Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Haddockman wrote: »
    Wirecard is you best best for instant use.

Thanks Haddockman!
    I have searched boards and read some of the threads on it (didn't get all the way through because the main thread has over 64 pages :eek:) am a little bit confused so hope it's OK to ask ....
    I saw someone said it can take up to 7 days for the money to actually load on but it's more normal for it to load within 3-4days .. am a little worried as it Saturday so am thinking if I go for one that the money won't be on until Monday ... any advice?
    Also, someone else said they can only load €150 per week ... is there a limit? The flights are €300 so I'd need to be able to load on that amount at least
    Thanks for all your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Try the payzone card. You can do it all in cash at a local shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Ah, if only I were in Dublin ... nowhere near anywhere thats ells them unfortunately ... guess I'll have to bite the bullet with Ryanair this time:mad:z

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭ooter

I'm looking for a bit more info on this netseller card.I'm currently using the entropy prepaid mastercard to book flights and before that I was using it's virtual card.although I'm still saving money the charges add up,they charge around 5% to load money on to it.I never really minded that but recently my bank has started to charge a currency conversion fee so I'm paying even more now as my card was set up in sterling,ryanair's conversion rate seems to be a p1ss take too.
    For example I booked flights yesterday,they should've cost 37 euro but by the time i had booked I ended up paying around 42 euro what with the conversion rate,the loading fee and the currency conversion fee.it'd be so much easier and cheaper if there was a card that I could just load euro on to and work away.
    Which netseller card should I go for,the virtual one or the plastic one?
    Does it have to be set up in sterling or euro,if it is set up in euro am I liable to pay the annual fee the govt charge for each credit card owned in ireland?
    When i set up my entropay account i was told to set it up in sterling but was never given a reason why I had to do that.sorry for the long post,just trying to explain myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Aviva_Lasvagas

ooter wrote: »
    I'm looking for a bit more info on this netseller card.I'm currently using the entropy prepaid mastercard to book flights and before that I was using it's virtual card.although I'm still saving money the charges add up,they charge around 5% to load money on to it.I never really minded that but recently my bank has started to charge a currency conversion fee so I'm paying even more now as my card was set up in sterling,ryanair's conversion rate seems to be a p1ss take too.
    For example I booked flights yesterday,they should've cost 37 euro but by the time i had booked I ended up paying around 42 euro what with the conversion rate,the loading fee and the currency conversion fee.it'd be so much easier and cheaper if there was a card that I could just load euro on to and work away.
    Which netseller card should I go for,the virtual one or the plastic one?
    Does it have to be set up in sterling or euro,if it is set up in euro am I liable to pay the annual fee the govt charge for each credit card owned in ireland?
    When i set up my entropay account i was told to set it up in sterling but was never given a reason why I had to do that.sorry for the long post,just trying to explain myself

I use the virtual Wirecard which I have set up in Euro, they charge about 3% and it works with Ryanair (Used it 2 days ago). You can load the card using a normal Credit Card and it is instant.
    HTH...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I did read the 19 pages :), so it's between Neteller or Moneybookers for me. Just to make sure I'm right, Moneybookers charge e10 a year charge for the card and only real advantage is that you can load it with your Laser? Neteller is free and free if you load it with online banking? If so, Neteller is probably best for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Aviva_Lasvagas

AntiRip wrote: »
    I did read the 19 pages :), so it's between Neteller or Moneybookers for me. Just to make sure I'm right, Moneybookers charge e10 a year charge for the card and only real advantage is that you can load it with your Laser? Neteller is free and free if you load it with online banking? If so, Neteller is probably best for me

Neteller seems a reasonable way to go, loading the card for free is good, but I don’t like putting my bank details over the net unless I really need to, I feel less exposed using a Credit Card. So in my case, it’s 3% with Wirecard or 1.75% (Loading with CC) with Neteller, given that Neteller charge up to $30.00 USD if you don’t use the account for 14 months, I thought a loss of 1.25% was worth not having to be committed. At the end of the day, it’s what works for you and is the most convenient to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Does anyone know what you put in for 'cardholder name' when you use the dublin gift card online?

Maybe this is somewhere in the thread but I cant find it.

Use your own name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Use your own name.

Slow down, slow down.

My....Own.....Name???

• Advertisement

yes

Neteller seems a reasonable way to go, loading the card for free is good, but I don’t like putting my bank details over the net unless I really need to, I feel less exposed using a Credit Card. So in my case, it’s 3% with Wirecard or 1.75% (Loading with CC) with Neteller, given that Neteller charge up to $30.00 USD if you don’t use the account for 14 months, I thought a loss of 1.25% was worth not having to be committed. At the end of the day, it’s what works for you and is the most convenient to use.

I see also with Neteller that there is a e15 cancellation fee. Also, it says :

2) If you perform a Net+ transaction in a currency different from your Net+ card, you will be charged the Net+ FX fee of 2.95%.

Does this mean so if I buy off ebay in sterling that I will be charged a 2.95% fee for the transaction?

Does this mean so if I buy off ebay in sterling that I will be charged a 2.95% fee for the transaction?
    yes.

yes.

Thanks Haddockman. That makes it useless for me so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

Hi, can I pay on amazon.co.uk with dublin gift card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭jaceq

I just booked bunch of flights (ryanair) using blanchardstown SC gift card all went well, no handling charges :) Also used it for paying for flights in EUR and PLN no problems at all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

jaceq wrote: »
    I just booked bunch of flights (ryanair) using blanchardstown SC gift card all went well, no handling charges :) Also used it for paying for flights in EUR and PLN no problems at all! :)

Did you know you can pay for all your flights in Euros? Might save you bit on the currency conversion charge / commission on your card.

Here's how:

Search for your Łódź (or wherever) to Dublin (or wherever) flight. Select the flight you want but don't click on "select and continue" yet.

Open a new tab. Search for Dublin to wherever. Select any flight and click on "select and continue". When you're on the next screen (passenger details), close this tab.

Back on your original tab, now click "select and continue". Prices are no longer in złoty they are in Euros - however your originally selected itinerary remains.

(Works with any currency).

This would have been handy last week. I was made pay in NOK for my flight form Norway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭jaceq

Did you know you can pay for all your flights in Euros? Might save you bit on the currency conversion charge / commission on your card.

Here's how:

Search for your Łódź (or wherever) to Dublin (or wherever) flight. Select the flight you want but don't click on "select and continue" yet.

Open a new tab. Search for Dublin to wherever. Select any flight and click on "select and continue". When you're on the next screen (passenger details), close this tab.

Back on your original tab, now click "select and continue". Prices are no longer in złoty they are in Euros - however your originally selected itinerary remains.

(Works with any currency).

I was getting optio of EUR payment anyway but.. it was MORE.
    So I got quoted 29.11€ with ryanair conversion, I went for PLN and I was charged (after conversion on my card) 26€ !
    There are no extra charges for paying in other currency on that blanchardstown card...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MI123

Hi, can I buy (prepay phone) on three.ie with dublin gift card???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Aug2009

tommy21 wrote: »
    Just rang them there, they don't. What they have is a mastercard debit card but you can't buy this as a one-off purchase.

A prepaid Mastercard is a debit card - just different terminology. I can confirm that the Bishopstown Credit Union card works on Ryanair. I have one and a group of 28 of us saved a total of €280 on a family trip to a wedding in London with Ryanair.

Bishopstown Credit Union Prepaid MAsterCard works on Ryanair with no fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jimmy2180

Just tried my perfect card on pay pal today and got:

The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ciulabula

He there. Just a quick post to let U folks know, that this dundrun gift card works perfect with ryanair. I have booked my flights 10 minutes ago without CC fee.
    Just don't listen to a guy in DTC info decks, that thier own card does'n work on the net anymore. This is what he said to me and instead of their gift card, he offer me perfect card for as little as 5€, and assure me, that this is the only one card for internet users. DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM
    DUNDRUM TOWN CENTRE GIFT CARDS WORKS ON RYANAIR'S WEBSIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And it's
    completely cost U nothing, as oppossed to perfect card.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

There has been lots about the use of the dublin giftcard for buying ryanair flights and avoiding the credit card fees but still no real feedback on its uses in other stores?

Has anyone had any experience using the card for groceries e.g. tescos or other shops? Also, could the card be used for partial payment? I have a few cards with E6 and E9 on them and want to use them up.

Thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Never mind, booked flights in EUR and had no issues. Damn Hurgarian Forents!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Does anyone know the nearest place to Ballymun to buy a pre paid mastercard to book Ryanair flights without paying a fee for the card.
    So far the nearest seems to be Blanchardstown Shopping Centre but it would be handier if anyone knows somewhere closer. Buying one online has a 6euro surcharge.
    Thanks

Just to add Ryanair have this offer from Dublin to Reus for 19.99 , this is the offer I want but not one flight during the stated travel period is 19.99.
    Booking Period: Tue 22 Jun 10 - Thu 24 Jun 10
    Travel Period: Wed 1 Sep 10 - Sun 31 Oct 10
    Applicable Days: Mon - Sun (Subject to availability)
    Flight must be purchased: Travel from 01 Sep 10

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Pavillion Shopping Centre Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

...or Stephen's Green

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hollands

Hey Guys and Gals, Take not that the Perfectcard from Dundrum now costs €5 to buy regardless of amount being put on. i.e. €20 card will cost you €25 !!
    They also say that the Dundrum card itself, will not work online, so you have to go for the Perfectcard which is now a ripoff as they are getting your money interest free until you use it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Aug2009

hollands wrote: »
    Hey Guys and Gals, Take not that the Perfectcard from Dundrum now costs €5 to buy regardless of amount being put on. i.e. €20 card will cost you €25 !!
    They also say that the Dundrum card itself, will not work online, so you have to go for the Perfectcard which is now a ripoff as they are getting your money interest free until you use it.

That is steep. Definitely not worth it.

Advertisement