Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Thanks Tackleberrywho if i do change over ill let you know!

Coolio, If I buy another rifle I'll prob go AICS, but I can't justify the expense at the mo, and it would have to be pure target as the weight thing is a big consideration.

There are several people offering new.
    Second hand are hard to get.
    I was offered a second hand one before off a dealer but he wanted mad money so I said NOoo THANKS!

There are a fwe places in Ireland offering new.
    To date i have sold my remmy Trigger, Hope to have sold my VSSF II barrel for €200 to a mate to help me finance a new Trueflite barrel.
    I have a lot of expense coming in the next couple of months, Car insurance,Range membership and a family wedding so I am fairly strapped at the mo.

I will buy an AICS one day, I was looking at one last night that the owner has 4 barrels on the licensed for. AFAIK justice are going to make it easier to license different barrels.

So sako Quad and the likes will be one license.
    A fair deal as you can only have one rifle at one time, and on a security point of view you can store barrels desperate so in essence you only have one rifle.

Best of look in the hunt, I was looking a few months back but I decided on a custom barrel as it worked out cheaper for greater increase in accuracy.
    But I would like to add a AICS in the not to distant future to my collection

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Pros great stock
    Con's the price £600~ for a piece of plastic.
    Look at the prices of the top-shelf ISSF stocks sometime if that smarts, it'll cure you right up ;)
    €2100 for a stock???
    System Gemini FR703
    FR703.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sparks wrote: »
    Look at the prices of the top-shelf ISSF stocks sometime if that smarts, it'll cure you right up ;)
    €2100 for a stock???
    System Gemini FR703
    FR703.jpg

Or you can be looking for something a bit esoteric (like a lefty GE600) and have no idea how much it'd cost! :p

Oh, I'd have an idea allright...

scrooge_mcduck1.jpg

€2100 for a stock???
    System Gemini FR703
    FR703.jpg

Not my cup of tea open sights as i have an eye sight issue, hence the reason I use good glass.
    If money was no object I would get an AICS stock with the third leg like on the 50 cal
    I would get a mould taken of my hand dimensions and make it a signature piece ideally suited to me.
    I'm wavering on what calibre it would be.
    But i have to finish this college lark before i can dedicate the time to get my idyllic custom job

But a man can dream!;)

• Advertisement

Well, the Gemini is pure ISSF, but there is a benchrest stock designed for scopes that's about as expensive:

66000_mark_1_br.jpg

The MEC benchrest stock. A snip at only €2,100...

Well, the Gemini is pure ISSF, but there is a benchrest stock designed for scopes that's about as expensive:

66000_mark_1_br.jpg

The MEC benchrest stock. A snip at only €2,100...

I'm trying to get the OSI Model into my head at the moment not benchrest or anything similar!:eek:

System Gemini make stocks for F-Class as well. Joe Melia had one on his 6mm Swiss Match last time I saw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭booom

thought this paintjob was going rather well till i put on a goddam real-tree scope! so much for that.picture.php?albumid=1130&pictureid=6364

picture.php?albumid=1130&pictureid=6365

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭shaft666

Just remembered this thread and thought I'd add my centrefire to it and hopefully get the thread going again (must be someone buying toys still!)

Remington 700 VSSF II in 22-250
    Barrel shortened by 4", screw cut and recrowned
    Timney trigger
    T4 Moderator
    Swarovski 6-24x50 PVI-2 Scope (illuminated dot)
    Harris 9"-13" Swivel bipod
    Awesome foxing rifle
    DSCF7295-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

shaft666 wrote: »
    Just remembered this thread and thought I'd add my centrefire to it and hopefully get the thread going again (must be someone buying toys still!)

Timney trigger
    T4 Moderator
    Awesome foxing rifle
    DSCF7295-1.jpg
    sweeeeeeet!!!

Timney trigger
    T4 Moderator
    Awesome foxing rifle
    DSCF7295-1.jpg

That's a smashing looking rifle. Hell of a backdrop too. About as quintissentially Irish as you can get to my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭shaft666

That's a smashing looking rifle. Hell of a backdrop too. About as quintissentially Irish as you can get to my mind.

Thanks, the backdrop is just above my cottage. It's a real bugger having to get up and look at views like that every morning :D

Thanks, the backdrop is just above my cottage. It's a real bugger having to get up and look at views like that every morning :D

Jaysus, views like that would nearly get me out of bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

Here is my CZ Silhouette .17 HMR with Parker Hale Silencer & RockRidge bipod

i have just put on some "Camo form" camo tape. Not to everyones taste but very effective in the field, no more shiny bits to scare of Grey crows/Magpies.

Also protects the gun and gives it a nice grippy feel. Bought it on Amazon.co.uk

imag00111.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

nice lookin rifle mac...;)

Here's mine...:)
    czkevlar.jpg
    czkevlar1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

Sweet !

I have managed to get within 2 feet of a Grey crow with this camo and matching camo suit on myself.
    The electronic caller was on and they were goin mad to see where it was coming from, he landed on a branch in front of me, nearly on top of the barrel.
    I couldnt shoot him because the bullet would not have had a safe back stop,
    Wished I had of brought the Shotgun instead :rolleyes:

Normally the crows around here flee when ever they see me headin out the back door. Next good day i'm free I'll have a go at them. I also have got a torch from ww.dealextreme.com to try out also.

two feet!!! never mind a shotgun get yourself one of these...:Dpolice20baton.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

18082010038.jpg

Hope this turns out alright.
    Heres mine, Ruger M77 .243 with Zeiss Conquest scope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

slight case of overscoping but i dont give a flying f**k ;)
    my weihrauch 60j in .22 hornet with my new schmidt and bender 4-16x50 scope that i bought secondhand, I tried medium sportsmatch mounts to mount it.
    i tried high mounts first but it was very high off the barrell as can be seen in this pic
    Photo0054.jpg
    here it is with medium mounts
    Photo0059.jpg
    Photo0055.jpg
    Photo0064.jpg
    Photo0063.jpg
    Photo0062.jpg

heres a pic of the no 7 reticle at 4x
    Photo0058.jpg
    and here it is at 16X

Photo0057.jpg

now i just need some time to zero it

Great scope ormondprop. I have the same model, but with the Varmint reticle (dot 8). To be honest I'd prefer the a7 you have there, but it's not too bad either. I got too good a deal on it to pass up, but will switch for something else in the future when I'm doing more work I guess. Very good scope though, you'll enjoy it.

Great scope ormondprop. I have the same model, but with the Varmint reticle (dot 8). To be honest I'd prefer the a7 you have there, but it's not too bad either. I got too good a deal on it to pass up, but will switch for something else in the future when I'm doing more work I guess. Very good scope though, you'll enjoy it.

i was looking out for a while for a schmidt or zeiss and if i was to buy a new schmidt i reckon i would have gone for the no 8 dot reticle or mildot, but this one came at too nice a price to miss out on, few marks on it but glass is perfect have you any pics of your reticle just to see what its like in the flesh as its impossible to judge from the pictures on the schmidt site.
    i was also looking into getting a bdc turret fitted to this and it'll cost about 125 euro so i might do it some stage down the road but i dont really need it at the moment, a mod is top of my list at the moment so hopefully santa will be nice:D

ormondprop wrote: »
    i was looking out for a while for a schmidt or zeiss and if i was to buy a new schmidt i reckon i would have gone for the no 8 dot reticle or mildot, but this one came at too nice a price to miss out on, few marks on it but glass is perfect have you any pics of your reticle just to see what its like in the flesh as its impossible to judge from the pictures on the schmidt site.
    i was also looking into getting a bdc turret fitted to this and it'll cost about 125 euro so i might do it some stage down the road but i dont really need it at the moment, a mod is top of my list at the moment so hopefully santa will be nice:D

Well, if you want a look at it some time with a view to a possible trade I might be on for that. I've no pictures and the lead for the camera's gone missing, but I can tell you that while it's quite fine, the definition is still pretty striking, even in low light. I just wanted something a bit simple and bolder to draw the eye in, as mine is for stalking, rather than varminting, and the no. 7 is just faster and more obvious. I'm also using a very flat calibre, so don't need aiming off points.

i'll see how i get on with this first for a while at the moment it will suit me perfect but if i ever get around to changing up to a .204 i might try organise a meet up as the no.8 might suit me better then for doing some long range varminting although i fancy the thought of fitting the bdc turret and dialing in my shots

ormondprop wrote: »
    i'll see how i get on with this first for a while at the moment it will suit me perfect but if i ever get around to changing up to a .204 i might try organise a meet up as the no.8 might suit me better then for doing some long range varminting although i fancy the thought of fitting the bdc turret and dialing in my shots

No problem. Keep me posted anyway, great find.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cruisedub1

Not strictly hunting but here are some of my collection

Ruger Single Six in .22 magnum

East German police issue Makarov 9 x 18 mm

Ruger p89 de-cocker 9mm

cruisedub1 wrote: »
    Not strictly hunting but here are some of my collection

Ruger Single Six in .22 magnum

East German police issue Makarov 9 x 18 mm

Ruger p89 de-cocker 9mm

some more pictures of my collection,
    Mossberg 12ga. with rifled barrell and Bushnell red dot sight

Swedish Mauser 1942 ,6.5x55

Ruger 10/22

Winchester 1400 mk2 , 12ga semi-auto

F. N. model 49 , 7.92mm Egyptian Army issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Keep rubbing our faces in your good fortune, why don't ya!?:D;)

Nice one. Some very nice equipment indeed. Jealous, moi? Never.:rolleyes::D

:cool:

• Advertisement

cruisedub1 wrote: »
    some more pictures of my collection,
    Mossberg 12ga. with rifled barrell and Bushnell red dot sight

Swedish Mauser 1942 ,6.5x55

Ruger 10/22

Winchester 1400 mk2 , 12ga semi-auto

F. N. model 49 , 7.92mm Egyptian Army issue

Lee Enfield .303 made in Fazakerly England

Husqvarna .270 Winchester made by Husqvarna Waffenfabrik A.B . probably in the early 1950's
    Elevation and lateral adjustment for scope on rifle are the two screw head's you can see under scope .

Advertisement