Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I signed my life away for the sake of city centre apt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

John_Rambo wrote: »

As for people predicting how much her apartment will be worth in 2038?

To be fair on this point, i dont think she had any plan to stay there until 2038, more like a few years and then sell for a profit and move up the ladder again. But with the economy going down the ****ter, she ignored all the advice and all the clear warnings and jumped in anyway.

Now in a way i do feel sorry for her, but in the end its a situation she brought on herself and could easily have avoided. And to make it worse she posts this same article twice, as if begging for sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,533 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

FunnyStuff wrote: »
    To be fair on this point, i dont think she had any plan to stay there until 2038, more like a few years and then sell for a profit and move up the ladder again.

She might of, but yeah, I gotcha. The only saving grace (as I said already, but people don't seem to understand what I am getting at) is that she likes the place. I know people who bought in places they didn't like to get a foot on the ladder. They are stuck there now. Bad idea in my opinion, I would rather live in a delapitated house or a shoe box in an area I like than a mansion on an area I didn't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

IF the regulator and the central bank was doing its job , a girl on say 40k, should not be allowed to get a loan of 500k, 4 a 40year mortgage.
    IF interest rate go up to 5 per cent shes gonna be spending 90percent of here
    wages on the mortgage.
    WE are supposed to have regulation to protect us from the banks.THERE are always stupid people out there, who will borrow beyond there means.
    SIMPLY, if you are on 40k, the banks should only be allowed to lend you 200k max, enforced and checked by the regulator.5x your salary.
    IN the usa , if your loan is, 200k, the house value drops to 100k, you can simply drop the keys into the bank.Cancel the loan, you may have a bad credit rating, thats about it.
    SHE should not have been ALLOWED to borrow 500k.
    AND if i was crazy enough to gonna borrow 500k, i,d at least buy a nice house,
    gosh, with a house you get 2 free parking spaces .
    AND stupid people are the ones who need strong regulators most.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I suppose one positive aspect is that she has a city centre apartment that she really likes.

Can you imagine her bitterness if she had bought a 3 bed semi-d in some ghost estate in Carlow with a significant commute every morning..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

John_Rambo wrote: »
    There are five examples of me saying what you say I am reluctant to admit. What's the point in this discussion if you are not obviously not reading any of my posts?

Apologies, what I meant to say is that you don't seem to acknowledge that she was a fool for making the mistake. 'twas late you see.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Can you imagine her bitterness if she had bought a 3 bed semi-d in some ghost estate in Carlow with a significant commute every morning..:eek:

But she didnt need to..for that money she could've bought a four bed semi in drumcondra,one mile from town oor a three bed semi in terenure the same distance out.

The plain fact is that she didnt do any sort of research before borrowing a huge some of money over a huge length of time..it proves the adage that there's a sucker born every minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Degsy wrote: »
    Nah,if she was older she'd have had more sense..i reckon she's early to mid 30's.

she bought the apartment when she was 25, she's now 27.

she bought the apartment when she was 25, she's now 27.

Thanks..that has been cleared up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

did John Rambo register specifically to white knight for this poor damsel in distress?

Do you work for the Indo, John_Rambo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

She must have thought her life was going too well and needed an 'Eastenders' element to put some spark into it.

Dumb bitch

• Advertisement

Nulty wrote: »
    She must have thought her life was going too well and needed an 'Eastenders' element to put some spark into it.

Dumb bitch

Well if your life is going too well,a 500 grand loan from the bank will soon sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Well I'm renting a house I probably couldn't afford for another 50 years.
    Live for the day and all that.
    I've a friend who is actually buying a house later in the month. I think she's insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 aprilfool10

Dumb bitch[/QUOTE

you sound like one of them taxi brain dead drivers with ugly opinions with no good in them, boring, get rid of the bag of spuds on your shoulder ]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

"I signed my life away for the sake of city centre apt...."

Yes.

Yes you did.

Next

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Bill-e wrote: »
    Well I'm renting a house I probably couldn't afford for another 50 years.
    Live for the day and all that.
    I've a friend who is actually buying a house later in the month. I think she's insane!
    Why? Houses are cheap now, do you think she should be holding on for prices to fall further?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I had a aunt who used to say, "There is nothing wrong with that girl, That a good swift kick up the Sh!+e wouldn't sort out!"

Seriously, Just when we thought people had come to their senses and took control of their lives and realised how valuable money is, A kn..head like her comes along and does this..

She said she thought house prices has leveled out, €525k for a two bed is not a leveling of prices..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Is she good looking? She could always open the apartment up as a 1-woman brothel seeing as her journalism career isn't really going anywhere.

LoanShark wrote: »
    I had a aunt who used to say, "There is nothing wrong with that girl, That a good swift kick up the Sh!+e wouldn't sort out!"

Seriously, Just when we thought people had come to their senses and took control of their lives and realised how valuable money is, A kn..head like her comes along and does this..

She said she thought house prices has leveled out, €525k for a two bed is not a leveling of prices..

Great username, considering the subject! ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Nobody talks like that. I'm going to pull a Lie To Me on this - but guarantee you this story is fake. That sentence has the ring of someone imagining their situation not actually experiencing it.

It has the ring of someone who overpaid for a bag of adverbs and is desperately trying to offload them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

That is the worst piece of writing I have ever seen, what the hell is the point of it? Is she trying to make a point here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

I sincerely hope she loses her job!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

ricman wrote: »
    IF the regulator and the central bank was doing its job , a girl on say 40k, should not be allowed to get a loan of 500k, 4 a 40year mortgage.
    IF interest rate go up to 5 per cent shes gonna be spending 90percent of here
    wages on the mortgage.
    WE are supposed to have regulation to protect us from the banks.THERE are always stupid people out there, who will borrow beyond there means.
    SIMPLY, if you are on 40k, the banks should only be allowed to lend you 200k max, enforced and checked by the regulator.5x your salary.
    IN the usa , if your loan is, 200k, the house value drops to 100k, you can simply drop the keys into the bank.Cancel the loan, you may have a bad credit rating, thats about it.
    SHE should not have been ALLOWED to borrow 500k.
    AND if i was crazy enough to gonna borrow 500k, i,d at least buy a nice house,
    gosh, with a house you get 2 free parking spaces .
    AND stupid people are the ones who need strong regulators most.

Are you using some sort of macro that converts all the beginings of your sentences to capitals or is it some sort of gimmick? This is not a newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

In fairness to her, the apartment sounds pretty nice.

Dumb bitch

you sound like one of them taxi brain dead drivers with ugly opinions with no good in them, boring, get rid of the bag of spuds on your shoulder ]

Sorry missus, I knew I wasn't a comedian but I never thought I'd taken seriously.

By the way, you fool, your premature. Or is this evidence of your careful preparation for the biggest day of your year?

ro_chez wrote: »
    I sincerely hope she loses her job!

Well, I hope you're not a samaritan, yes she's screwed up big time.

Maybe bankrupcy is her best escape!

Dumb bitch

you sound like one of them taxi brain dead drivers with ugly opinions with no good in them, boring, get rid of the bag of spuds on your shoulder

I'm really latching on to your perfectly worded comment but "one of them taxi brain dead drivers", that's not a language I'm familiar with. I'm quite the stickler for filtering commentators judged by their ability to string a sentence together. I can tell you, the correlation of 'bad' English and invalid opinions is quite high in my experience.

Thanks for sharing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

ScumLord wrote: »
    Why? Houses are cheap now, do you think she should be holding on for prices to fall further?
    Houses are not cheap now. Just cos a house is less expensive than it was 2 years ago doesn't mean it's cheap.

Of course they will drop further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It has the ring of someone who overpaid for a bag of adverbs and is desperately trying to offload them.

I found the phrase "hindsight is an exact science" a cracker.

I found the phrase "hindsight is an exact science" a cracker.

Agreed..especially in conjunction with talk of "five year plans"...she is as gifted a journalist as she is financially astute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

"but with its sleek Scandinavian furniture and skyline views I was prepared to stretch my cash limits and fork out the €525,000 sum required. "
    Should read "but with its sleek IKEA furniture and to have my head stuck up further in the clouds I was prepared to stretch my cash limits and fork out the €525,000 sum required"
    probably now has the best and most expensive bicycle parking space in Ireland.
    Saying> When you have a yard of dogs, dont run out barking yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement