Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 26 Packages/travel plans discussion & advice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Haz2311

Is it definitely March they're striking? I thought they might target the easter school holidays, which begin March 29th I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Haz2311 wrote: »
    Wasn't there a strike planned at Dublin airport around Mania time last year?

Not very stress free for you eh :o
    The day I was meant to be flying out last year, there was a planned strike at Dublin Airport, thankfully, it did not happen. Let see what happens tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

so will they refund u guys and allow u to book else where?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Haz2311 wrote: »
    Is it definitely March they're striking? I thought they might target the easter school holidays, which begin March 29th I believe.
    super-rush wrote: »
    BA staff have voted unanimously this afternoon in favour of strike action. Dates for strikes will be announced tomorrow morning.

Won't know until tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Avian

Just curious but what was the reason the decision for overturning the strike happened last time? Reckon there are chances of it happening again?

I personally think you guys will be fine...can't see it being the case but IF they announce dates i'd get booking straight away incase the airlines jack up their prices. I was initially going to go with BA but since I wanted to go the day before Continental offered a better price so no worries thankfully but hope it all works out for you folks :-) Sure it will!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

Strike got overturned last time because the ballot included people who didn't even work for them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭kwillcox

did anyone catch on wwe.com yesterday about new wrestlemania gear??? it showed the wrestlemania jersey in the background it was red and white. It Hasn't been listed on wwe shop nor has anything else new so i dont know whats going on there. The link has been taken off the main page so maybe they are having problems, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭The Fly

It's back at the bottom of the main WrestleMania page, also they have added a matches section.

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/feature/29062/13583848

Still cant see items on Shopzone yet, but you get a small pic of a hat/jersey

Oh i'm also on the BA flights from London on Fri 26th... so hope this strike doesn't impact then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

God dame it, I knew this was coming down the road and i bet it will impact on us headin to america with BA.
    My first reaction on reading the news of the strike was

shocked.jpg

Then

shocked.jpg

I feel like opening up one of these on Wille Walsh

whoopass.jpg

and on a side note I came across this :D

7f4a510648697677e4d8f640415bee26.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

How do we know they are announcing the strike dates tomorrow? I was watching the news and stuff and they didn't seem to know when they were going to be announced.

For me anyway, the whole point of my trip is WM. If they screw the flights and I can't make it to WM, there's not a whole lot of point me going at all.

Just heard on channel 5 news they are announcing on Thursday.

I guess I'd have to book last minute elsewhere if they mess it up, and I'd never book with BA again.

super-rush wrote: »
    Thank god i'm booked with US Airways

Are you sure about that ;)

plane%20crash.jpg

I think it's ironic that the current theme song playing in the Wrestlemania promo's goes "I made it". I think that's what all of us booked on BA will say if their strikes don't affect us and we get to Phoenix!

Ooo fancy new Mania site

http://wm26.wwe.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭the_justin

Would anyone be interested in a good floor seat to the HOF? I can get a pair of Floor 5 (almost dead center) row 23 tickets but she won't sell a single, only the pair. She's asking 400, any single goers wanna split and buy the other ticket with me (200 USD) ?

Apparently we are getting money in the bank qualifying matches tonight YAYYYYYY that means it will be at mania. :D hopefully it is true i guess we will find out tonight.

If it is we can all give a sigh of relief;)

What a raw! Might not be much matches going on but getting the groundwork for mania!

I am very VERY happy with the card thus far! two matches made which well...could be either moty candidate.

Lets just hope we get the MITB qualifer beginning this hour! or at least the announcement and i'll be a VERY happy bunny.

OMG MANIA IS GOING TO BE AMAZING..... raw is great so far. For those who havent watched it i wont try and spoil it for you but man Mania is set to be one hell of a show!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bjoern79

Morning all :)

Andrew, if you want to watch UFC111 at the Westgate/Glendale, the AMC Theatre there will show it on big screen in HD :D

Tickets are available here http://www.ncm.com/Fathom/Sports/event/UFC_PierrevsHardy.aspx

2 other AMCs are located in Phoenix, maybe I'm going to skip the DG show, I still can't decide :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Bjoern79 wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Andrew, if you want to watch UFC111 at the Westgate/Glendale, the AMC Theatre there will show it on big screen in HD :D

Tickets are available here http://www.ncm.com/Fathom/Sports/event/UFC_PierrevsHardy.aspx

2 other AMCs are located in Phoenix, maybe I'm going to skip the DG show, I still can't decide :rolleyes:

Ah feck, now I don't know if I'd prefer the ice hockey or UFC!!! Damn it...why couldn't UFC it be on @ 9pm!!!

For those like myself who are booked on BA, I did a quick search there for other flights on the same dates. So far the cheapest quote I got was 840 euro. That's about 450 more than what I paid when I originally booked :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bjoern79

Brolly wrote: »
    Ah feck, now I don't know if I'd prefer the ice hockey or UFC!!! Damn it...why couldn't UFC it be on @ 9pm!!!

Hmmm, maybe we should order the ppv on yahoo sports and watch it on a notebook after the hockey game / DG show in one of our rooms... :confused:

For me i'd go watch DG i'd love to see there sat show if I didn't already have my axxess session bought. Probably going to be a really good show, you'll probably regret going to a theatre to see a show rather than seeing something live! I mean, like was suggested you can always watch after DG -- might not be live but heh does it really matter? I'd much rather get the chance to see good quality LIVE wrestling but just my opinion.

On a side note; Wish they would do this sort of thing in the UK for wrestlemania etc...been looking at that sort of thing perhaps running a show at the cinema but thought i'd never get enough interest in it. Maybe next year when its back to watching it on the tube :-(.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

British Airways said this morning that they would be employing temporary emergency staff in the event of a strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Memnoch99

This is why I hate strikers.................also they have to give 7 days notice before striking, if anyone goes to ba.com and read the more info and FAQ section on it itll shed a bit more light on the situation.

British Airways to resume talks with Unite union

Unions hope that BA will be forced to make concessions after Mondays vote
    British Airways will sit down for fresh talks with the Unite union later to try to avert strike action by cabin crew, the BBC has learnt.

On Monday, BA crew voted overwhelmingly in favour of strike action over pay and working conditions.

Unite's cabin crew arm also said it was meeting its members on Thursday, and that if they did go on strike, they would do so "sooner rather than later".

However, it reiterated that it did not want to declare a strike.

Easter truce

"We have not issued a [strike] date because we don't want [to strike]", said Ken Ablard, spokesperson for the British Airlines Stewards and Stewardesses Association (Bassa), which has 11,000 members.

"Hopefully, with the overwhelming majority voting for action, BA will now listen."

Q&A: BA Dispute
    Mr Ablard said that if the result of the first ballot in December had not been overturned in the courts, the two parties would have reached a resolution by now.

Legally, the union must give a week's notice if it plans to take action - meaning strikes could begin from the first week of March.

Unite has said that its members will not strike over the Easter period.

Cutting costs

On Monday, Unite said that almost 80% of the 11,691 ballot papers it sent out were returned. Of those, 81% (7,482) supported strike action.

Support for the strike was lower than in the earlier void ballot, which had a higher turnout and which saw 92% of those voting backing a strike.

BA is losing money and needs to cut costs to make a profit. It introduced a number of measures last November, including reducing the number of crew on long-haul flights and bringing in a two-year pay freeze from 2010.

It is these measures that have angered BA staff.

On Friday, a High Court judge ruled that BA was within its rights to make the changes to save money.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8530267.stm

They might work it out yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MOSESENERGY

Do you have a link to this update Super-rush? Not that I don't believe you but just need to see it for myself!!

Starting to panic about the BA strike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

As it is getting closer to Wrestlemania and many of the plans which have been made in this thread are probably finalised at this point (Seriously hope BA dont mess everything up for you guys) if there is any details you would like everyone to be able to find easily i can add them to the OP for you all.

Just make a post containing said details and address it to me either here or Via PM and I will (as soon as i can) add it like i did some months back for the list of people who at that time were confirmed as going and how many they each had in their parties.

Similarily if you wish to do an updated list i will add it too but only if you guys make up a list of people to add as i wouldent have the time most likely to continuously check this thread for individual people wanting their names added.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Bjoern79 wrote: »
    Hmmm, maybe we should order the ppv on yahoo sports and watch it on a notebook after the hockey game / DG show in one of our rooms... :confused:

I'd be interested in that!:) (We could use the tv out cable and hook the laptop up to the tv in the Sheraton...32 inch HD tv!!!)

Advertisement