure I have this 100% up to date before I go and take the plunge; I'm looking at flights on Ryanair which will cost €94 exc credit card charge of €20; if I go to Stephens Green and buy the Dublin City card and upload €95 on it, it will work on the Ryanair site no problems?

I've glanced through the thread and it would seem to be the case but I want to make sure before I do it that it is up to date and wont be rejected by Ryanair leaving me with a €95 gift card.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROVER

cson wrote: »
    Just to make sure I have this 100% up to date before I go and take the plunge; I'm looking at flights on Ryanair which will cost €94 exc credit card charge of €20; if I go to Stephens Green and buy the Dublin City card and upload €95 on it, it will work on the Ryanair site no problems?

I've glanced through the thread and it would seem to be the case but I want to make sure before I do it that it is up to date and wont be rejected by Ryanair leaving me with a €95 gift card.

Cheers.

Yes it will work I have used the Dublin city card

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pureirish

The multi centre gift card that you get at
    Liffey Valley shopping centre in Dublin
    Northside shopping centre in Dublin
    Whitewater shopping centre in Newbridge, Co. Kildare
    Mahon Point shopping centre in Cork
    Merchants Quay shopping centre in Cork
    Citywest shopping centre in Dublin
    Westend shopping park in Dublin
    Victoria Square shopping centre in Belfast
    Showgrounds shopping Centre in Clonmel
    Leopardstown shopping Centre
    The Park, Carrickmines

will not work for Ryanair. But this seems to be a decision of the card company rather than Ryanair.

So beware. Or you might en up splashing out on unwanted stuff, rater than saving a few bob.

If only I read this before loading the card up!

As colinmanning says, Multicentre gift cards do NOT work for booking Ryanair flights even though they are a "prepaid MasterCard". This is despite it saying on the back of the card "This gift card may be used at any retailer that accepts MasterCard cards in the following Shopping Centres ... and anywhere else MasterCard cards are accepted." This is not true.

I have yet to find an online retailer that will accept this card. I have also been into SuperQuinn. They won't accept it either.

Getting a refund is a total pain. www.rgfinancial.eu (Operators of the Multicentre card) refer you to the S.C. you bought the card in. You go there and they refer you to rgfinancial. All in all another totally unsatisfctory demonstration of good customer service in Ireland.

There is also an €8 fee to get a refund on the card even if it's less than 3 hours since you originally purchased the card and subsequently discovered it doesn't work online!

This is just my two cents but in future I will go for the Dundrum Card operated by www.perfectcard.ie This HAS worked online before for me. I haven't tried it on Ryanair though. I urge the shopping centres operating the MultiCentre card from RG Financial to move towards the Mastercard from PerfectCard.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pureirish

pureirish wrote: »

I have yet to find an online retailer that will accept this card. I have also been into SuperQuinn. They won't accept it either.

http://www.multicentregiftvoucher.ie/CardTerms.asp

1. Your Prepaid MasterCard® Card

You can use the Prepaid Card / E-Money Account at any location that displays the MasterCard® acceptance mark, including shops, restaurants, online, or on the telephone. You can also use your Prepaid Card overseas

Going by the experience I've had with this card. The above is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hego19

Will the pavilions gift card work to pay for Ryanair flight??

thanks for the help!

(as far as I know its run by perfectcard)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Aviva_Lasvagas

Hi, Just wanted to say that thanks to you guys i registered a Prepaid Wire Card and managed to book a Ryan Air flight with no CC charges - Thanks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

ROVER wrote: »
    Yes it will work I have used the Dublin city card

Yup it does indeedy work perfectly. Saving of €20 yoyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Does anyone know if the Dundrum Town Centre gift card definitely works with Ryanair?

• Advertisement

It does. Please read the thread again.

madmoe wrote: »
    Cheers Sheep! Has anyone gone this route and switched over or moved to a completely different solution? If so why did you move?

Cheers,
    M

PS: Are there any hidden charges for just upgrading to the entropay plastic card??

Hi guys,
    Has anyone switched over from the old Entropy to their new one? Have you been using it with Ryanair?

Cheers,
    M

Used a Dundrum giftcard today to book Ryanair flights - worked a charm. You have to pay E2 service charge for the card but I'd still rather this to giving Ryanair E10 for nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭TM

pureirish wrote: »

1. Your Prepaid MasterCard® Card

You can use the Prepaid Card / E-Money Account at any location that displays the MasterCard® acceptance mark, including shops, restaurants, online, or on the telephone. You can also use your Prepaid Card overseas

Going by the experience I've had with this card. The above is not true.
    If this is the case then you should complain to them and, if necessary, to the Financial Services Ombudsman.

http://www.itsyourmoney.ie/index.jsp?p=94&n=663&a=0

The Prepaid Card is an electronic money product and ... is a product regulated by the Financial Services Authority

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Anyone having problems booking ryanair flights with the prepaid cards? I got a prepaid mastercard from Bishopstown Credit Union (no stamp duty, no charges, and its free to get one) but when i try to book flights on ryanair i am gettting an error message saying that theres somethign wrong with the payment method. Anyone know about this?

TM wrote: »
    If this is the case then you should complain to them and, if necessary, to the Financial Services Ombudsman.

http://www.itsyourmoney.ie/index.jsp?p=94&n=663&a=0

You will need to complain to the UK authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭TM

Bond-007 wrote: »
    You will need to complain to the UK authorities.
    You're right. I assumed it was regulated by IFSRA but I see now that it's (the UK) FSA:

23. Prepaid Card Issuer

Your Prepaid Card is issued by Newcastle Building Society (NBS) whose principal office is Portland House, New Bridge Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE1 8AL, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (registered number 156058) as a building society and an issuer of e-money. Your Prepaid Card is the property of Newcastle Building Society and is not transferable to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

sitstill wrote: »
    Used a Dundrum giftcard today to book Ryanair flights - worked a charm. You have to pay E2 service charge for the card

Really? Since when? Did you have to pay this when buying the card in the center? Is it applied to each card regardless of value?

According to PerfectCard there are no fees in the first 12 months http://www.perfectcard.ie/faq.html#3

HappyHarry wrote: »
    Really? Since when? Did you have to pay this when buying the card in the center? Is it applied to each card regardless of value?

According to PerfectCard there are no fees in the first 12 months http://www.perfectcard.ie/faq.html#3

I don't really know what the story is with it. I was buying a card for E110 and was told it would cost me E112.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 thepensioner

I don't think there are any charges within 12 months for the Dundrum card. When you were buying the card & they offered you a display card / box, did you get one. Just a thought but perhaps they charged you for this.

Advertisement