Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I signed my life away for the sake of city centre apt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

poor girl... 45k for a car park space.. i just painted 2 white lines in my yard for nothing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Possibly, although I don't think it's written well enough to class as an insight.

You can use it as an insight.
    Ah just because I think she's a fool doesn't mean I think I'm incredibly clever. I never said I am, I just didn't make the same obvious mistakes she did.

Well, you were telling us about all your money and the property you are going to buy when YOU think the time is right! :D
    It does sound like she was desperate to get the apartment she wanted

That's my point, it does. The main point being the apartment she wanted. Not just any apartment on the fringes of the greater Dublin area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Jaysus. Whatever about buying the apartment, she must be incredibly stupid to think she can write almost the exact same article twice in the space of 9 months and not get caught out on it. Lazy.

To put it in perspective...I bought in Apr 08.A 4 bed house.Mortgage of 370,000.Tracker mortgage. In north county Dublin, 30mins from the city, near where I grew up. I knew the market was going down, and wanted something long term and I'd say I'm about in 20,000 negative equity.I'm okay with that...not selling for the rest of my life!!!!

While i have sympathy for her, she is the author of her own misfortunes. But the more worrying problem is that she's definitely not the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BongoJuice

I've got a very good job
    Well good for you but just so you know people on here don't give a toss. Why did you feel compelled to add this information to your post? Before you say it was in context it wasn't. You could have just said 'I could have bought a house if I wanted but didn't'. But oh no you had to get a little gloat in for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Lazy vain self obsessed cloud cuckoo morons that don't listen to good advice and have no common sense or work ethic write for the Indo.

Who knew?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Media types, haha, schadenfreude all over the place.
    Not to worry though, she's lucky she's a woman and can suck dick because for every stupid woman in trouble, there's an even stupider rich guy willing to bail her out.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Not to worry though, she's lucky she's a woman and can suck dick because for every stupid woman in trouble, there's an even stupider rich guy willing to bail her out.

lol

pronunciation: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏ̯də]) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

Big time. It's not nice.

she's lucky she's a woman and can suck dick

Men can't? Ah, the naivety. I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

John_Rambo wrote: »
    You can use it as an insight.

Maybe. Just not a good or well-written one. ;)
    Well, you were telling us about all your money and the property you are going to buy when YOU think the time is right! :D

I said nothing about the property I was going to buy. I just said I'd buy when I thought it was the right time. Also I merely added I had savings to counteract all the people on the thread who were saying 'the have nots are just jealous' etc. etc.

That's my point, it does. The main point being the apartment she wanted. Not just any apartment on the fringes of the greater Dublin area.

And my point is that she was so desperate to have it that she completely disregarded all advice in holding off. The apartment wasn't going anywhere, even she knew that the market was going bad but yet foolishly continued and bought it at a ridiculous price.

• Advertisement

BongoJuice wrote: »
    Well good for you but just so you know people on here don't give a toss. Why did you feel compelled to add this information to your post? Before you say it was in context it wasn't. You could have just said 'I could have bought a house if I wanted but didn't'. But oh no you had to get a little gloat in for good measure.

Okay then......... now that we've had our obnoxious interlude let's get back to the thread......

And my point is that she was so desperate to have it that she completely disregarded all advice in holding off. The apartment wasn't going anywhere, even she knew that the market was going bad but yet foolishly continued and bought it at a ridiculous price.

That is what Alison O'Riordan said. The writer of the article. You just came on calling her names.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Jaysus!! :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

Don't hold back....

That is what Alison O'Riordan said. The writer of the article. You just came on calling her names.

I merely said she's a fool. I think the evidence would back that one up. ;)

The moron comment is reserved for her if the sunbed article was by her too.

Okay then......... now that we've had our obnoxious interlude let's get back to the thread......
    How bout answering the question I put to you?

I merely said she's a fool.

Gloating isn't nice.

How bout answering the question I put to you?

If you read back on my response to John_Rambo on the last page of this thread you'll have your answer.

I can't be bothered wasting any more time on you.

Gloating isn't nice.

Oh well. What did she expect people to say about her?

Do you think she made a foolish decision John?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BennyBlanko

sam34 wrote: »
    a fool and their money are easily parted

but it was'nt her money, it was the banks.

AND ITS NOW MINES AND YOURS :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Renting FTW. I honestly can't see myself ever buying a house tbh.

I bought in 2006. The mortgage is less than the going rate for renting. Im sure interest rates will increase and I may end up paying more than the cost of renting in a couple of years, but eventually the place will be mine. Its worth less than what I paid for it but I have no plans of moving in the near future so that doesn't affect me. Buying FTW.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Quit trolling, I won't warn you again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Huge debt hanging over your head for the rest of your career. Negative equity means your investment will not be worth what you paid for it for years, and then only because of inflation. Literally, a noose of debt tying you down to the one place forever regardless of what changes in your life. You generally pay back what, twice what you actually agreed to pay with interest over 20 or 30 years. I wouldn't ever want that kind of misery on my plate tbh.

I can't be bothered wasting any more time on you.
    What's with your dismissive attitude? I just asked you a question.

Do you think she made a foolish decision John?

Maybe, she wouldn't be the first person, I certainly have in the past made foolish decisions. Admiting it is a good thing, but it's typical that she would be lambasted for it, I should have expected the gloating and sneering.

Maybe, she wouldn't be the first person, I certainly have in the past made foolish decisions.

Oh come on now you know the answer to that question isn't maybe. I've made foolish decisions in the past too. However I haven't made any of her calibre yet.
    Admiting it is a good thing, but it's typical that she would be lambasted for it, I should have expected the gloating and sneering.

My problem is that not only has she made the mistake but she's gone on to write two articles about the very same thing. It's a rubbish article and while you may think it's a valuable insight I don't.

My problem is that not only has she made the mistake but she's gone on to write two articles about the very same thing. It's a rubbish article and while you may think it's a valuable insight I don't.

I wouldn't let it bother you too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

lol! are you ten? Trying to get the last word in all the time?

dolliemix wrote: »
    lol! are you ten? Trying to get the last word in all the time?

I'm John Rambo.

I won't lose sleep dude don't worry. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

what a bunch of told you so ***** irish people are turning into

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement