Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe winter storm- Severe Blizzards and Heavy Snow this evening/night - Take Action

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Listen go over to the Airsoft forum and start annoying them because they like to shoot each , or the football forum because they like to play with balls or even the antiques forum cause they like old stuff .

This is a forum for weather enthusiasts whom are bound to like weather extremes , to put it simply if you dont like what you see then dont come in here .

Otherwise join in with the banter and drop the attitude :D

i am not a selfish bastard so i do not qualify to view this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

yes, much cooler than someone who comes on a weather forum and is puzzled on why people 'love snow'. You obviously have your own interests too and the fact that I have a passion about weather (and snow in particular) blinds me from the fact that it causes hardship...same goes for people who like volcanoes and volcanic eruptions and a million other examples.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

barney 20v wrote: »
    i am not a selfish bastard so i do not qualify to view this thread?

Of course , even if you were you would be welcome , but if you expect people not to like extreme weather in here then ..........

patneve2 wrote: »
    yes, much cooler than someone who comes on a weather forum and is puzzled on why people 'love snow'. You obviously have your own interests too and the fact that I have a passion about weather (and snow in particular) blinds me from the fact that it causes hardship...same goes for people who like volcanoes and volcanic eruptions and a million other examples.

Look, if your going to quote me at least TRY to do so accurately ..
    Where did i say anything about people who "love snow"?

I asked two simple questions, neither of which have been answered properly....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

If it does come down hard at least we wont have the same panick over the schools like last time.

They are off for the Easter break already aren't they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Look, if your going to quote me at least TRY to do so accurately ..
    Where did i say anything about people who "love snow"?

I asked two simple questions, neither of which have been answered properly....

obsession with snow, sorry.
    what two questions, ask and I will answer as truthfully as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Barney, if you want to be a sour puss ..please bog off or shut it..
    You're wrecking my snow buzz.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Of course , even if you were you would be welcome , but if you expect people not to like extreme weather in here then ..........

Yet again, i never stated that i "expect people not to like extreme weather in here"
    i just asked a simple question with regards to peoples fascination with snow on here.
    I'm beginning to see the way bogus forecasts are created in here,

Supercell wrote: »
    Barney, if you want to be a sour puss ..please bog off or shut it..
    You're wrecking my snow buzz.

sorry about your buzz.... but i won't let anyone mis- quote me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

They are off for the Easter break already aren't they?
    Evidently. I blame the parents. They shouldn't let the kids stay up so late.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Yet again, i never stated that i "expect people not to like extreme weather in here"
    i just asked a simple question with regards to peoples fascination with snow on here.
    I'm beginning to see the way bogus forecasts are created in here,

Rite I will put it to you like this , I am not going to go to a pro drift event or even a motor show and ask the people there what's there fascination with there motors even though the car is just meant to get you from A to B, its not a toy !

I never said you stated that but coming into a weather forum and questioning peoples fascination with the weather at hand (snow) and then calling the thread a lame duck, now your calling the forecasts bogus ??? its only asking for hassle .

For the record , as long as I have been using the weather forum the forecasts have been on par with the full time professional MET Eireann and above them in a lot of cases .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

barney,

Some people look forward to snow just as some people look forward to sun in summer, no great mystery about it, especially not on a weather forum... snow has been enchanting people for centuries and every year millions of tourists go off in search of it in the Alps, etc.

8 c here and dry as a witches tit...
    Probably not the correct Terminology but sure,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

it's blizzard conditions here in cork city. big fat snow flakes falling down. i cant believe it:eek:

8 c here and dry as a witches tit...
    Probably not the correct Terminology but sure,,,,,,,

Whats you location ?

Have to admit I love that bit of terminology :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

finally turning back to snow again here :o

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    it's blizzard conditions here in cork city. big fat snow flakes falling down. i cant believe it:eek:

Whats was the girls name from cork that was here most of the winter ?

Think it was leah, she will be wetting herself at that sight :pac::pac::pac:

The wind is REALLY picking up here now in the last 5 minutes- I had a really major gust a few minutes ago... tis getting pretty wild out there! :eek:

Nacho, do you think there is any chance of Mayo seeing much snow???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Yeah that was Leahyl ... she was so enthusiastic and cool, I miss her a bit :o

On the other hand ... 20v can GTFO now pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

No more snow! I just fixed up al the plumbing, damaged walls and paint in the house not too long ago! I don't want to be up at 4am cursing the builders shoddy/ corrupt insulation standards again. Nor slipping on my ass on snow!

• Advertisement

Cooler air making its ways eastwards, temperature falling rapidly now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

It's 1c out and windy and still sleeting I thought the colder uppers wouldve been in by now.. The hills above must be drenced in snow Is worrying for tomorrow though might be sleet all day!

congo_90 wrote: »
    Nor slipping on my ass on snow!

So that was you on the RTE news! ;)

Rougies wrote: »
    Yeah that was Leahyl ... she was so enthusiastic and cool, I miss her a bit :o

On the other hand ... 20v can GTFO now pls?

lol.. I am perfectly entitled to be on this thread.. Asking a pertinent question and then defending myself from being mis-quoted is not against the charter!
    I have even tried to make a contribution to this "thread" with my up to the minute weather report!

If i have done anything wrong then please do feel free to pm a mod.....
    Until then please try to stop forcing me from this thread.

That ever increasing wind has a menacing air to it, there could be structural damage - be safe everyone... oiche mhaith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

snowing nicely here in tipp now.

Was gonna post earlier but I noticed owenc was still here(oh the memories)..........dear god help us:D

Rite im off , best of luck to everyone

Temp 1.9

dp 1.2

Wow, have never seen the temp outside plummet so fast, is amazing.
    Come on the sneachta!

Amazing stuff.
    Spot the cooler air arriving :-

OutsideTempHistory.gifDewPointHistory.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

hurry up morning! Cnt wait to see mountains and get out of this bed!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement