Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 26 Packages/travel plans discussion & advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

I'd be more down about missing out on appearing at Wrestlemania rather than missing out on a payday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Avian

Really does suck but heh gonna try and not let it bother me. Will enjoy the thing either way just a bit of wind out of my sail but hey ho...nothing is confirmed yet...we will see Mon.

Also, my ROH tickets came today :D wooooo starts at 8pm on the fri!? rather late time to begin a show?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭the_justin

Avian wrote: »
    Really does suck but heh gonna try and not let it bother me. Will enjoy the thing either way just a bit of wind out of my sail but hey ho...nothing is confirmed yet...we will see Mon.

Also, my ROH tickets came today :D wooooo starts at 8pm on the fri!? rather late time to begin a show?!

Don't worry, you'll be entertained from start to finish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭kwillcox

I hope this year at axxess you can call a match i really want to do that. Has anyone done it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

kwillcox wrote: »
    I hope this year at axxess you can call a match i really want to do that. Has anyone done it before?

they had it last year at mania

as for roh that is the time they start there shows at 8 pm usually,the only time they have a odd start time is the sat shows at mania every year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭The Fly

Yeah I remember calling a match with Taz back in 2003. It was a TLC match, was fun. Still got the tape somewhere but it's american format.

Looking at the list of stuff to do at Axxess there seems to be a lot more than there used to be. I'm going the Sat 1pm one, pretty pleased with CM Punk and Orton. Wasn't expecting any big names so close to HOF.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

I have read @ DGUSA they're doing a fanfest on both friday and saturday, but no times yet.

Initium wrote: »
    I have read @ DGUSA they're doing a fanfest on both friday and saturday, but no times yet.

link please?and who is announced?

on a side note wwe announced a super show here in msg june 19 =)

geesh so many shows to go to after coming back from mania

april raw live a week before backlash

may roh show in nyc

june wwe super show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Haz2311

Backlash is dead :(

• Advertisement

Hope we all enjoy EC tonight! Finally find out what'll be most likely our main events! It'll be interesting! HHH Vs Shamus is a definate I think from what we've seen so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Well Mania is certainly going to be interesting.

Damn must wait until everyone sees Elimination Chamber.

super-rush wrote: »
    Well Mania is certainly going to be interesting.

Damn must wait until everyone sees Elimination Chamber.

Interesting indeed! Full-steam ahead to mania now...nothing but raw and smackdowns between me and mania now! whoooo.

Think if everyone works as hard as they did tonight Mania will be good! thought the Smackdown EC was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Memnoch99

I think the Mania card is pretty much booked after last night.

My thoughts below-dont read if you havent seen EC yet.
    I thought the twist at the end of the RAW EC was decent enough. I thought the SD chamber match was very poor, Punk was eliminated too early and everyone bar Taker looked like they were having an off day. It does lend weight to my theory that anytime Jericho wins a world title the match itself is awful.

No Sheamus v HHH for the title-brilliant :D It does make the match even less appealing now with no title at stake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I know I'm supposed to be off boards.ie at the moment but I just wanted to pop back on and say that I may be changing my trip to Wrestlemania. I still am planning to go, however I am considering coming home a few days earlier. I'm due to fly back on Monday the 5th of April, however I'm considering bringing this forward and flying home on the Thursday or Friday after Wrestlemania itself. So basically reducing my trip to 1 week.

It's not definite yet and I know it probably doesn't affect anyone else on this thread who's going, but I just thought I'd mention it. So my plan currently is to arrive Friday 26th, ROH on Sat 27th, WM on Sun 28th, Raw Mon 29th, Smackdown in Vegas Tues 30th. Relax and do something in Vegas Wed/Thurs and possibly fly home on Friday. I don't have a lot of plans for my time in Vegas so I thinking about cutting that part of it short. There's a small possibility I may be scooting up to Seattle for work related things but that's probably unlikely.

I think I will keep an eye on this thread until WM as there's lots of useful info and it seems to be the place that Brolly announces stuff :D so I best keep an eye on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭LegendKiller_

- Multiple WWE sources are reporting that Vince McMahon has decided to go a different direction with the Bret Hart storyline and WrestleMania. Believe it or not, the plan as of this weekend was for Bret to win the WWE Title at WrestleMania.

Brian Kendrick to appear at DGUSA events in Phoenix. pwinsider

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

This years poster is now available to buy - http://www.wweshop.com/item/wrestlemania-26-poster/newreleases/10-00576

it costs $16.99, pretty sure last years was just $10.

BA staff have voted unanimously this afternoon in favour of strike action. Dates for strikes will be announced tomorrow morning.

BA staff have voted unanimously this afternoon in favour of strike action. Dates for strikes will be announced tomorrow morning.
    That's just frickin' awesome.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Might not be going to WM after all so!

I'm checking prices on other airlines. Can't be too careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bjoern79

Hope no boardies will be affected :(

Cabin crew strike ballot

Unite, the trade union that represents the majority of British Airways (BA) cabin crew, has announced that its strike ballot has closed with a vote in favour of industrial action.
    The outcome of the ballot is very disappointing and brings a renewed threat of industrial action, which is completely unjustified.
    In the weeks before and during the ballot period, Unite claimed that we had breached individual crew members’ contracts by making modest changes to onboard crew numbers on flights from Heathrow. We have always said this claim was false, and it was rejected by the High Court three days ago.
    The vast majority of crew who voted in this ballot will have done so before the High Court decision. We hope Unite will bear this fact in mind as it considers its next steps.
    We believe some progress has been made in recent talks under the auspices of the TUC and we reiterate our wish to resolve the issues between us in the interests of our customers and all our staff.
    However, we will not allow Unite to ruin this company. Should a strike take place, we will do everything we can to protect your travel plans as far as possible.
    We would like to reassure you that all of our flights are continuing to operate as normal at this time.

If strike dates are announced

If strike dates are announced we will put contingency plans in place and communicate them as soon as possible.

You will be able to rebook, free of charge and subject to availability, onto other British Airways flights outside of the strike period for up to 355 days from the original date of travel.

Refunds will only be available if flights are actually cancelled or if the original booking conditions allow.

In the event that cancellations are made due to strike action

You will be able to:
    • Rebook onto another British Airways flight to the same destination within 355 days of the original date of travel
    • Rebook onto another British Airways flight to/from the nearest alternative airport (for example, if booked to/from Boston you could rebook to/from Philadelphia or New York)
    • Cancel your booking and get a refund.
    All rebooking options will be subject to availability.

More detailed information about rebooking options, including specific dates covered by these guidelines will be made available if a strike is announced.

Normal Conditions of Carriage will apply for any flights that are cancelled outside of the strike period.

:(

Brian Kendrick to appear at DGUSA events in Phoenix. pwinsider

yea that have been on the dg usa site for a while now

man ec was worth my 50 bucks i had so much fun watching that ppv and marking out!

now we wait for mania

Ah exactly one month from today I'll be at the Heathrow Terminal 5 Travelodge, relaxing the night before my flight :)

Now let's hope they don't ****ing strike on any of our dates :mad:

Haz2311 wrote: »
    Ah exactly one month from today I'll be at the Heathrow Terminal 5 Travelodge, relaxing the night before my flight :)

Now let's hope they don't ****ing strike on any of our dates :mad:
    Of course they will. :(

Wasn't there a strike planned at Dublin airport around Mania time last year?

Not very stress free for you eh :o

• Advertisement

Thank god i'm booked with US Airways

Advertisement