Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

^ so do you have a list of all the ones which do work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

i would like to know which card i can buy in cork to work with ryan air. where to buy it also how much will it save me. booking flights for family of 4. thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

i would like to know which card i can buy in cork to work with ryan air. where to buy it also how much will it save me. booking flights for family of 4. thank you
    Well i dont know where you can buy it but it will save you €5 per person per one way flight.....(you do the math ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I've been approved for the moneybookers prepaid mastercard. So much more handy as its just linked to my bank account then. Should be arriving soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

will it work on ryan air? and where do you get it please ?

• Advertisement

will it work on ryan air? and where do you get it please ?

its an online account and you just link your bank account to it. I used my UK account to do it...

www.moneybookers.com. Doesn't take long to register but they will ask you for proof of address and a copy of a recent bank statement as verification.

and yeah it works on ryanair, only reason i got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    its an online account and you just link your bank account to it. I used my UK account to do it...

www.moneybookers.com. Doesn't take long to register but they will ask you for proof of address and a copy of a recent bank statement as verification.

and yeah it works on ryanair, only reason i got it.

Cool! What is the loading\annual charge for this card?

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Cool! What is the loading\annual charge for this card?

Cheers,
    M

Directly from their site:

MY MASTERCARD

Expand all
    Manage card - Application
    01 VERIFICATION02 APPLICATION03 CONFIRMATION
    Your application has been approved! You will receive your card and PIN within the next 14 days. Once received you will need to activate your card via this section of the website.
    Benefits
    FAQ
    Fees and limits
    FEES
    Paying in shops, restaurants or online FREE
    Bank transfer top-up FREE
    Receiving cash FREE
    Balance enquiry FREE
    Online statement FREE
    PIN re-issue FREE
    Foreign exchange 1.99%
    Cash withdrawal 1.80 EUR
    Annual card membership 10.00 EUR
    Replacement Card 10.00 EUR

LIMITS PER DAY
    Paying in shops, restaurants or online 1000 EUR
    Cash withdrawal 250 EUR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Ive been using the card a few weeks now and love it.
    I advise anyone who has been looking into these prepaid cards to stop wasting their time, and to cut right to the chase and get the moneybookers one. After approval, I received my card in less than 4 days.

My favourite part about it is that its free to lodge money to your account from laser, and its instant!
    Then immediately you can use the mastercard..
    And of course it works on Ryanair.

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Directly from their site:

MY MASTERCARD

Expand all
    Manage card - Application
    01 VERIFICATION02 APPLICATION03 CONFIRMATION
    Your application has been approved! You will receive your card and PIN within the next 14 days. Once received you will need to activate your card via this section of the website.
    Benefits
    FAQ
    Fees and limits
    FEES
    Paying in shops, restaurants or online FREE
    Bank transfer top-up FREE
    Receiving cash FREE
    Balance enquiry FREE
    Online statement FREE
    PIN re-issue FREE
    Foreign exchange 1.99%
    Cash withdrawal 1.80 EUR
    Annual card membership 10.00 EUR
    Replacement Card 10.00 EUR

LIMITS PER DAY
    Paying in shops, restaurants or online 1000 EUR
    Cash withdrawal 250 EUR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

I ordered a prepaid mastercard there the other day €6, I bought it through the payzone site.

Is there a difference between a moneybrooker mastercard and the one I bought?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Just finished the application for the moneybookers mastercard. Looking forward to getting it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Just finished the application for the moneybookers mastercard. Looking forward to getting it!!
    Me too! Can it be linked to a Paypal account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

anniehoo wrote: »
    Me too! Can it be linked to a Paypal account?

I cant find any mention of it on their website. As far as I know they would be more or less direct competitors so perhaps not!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I want to get a pre paid card and i will only use it for booking flights on Ryanair.What card do people recommend ,what card is the easiest to load money and has the best rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

LFC5Times wrote: »
    I ordered a prepaid mastercard there the other day €6, I bought it through the payzone site.

Is there a difference between a moneybrooker mastercard and the one I bought?

Thanks
    A load more fees on the payzone one I think

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

yabadabado wrote: »
    I want to get a pre paid card and i will only use it for booking flights on Ryanair.What card do people recommend ,what card is the easiest to load money and has the best rates?
    Did you read the last 5 or so posts before your one?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NauP

Also available in Galway Shopping Centre..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

just booked a flight using the prepaid card- got error message and no email confirmation! 33% off offer ends at midnight and there seems to be a problem with the whole ryanair website at the moment. anyone else having problems booking tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but they are currently out of the cards at the jervis ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

1 minute past midnight and the price has gone up from £6 to £20 :mad:

• Advertisement

I purchased the payzone pre paid Mastercard (€6) and received it in the post today.

The charges associated with it are a bit of a joke, see below.

Loading your card

€10 - €350 - Fee - €3.50
    €351 - €500 - Fee - €5.95

Shopping with your card

Online - 2.95% of purchase value
    In-store - 2.95% of purchase value
    Phone - 2.95% of purchase value

ATM Withdrawals - €1.50 per withdrawal

If your account is inactive for over 3 months you will be charged a fee of €3.50 for every month it is inactive

Govt. Stamp Duty - €5 per year charged ar end of December each year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

OH's brother opened an account with Ulster Bank & instead of Laser on his bank card he got Visa that runs out of his account. So obviously no top-up fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

There seems to be conflicting coments on whether these work with Paypal or not. Has anyone tried them with Paypal since?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Redmen Rule OK

Dman001 wrote: »
    There seems to be conflicting coments on whether these work with Paypal or not. Has anyone tried them with Paypal since?

There were problems at the start using these cards on PayPal but they seem to have sorted these out by the middle of January. I used mine loads since then with no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

There were problems at the start using these cards on PayPal but they seem to have sorted these out by the middle of January. I used mine loads since then with no problems at all.

I think hes asking do the prepaid store cards work on paypal, and when I tried they didn't so from personal experience I can say no

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

I purchased the payzone pre paid Mastercard (€6) and received it in the post today.

The charges associated with it are a bit of a joke, see below.

Loading your card

€10 - €350 - Fee - €3.50
    €351 - €500 - Fee - €5.95

Shopping with your card

Online - 2.95% of purchase value
    In-store - 2.95% of purchase value
    Phone - 2.95% of purchase value

ATM Withdrawals - €1.50 per withdrawal

If your account is inactive for over 3 months you will be charged a fee of €3.50 for every month it is inactive

Govt. Stamp Duty - €5 per year charged ar end of December each year.

Sounds like a good business to get into. Out of interest, why did you go with them, they charges are crazy! Did you know the charges before you signed up? Why not Netteller + or just use a PerfectCard from you nearest shopping centre?

yabadabado wrote: »

Netteller + or just use a PerfectCard from you nearest shopping centre**

** Note the PerfectCard's cannot be topped up, but you can get whatever value you want, so just get the value of the flights you want to book and use it all. If you do this make sure the keep the card until after you have completed your trip because if Ryanair decide to cancel your flights (they canceled lots lately) the refund will go back to the card you paid with. Would be a pain in the arse if you had thrown it away because it was empty ;-)

HappyHarry wrote: »
    Sounds like a good business to get into. Out of interest, why did you go with them, they charges are crazy! Did you know the charges before you signed up? Why not Netteller + or just use a PerfectCard from you nearest shopping centre?

No I didn't know the charges before I got it.

Can u get a mastercard via netteller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes.

• Advertisement

Can u get a mastercard via netteller?

Yep, you can get a virtual card for just online purchases or you can get a physical card. There is no charge for the physical card and it is not liable for Irish Gov Levy.

Note that Ryanair do not recognise the the virtual cards as eligible pre-paid mastercards and will apply their usual €5 per flight fee but they do recognise the physical cards and no fee applies.

http://public.neteller.com/content/global/cards_index.htm

Is there a cooling off period for the PayZone card? Can you just cancel and get all of your money back?

Advertisement