Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multicentre vouchers work for Ryanair flights???

• 20-02-2010 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all!
    Im new!

I have heard that you can avoid booking (admin) fees €5 each way with Ryanair if you use a prepaid mastercard.

And i was wondering if any of you guys knew if the multicentre gift vouchers, which are essentially prepaid mastercards, will work when shopping online!!!

Be grateful for your help! Im a student and am looking into summer holidays at cheapest possible price!

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

I think I've read on here somewhere that they do but I've no personal experience of using one. There's a thread or two on here about it which should give you some further info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 plebo

ok thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Thread about this in the Bargain Alert forum > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055794082

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Pavillions Swords vouchers work.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pureirish

Multicentre gift cards do NOT work for booking Ryanair flights even though they are a "prepaid MasterCard". This is despite it saying on the back of the card "This gift card may be used at any retailer that accepts MasterCard cards in the following Shopping Centres ... and anywhere else MasterCard cards are accepted." This is not true.

I have yet to find an online retailer that will accept this card. I have also been into SuperQuinn. They won't accept it either.

Getting a refund is a total pain. www.rgfinancial.eu (Operators of the Multicentre card) refer you to the S.C. you bought the card in. You go there and they refer you to rgfinancial. All in all another totally unsatisfctory demonstration of good customer service in Ireland.

There is also an €8 fee to get a refund on the card even if it's less than 3 hours since you originally purchased the card and subsequently discovered it doesn't work online!

This is just my two cents but in future I will go for the Dundrum Card operated by www.perfectcard.ie This HAS worked online before for me. I haven't tried it on Ryanair though. I urge the shopping centres operating the MultiCentre card from RG Financial to move towards the Mastercard from PerfectCard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pureirish

pureirish wrote: »

I have yet to find an online retailer that will accept this card. I have also been into SuperQuinn. They won't accept it either.

http://www.multicentregiftvoucher.ie/CardTerms.asp

1. Your Prepaid MasterCard® Card

You can use the Prepaid Card / E-Money Account at any location that displays the MasterCard® acceptance mark, including shops, restaurants, online, or on the telephone. You can also use your Prepaid Card overseas

Going by the experience I've had with this card. The above is not true.

pureirish wrote: »

http://www.multicentregiftvoucher.ie/CardTerms.asp

1. Your Prepaid MasterCard® Card

You can use the Prepaid Card / E-Money Account at any location that displays the MasterCard® acceptance mark, including shops, restaurants, online, or on the telephone. You can also use your Prepaid Card overseas

Going by the experience I've had with this card. The above is not true.

If this is the case (that it cant be used at locations that display the mastercard symbol) is this reason to demand a refund? As it does not do what its meant to (i've already had it rejected at a place that accepts mastercard).

Or is it likely that if i went to Dundrum SC with this card i would be able to use it to buy a perfectcard?

Advertisement