Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Centrefire rifles look like fantastic fun guns, but you'd need a serious ammo budget. Well, I would anyway. :o At least with single shots and bolt actions my expenditure is limited by how fast I can load it. If the rifle were doing all the work itself... *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Centrefire rifles look like fantastic fun guns, but you'd need a serious ammo budget. Well, I would anyway. :o At least with single shots and bolt actions my expenditure is limited by how fast I can load it. If the rifle were doing all the work itself... *shudder*
    one would be mad to sqeeze off a full mag as quick as you can.... unless one has load of spare barrels up there sleeve.
    The tempation is there..dont get me wrong...
    The beauty of the semi is that if you dont connect with the first you dont have to loose sight of the target(fox) through the scope whist rechambering another round.

I have a good job...ammo isnt an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

dwighet wrote: »
    one would be mad to sqeeze off a full mag as quick as you can.... unless one has load of spare barrels up there sleeve.
    The tempation is there..dont get me wrong...
    The beauty of the semi is that if you dont connect with the first you dont have to loose sight of the target(fox) through the scope whist rechambering another round.

I have a good job...ammo isnt an issue

I'd say also between the blowback action to cycle the next round and the T8 you mentioned sticking up front that recoil will be absolutely negligible too. What's the barrel length, out of curiosity? Would be interesting to see what balance is like with the mod up front, because it doesn't look like a long rifle, should be quite nice.

I'd say also between the blowback action to cycle the next round and the T8 you mentioned sticking up front that recoil will be absolutely negligible too. What's the barrel length, out of curiosity? Would be interesting to see what balance is like with the mod up front, because it doesn't look like a long rifle, should be quite nice.
    the barrel is 22 inches 1in 9 twist...
    I have slipped a t8 over it to see how much gap is in between the gas port and the mod...its around 1.5 to 2 inches...
    So the plan is to get the barrel cut so the t8 meets up with the gas port..1.5 - 2inches is all it should need to be cut...have to talk to j.greene about that though...
    So all the barrel that will be seen forward of the forgrip will be the gas port if you follow my drift..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I think I am getting the hang of this so below there should be links to my Gamo .22 air rifle and my new Lamber 12g. http://img121.imageshack.us/g/004prc.jpg/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

heres my sako 85

DSCF3065.jpg:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Steyr wrote: »
    Hi all, i have an Interest in Shooting, will get a Rifle one day, until then i have the pleasure of using this at the pleasure of The Dept Of Defence.:)

AUG_A1_508mm_04.jpg

Regards
    Dave.
    Ball of Sh--e compared to the FN 7.62

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Ball of Sh--e compared to the FN 7.62

I've got an FN-FAL and an A3 Aug (civvie semis) , the Aug is WAY more accurate, less than 1moa, the FN is more a 2-3 MOA rifle, and having the rear sight on the lower receiver means every time you break open the action to clean or whatever, you change your point of aim/impact relationship
    The FAL is a fine rifle for turning cover into dust though!

heres my L1A1 fal i put together, its got a DSARMS scope mount receiver cover and a russian Dragunov style scope
    3690775813_c4274a9051_b.jpg

Of course, if you want to be really honest, we all know this is the finest rifle ever field by the defense forces

614737583_0a3109dda4_b.jpg[

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Both lovely rifles, Have you ever seen the SMLE jungle carbines?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Both lovely rifles, Have you ever seen the SMLE jungle carbines?

Yep Ive got two no5s
    one legit and one handmade copy from pakistan/khyber pass

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

some old stuff , the bsa is an international mk4 isu made in 1980 and the webley is also coincidently a mk4 target revolver made mid sixties as far as i can tell , both .22 and both would have been commonly used in years gone by .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Mods can this be made a sticky?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Trying to keep number of stickies down lads it gets very cluttered up there eventually

There is a sticky containing all important threads and this is the 3rd one on that list so is always easy to find if you want it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

It used to be a sticky :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

It used to be a sticky :P

It looks to be unstickyered now don't it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

top right- steyr prohunter 6.5x55 & schmit&bender 2.5/10x56 scope.

next, tika t3 tactical 20" .223 t8 mod harris 6-9 bi-pod & swift 3.5/12x56 scope and topped with a clute lite mounted to the scope

next, cz style .22lr, 6/20x50 mildot hawke nighteye scope topped with atom tracer light with amber filter & a sack mod.

last, minstrel o/u 12g shotgun, ammo belt.

accessory inc. red lenser torch, fox caller, deerhunter skinning knife with gut hook, second knife , hawke 8x36 bino's

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

thats a set up anyman would be proud of:cool: well done and happy hunting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭patsat

poulo6.5 where did you get that camo cover for your t3?? Wouldn't mind getting one of them!

patsat wrote: »
    poulo6.5 where did you get that camo cover for your t3?? Wouldn't mind getting one of them!

its called a gun sock, you should be able to pick it up anywhere. €11 is all it cost me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

poulo6.5 wrote: »

next, tika t3 tactical 20" .223 t8 mod harris 6-9 bi-pod & swift 3.5/12x56 scope and topped with a clute lite mounted to the scope

next, cz style .22lr, 6/20x50 mildot hawke nighteye scope topped with atom tracer light with amber filter & a sack mod.

accessory inc. red lenser torch, fox caller, deerhunter skinning knife with gut hook, second knife , hawke 8x36 bino's

Fantastic collection... well done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

I'm jealous:(

[IMG][/img]STA73444.jpg

[IMG][/img]STA73445-1.jpg

[IMG][/img]STA73446.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

STA73444.jpg

lovely rifle, thats a nice stock you have on it

Thanks, yes it is lovely ! ;)

John Greene supplied it :cool:

Thanks, yes it is lovely ! ;)

John Greene supplied it :cool:

thats a smashin setup. did you change the barrel as well.

i had a similer one in my hand up in atlantic shooting & fishing. it was a .17 with a 16" bull barrel and a tidy little mod , very well ballanced setup, i'm impressed

greenpeter wrote: »
    I'm jealous:(

dont be jaelous , just spend every spare penny you have on what you want and then , well you know what they say "much wants more";)

thats a smashin setup. did you change the barrel as well.

i had a similer one in my hand up in atlantic shooting & fishing. it was a .17 with a 16" bull barrel and a tidy little mod , very well ballanced setup, i'm impressed

16" Varmint factory barrel BUT a custom one is in it's future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭andyone

ok guy's.. i bought this CZ 527 last year with the nutmeg laminate stock.... but wanted to make it my own..... i odrered this stock in as an unfinished piece.... so hours of sanding later...... and a couple of coats of gun oil.. oh and lest i forget loads of T.L.C. here she is....

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Well done, a lovely looking job!

• Advertisement

andyone wrote: »
    ok guy's.. i bought this CZ 527 last year with the nutmeg laminate stock.... but wanted to make it my own..... i odrered this stock in as an unfinished piece.... so hours of sanding later...... and a couple of coats of gun oil.. oh and lest i forget loads of T.L.C. here she is....

Very nice mate....You done well...
    Bet it fits like a glove..

Advertisement