Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I signed my life away for the sake of city centre apt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Car parking space for 45k, well played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Jonjo, Rigger and Mr. S, you're all men of my own heart!

I couldn't believe that article when I read it. Basically, she said that she was hearing warning signs, but she just had to have that apartment once she saw it.

I'd be embarrassed to have my name and face go with that sheerly ridiculous confession piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I mean how utterly stupid can someone be,

Jaysus JONJO, go for the conversion as well.
    Five-points to seven if she's Australian as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

How is this news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

a fool and their money are easily parted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This is just a rehash of another article she wrote last year.. not only is she a stupid bitch for paying that much for an apartment but she's also a lazy journalist

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/trapped-in-a-negative-equity-nightmare-after-dreams-of-city-apartment-living-turned-sour-1794601.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Everything is easy to shoot down in hindsight. I agree that looking for sympathy is the wrong thing to do but I feel sorry for anyone who bought anything in the last few years as they were all overpriced.

Some people listen to what they want to hear, and if people are telling you about soft landings and everything will be ok, if that's all you want to hear then best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭akkadian

Mr.S wrote: »
    "The two-bed showroom apartment on the fifth floor of a six-storey building cost me €525,000 at the time which included a parking space in my development for €45,000"

"I ignored repeated warnings both from my parents and the Central Bank and instead ploughed in head first and handed over the money."

What a tit.
    some people are born stupid, some achieve stupidity, and some have stupidity thrust upon them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Anybody know the address? I have some magic beans to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

In fairness to her she accepts it was her decision to buy despite warnings from the CB and her parents. Plus it looks like she's gonna stick at it and try to ride out the hardship so at least fair play to her on that point.
    She's not like a few other joe soap's who bought houses well beyond their means and now want the taxpayers to bail them out so their houses are not repossessed.:mad:
    I hear crap like let's wipe their mortages clean etc but to hell with that.
    I'm not busting my ass working and paying 42% tax just so they can get free houses.
    My thoughts are "fúck em"...you paid the price for living beyond your means so tough".
    Sell your house/apartment if you can and downgrade to a cheaper one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BongoJuice

How could anybody have sympathy for such outlandish clowns. She deserves everything she gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Feckin' eejit, no sympathy whosoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

This is just a rehash of another article she wrote last year.. not only is she a stupid bitch for paying that much for an apartment but she's also a lazy journalist

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/trapped-in-a-negative-equity-nightmare-after-dreams-of-city-apartment-living-turned-sour-1794601.html

i wonder how much it'll be worth the next time she mixes up the paragraphs like that?
    hasn't she a grand job spouting shyte for that rag anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sron

Dord wrote: »
    How is this news?

People don't read the Indo for news, they read it for the witty insights of Brendan O'Connor, the in-depth analysis of the experienced and highly respected Kevin Myers, and all the gossip that the trollops on X-pose are too scared to handle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

"The cold wind of reality is never far from me and it constantly blows abruptly into my life".

Jaysus, for 575k you'd think she'd get a place with proper windows.

Seriously though, i don't get these whingers.
    She was willing to pay this amount then, why not honour that and stop whining (negative equity or not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

God, what a muppet. Seriously, ignored the warnings and ploughed ahead?

/Facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Moron. That is all.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭james finn

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/i-signed-my-life-away-for-the-sake-of-city-centre-apartment-2106182.html

I mean how utterly stupid can someone be, she brought in 2008 when everybody knew that house prices and the country was going down the toilet. :eek: 525,000 for a two bed apartment, theres a old saying that a fool is born every minute in Ireland and this certainly proves it and now the girl writes to a newspaper looking for sympathy, unbelievable.
    I would not of minded her complaing if she had brought in 2006 or 2007 but she brought in May 2008 when even the dogs in the street knew what was around the corner.

if she is still working she will get to keep it plus had she of waited she might not of got a loan, in time to come as the years go on, it will be worth it just like what happened in the past when people bought at the end of a boom and think its the end of the world but it always comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Sunday indo in allowing imbecile to get their moronic ramblings printed shocker

Also:
    riverside location of Grand Canal Quay

The clue is in the name.

I'd say the estate agent couldn't believe their luck the day she came calling

Sunday indo in allowing imbecile to get their moroic ramblings printed shocker

Also:

The clue is in the name.

I'd say the estate agent couldn't believe their luck the day she came calling

if you guys could see it coming why didnt the banks when she walked in, id say she had/has lots of dollars to back it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BillyBoyBad

sam34 wrote: »
    a fool and their the bank's money are easily parted

FYP

FYP
    7%-10% house price rise forecast

By Brian O’Mahony
    Saturday, January 09, 2010

HOUSE prices are set to rise 7%-10% having fallen up to 40% from their peak, according to a new report.

It also forecasts a strong rally with the share prices of the main banks set to double in value to over €3 in 2010.

These predictions are contained in the "annual surprise list" of Pramit Ghose, managing partner at Bloxham Stockbrokers.

Ghose says that strong private investor interests, who still own about 50% of each bank, will prevent the nationalisation of the two main banks, contradicting the strongly held view in the market that AIB will be majority state-owned some time this year.

He also expects that Irish prime commercial and residential property markets will bottom out in spring/summer of 2010 and then start to recover.

The move will be modest and backed by what Ghose sees as "pent-up demand, attractive yields, renewed international demand and improving mortgage availability". Both markets will end up 7 to 10% with positive momentum going into 2011.

On the currency front he expects the greenback will continue to strengthen, reaching $1.30 against the euro, while gold will retreat to a more modest $900-$950 an ounce from its current level of $1,130.

That dip in gold values well spell the end of investors’ love affair with gold as the global economic environment starts to stabilise, he said. That change will boost investor demand for income producing assets, he said.

Ghose also notes many of his forecasts came in very close to what he had forecast at the beginning of last year.

For 2009, Mr Ghose said the S&P would bottom out in February 2009 with the index reaching 1,100 at some stage over 2009.

It bottomed out on March 9, and then rallied strongly up to 1,115 at year end.

"It’s hard now to remember how bearish everyone was at the start of 2009, and that most strategists had been forecasting the S&P would fall below 750," he said.

His added recovery forecasts for this year are coloured by the view that the momentum of new money flows and continuing profits recovery would be offset by "disappointingly modest economic growth".

This story appeared in the printed version of the Irish Examiner Saturday, January 09, 2010

search_goldenpages_logo.gif

Why the sudden splurge of these types of stories now!

It's not that long ago it was "Houses are cheaper, buy before they jump up again!"
    Are they hoping that with all this NE stuff that we'll forget that they pimped the upward spiral of house prices only three years ago!!!
    Edit: how the Fuc'K can they predict a price rise!!!

/facepalm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Renting FTW. I honestly can't see myself ever buying a house tbh.

Why the sudden splurge of these types of stories now!

It's not that long ago it was "Houses are cheaper, buy before they jump up again!"
    Are they hoping that with all thie NE stuff that we'll forget that they pimped the upward spiral of house priced only three years ago!!! :rolleyes:

By Brian O’Mahony

HOUSE prices are set to rise 7%-10% having fallen up to 40% from their peak, according to a new report.

It also forecasts a strong rally with the share prices of the main banks set to double in value to over €3 in 2010.

These predictions are contained in the "annual surprise list" of Pramit Ghose, managing partner at Bloxham Stockbrokers.

Ghose says that strong private investor interests, who still own about 50% of each bank, will prevent the nationalisation of the two main banks, contradicting the strongly held view in the market that AIB will be majority state-owned some time this year.

He also expects that Irish prime commercial and residential property markets will bottom out in spring/summer of 2010 and then start to recover.

The move will be modest and backed by what Ghose sees as "pent-up demand, attractive yields, renewed international demand and improving mortgage availability". Both markets will end up 7 to 10% with positive momentum going into 2011.

On the currency front he expects the greenback will continue to strengthen, reaching $1.30 against the euro, while gold will retreat to a more modest $900-$950 an ounce from its current level of $1,130.

That dip in gold values well spell the end of investors’ love affair with gold as the global economic environment starts to stabilise, he said. That change will boost investor demand for income producing assets, he said.

Ghose also notes many of his forecasts came in very close to what he had forecast at the beginning of last year.

For 2009, Mr Ghose said the S&P would bottom out in February 2009 with the index reaching 1,100 at some stage over 2009.

"It’s hard now to remember how bearish everyone was at the start of 2009, and that most strategists had been forecasting the S&P would fall below 750," he said.

His added recovery forecasts for this year are coloured by the view that the momentum of new money flows and continuing profits recovery would be offset by "disappointingly modest economic growth".

This story appeared in the printed version of the Irish Examiner Saturday, January 09, 2010

4-powers_300x250_backup.jpg

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/business/kfausnmhaugb/#ixzz0ipV2S76Q
    YES IT WORKS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Hopefully rich Mr Big comes along and rescues Carrie from her "negative equity in the city" hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

When you're young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun. Then, you grow up and learn to be cautious.
    You could break a bone or a heart.
    You look before you leap and sometimes you don't leap at all because there's not always someone there to catch you.
    And in life, there's no safety net.
    When did it stop being fun and start being scary?

james finn wrote: »

By Brian O’Mahony

Don't believe everything you read, or see.

The Irish Examiner has gained serious money from property ads over the last 7 years, their property section was a big money spinner for the paper. Vested interest speaks volumes.

hobbs, hes a pure spoofer. what happened to the eddie hobbs investment scheme, it went bust, he lost people a fortune. sad the irish government listen to him, he has not got a clue, bless him!!

• Advertisement

james finn wrote: »
    hobbs, hes a pure spoofer. what happened to the eddie hobbs investment scheme, it went bust, he lost people a fortune. sad the irish government listen to him, he has not got a clue, bless him!!

And neither does Brian O’Mahony of the Irish Examiner

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement