Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe winter storm- Severe Blizzards and Heavy Snow this evening/night - Take Action

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MrsToad

South Co. Kilkenny.
    At 7am there was a covering of 1 to 2cm of snow, which is now being washed away by a very light drizzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Well, I suppose with it snowing at low levels, it's time to fess up that I was wrong to not trust the models. :o They were saying it all along but I thought there were reasons to believe they were overdoing it. I guess we CAN get good snow at this time of the year!

Now to see if it will stick though.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Supercell wrote: »
    Parts of Ireland had a seriously snowy winter this year , not just engerland had all the sneachta you know.
    Those same parts want one last snow day before the summer :D

Speak for yourself.

We were hard hit and cut off for weeks and there is NO WAY we want any more.

We need to be out selling this weekend for the work for abandoned babies in India. Not snowed in or blown off our feet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Su Campu wrote: »
    Well, I suppose with it snowing at low levels, it's time to fess up that I was wrong to not trust the models. :o They were saying it all along but I thought there were reasons to believe they were overdoing it. I guess we CAN get good snow at this time of the year!

Why am I still getting sleet?? Ugh boy over on other forum bragging about getting snow after mild sector but I sickened him telling him were gettting blizzards

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Whats your problem?? - if you don't like snow/cold why do you live half way up a mountain??. I love this weather since it puts mankind in its place cos it shows that despite all the abuse we throw at her, nature is still in charge. So much of nature has been destroyed or tamed to boredom - thankfully not the weather - yet!!

YAAAWWWWN!

Cliche after cliche and not readling what is written.

It is you who have the problem not us..

REALLY!

ALL weather shows what you find important, not just the kind that kills and maims. As this does.

April is needing warmth for growth and life; that too is totally beyond our control.

We love snow also; but not when lambs and livelihoods are in danger.

That is the difference here.

To enthuse without thought..

Then to make vapid accusations! REALLY!

• Advertisement

Offline now; snowing up here but please God it will not stick....

Blow away, snow.. Blow gently warmth and life to all...Dry the lambs and green the grass and keep all safe this day.

Work to do and other vital chores to do.

Blessings and peace

• Registered Users Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Graces7 wrote: »
    Whats your problem?? - if you don't like snow/cold why do you live half way up a mountain??. I love this weather since it puts mankind in its place cos it shows that despite all the abuse we throw at her, nature is still in charge. So much of nature has been destroyed or tamed to boredom - thankfully not the weather - yet!!

YAAAWWWWN!

Cliche after cliche and not readling what is written.

It is you who have the problem not us..

REALLY!

ALL weather shows what you find important, not just the kind that kills and maims. As this does.

April is needing warmth for growth and life; that too is totally beyond our control.

We love snow also; but not when lambs and livelihoods are in danger.

That is the difference here.

To enthuse without thought..

Then to make vapid accusations! REALLY!

Typical poor mouth farmer - you should see the type of weather and conditions farmers in other countries have to put up with, without generous handouts from the taxpayer I might add eg. Most of the livestock in Mongolia died this winter due to its severity. The overwhelming sense of entitlement among certain groups in this country is getting to be more then tiresome!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Wet snow here in Celbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Doh, all my snow gone this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Offline now; snowing up here but please God it will not stick....

Blow away, snow.. Blow gently warmth and life to all...Dry the lambs and green the grass and keep all safe this day.

Work to do and other vital chores to do.

Blessings and peace

God these posts are tiresome....give it a rest.

Pretty wet stuff in Dublin though it has been constant since I got up at 6. Not particulalry sticking other than on cars and roofs but in higher ground in Sandyford and Stepaside I hear that it has been sticking for a couple of hours.

Pretty crazy when it was 10c on the M50 at 9pm last night...thought we might of got some snow/sleet tonight but this is much earlier than expected and a more prolonged spell is probably likely through the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Su Campu wrote: »

yeah i was surprised myself...what are the models saying for today in your view?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

1.3/-0.3

still rain here,looks like trims snow shield is well and trully working AGAIN :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Quite surprised.

Some decent chunks of snow falling.

Of the wet kind but i really didn't expect any till later as 850hpa temps are meant to be like 0c now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Can we keep it on topic please:) if anyone feels the need to start a new thread for debate on the morals of enjoying extreme weather feel free to start a new thread but try to remain civilised!
    Meanwhile, bursts of rain and wet snow here, 3.2C/1.7C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Typical poor mouth farmer - you should see the type of weather and conditions farmers in other countries have to put up with, without generous handouts from the taxpayer I might add eg. Most of the livestock in Mongolia died this winter due to its severity. The overwhelming sense of entitlement among certain groups in this country is getting to be more then tiresome!!

I don't believe she is a farmer and so what if farmers do not want snow. I am a farmer who can't sell my cattle thanks to regulations from the government involving TB, I am getting no taxpayer handouts, I have too many cattle as I had to keep them all for the winter and not good enough for the factory, I had to spend thousands to keep them fed, its costs a lot when any die to have them disposed of. I need grass and warm weather, it is not a case of poor mouth farmer, it is a case of real life.
    Your attitude is one of speaking without knowing circumstances,nice to see farmer hatred is a live and well.....not
    We aren't in any other country, I saw the people in Mongolia are suffering and I could understand as I know how the feel, I was close to tears with that story on the BBC and I hear the people there are crying. We all have to suffer but no point looking for extra suffering with more bad weather to add to the already non show of grass......similar to Mongolia....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wonderful thought.. thank you!

Low 20's F not C ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

owenc wrote: »
    Why am I still getting sleet?? Ugh boy over on other forum bragging about getting snow after mild sector but I sickened him telling him were gettting blizzards

Are you to near the coast owen?
    Seems like the northerly might be keeping the dew points just on the wrong side of marginal for you.

The precipitation should intensify during the morning and afternoon along eastern areas with another pulse into Ulster later and then pushing back southwards.

Midnight - Winter storm with widespread snow and gales

Rtavn241.png

Many areas will see lying snow by early Wednesday with appreciation levels as discussed last night.

By midnight gusts of 60mph will occur in eastern areas.

Heavy snow will be affecting much of the country and blizzard conditions are possible at times as temperatures fall.

The snow will only clear the east slowly on Wednesday morning while winds continue strong veering northwesterly.

To be honest i didn't expect it to be snowing this early in some eastern areas but its a good sign although not necessarily indicative that it will last all day. Although it seemingly has a good chance has precipitation rates increase during the day, snow for pretty much all from around 6pm i would suggest though.

Some really large flakes thrown in now as the intensity increases.:D:D

March 30th :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭burger1979

I wish it would all just go away. i mean dont get me wrong i loved the roller coaster during january but i mean its the beginning of april and all's i want is some sun and warmth..........is it too much to ask???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light snow again despite temp at 1.6c DP 1.4c.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

WeatherCheck;

Are we just going to get what we are getting now in Dublin, wet snow and not sticking?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

burger1979 wrote: »
    I wish it would all just go away. i mean dont get me wrong i loved the roller coaster during january but i mean its the beginning of april and all's i want is some sun and warmth..........is it too much to ask???

Ya its crazy at this stage i mean i kinda half enjoyed it for a while january but im hoping it clears up for the long weekend i have plans and i bet im not only one and poxy snow appears lol.

Is interesting how crazy weathers been last couple months what next like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

light sleety/snow here now,just adding to the puddles
    good start what with it not really supposed to get heavy till later

• Registered Users Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Min wrote: »

I don't believe she is a farmer and so what if farmers do not want snow. I am a farmer who can't sell my cattle thanks to regulations from the government involving TB, I am getting no taxpayer handouts, I have too many cattle as I had to keep them all for the winter and not good enough for the factory, I had to spend thousands to keep them fed, its costs a lot when any die to have them disposed of. I need grass and warm weather, it is not a case of poor mouth farmer, it is a case of real life.
    Your attitude is one of speaking without knowing circumstances,nice to see farmer hatred is a live and well.....not
    We aren't in any other country, I saw the people in Mongolia are suffering and I could understand as I know how the feel, I was close to tears with that story on the BBC and I hear the people there are crying. We all have to suffer but no point looking for extra suffering with more bad weather to add to the already non show of grass......similar to Mongolia....

I take your point - I was referring more to certain types of farmers and their attitude:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

If I never hear global warning mentioned again it will be too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Just your typical cold wet miserable January morning here... hmmm...wait a min... (rushes off to find calender)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Well, my roof has started leaking and it sounds like I've twenty four hours of this to go. It better snow lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Back to rain here in Dublin.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

after a drizzly interlude the snow is coming back down in Dalkey...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement