Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 26 Packages/travel plans discussion & advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Brolly wrote: »
    I'd be interested in that!:) (We could use the tv out cable and hook the laptop up to the tv in the Sheraton...32 inch HD tv!!!)

Maybe theres a sports bar nearby or in the hotel thats showin the PPV on sat night. I sure its not much different to when a boxing match is shown on sky box office and showin a pub???, Maybe even we could get onto that irish bar nearby to see if they would be willin to purchases it for the night, Im sure a few of us could chip in a few dollars each to appease the bar owner?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

The Bull wrote: »
    Maybe theres a sports bar nearby or in the hotel thats showin the PPV on sat night. I sure its not much different to when a boxing match is shown on sky box office and showin a pub???, Maybe even we could get onto that irish bar nearby to see if they would be willin to purchases it for the night, Im sure a few of us could chip in a few dollars each to appease the bar owner?

Its the time that its on though...if we buy it online after we have been to all the shows etc on Sat night, we can then watch it online at a time that suits us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bjoern79

I'd be interested in that!:) (We could use the tv out cable and hook the laptop up to the tv in the Sheraton...32 inch HD tv!!!)

You're brilliant!!! :D:D Do you have such a cable Andrew? I normally don't use a laptop, but I just bought an ASUS eeepc for my trip to Vegas ;) Don't know if the graphic chip is fast/good enough to handle HD content... But we should definitely start a UFC 111 party after we come back from the hockey game / the DG show!!! :D

The ppv/internet connection is on me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Avian

dunno if i'd see you guys but i've got said cable :D well try and find someone with a HDMI port on their laptops for a true HD experience. Shame i'm not staying near there as would of got in on this and brought mine (has a HDMI port).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Memnoch99 wrote: »
    This is why I hate strikers.................also they have to give 7 days notice before striking, if anyone goes to ba.com and read the more info and FAQ section on it itll shed a bit more light on the situation.
    It was on Sky News this morning. I'll try get a link.
    Its the time that its on though...if we buy it online after we have been to all the shows etc on Sat night, we can then watch it online at a time that suits us.

If you need a cable i have plenty of them. Is it SVHS out on the laptop?

• Advertisement

super-rush wrote: »
    If you need a cable i have plenty of them. Is it SVHS out on the laptop?

Generally speaking you'll be fine with just either a VGA cable or ideally HDMI cable. With a VGA you'd need a seperate audio cable for the sound to travel whereas HDMI is capable of passing audio through.

So, if you have a PC at home it'll likely have a VGA cable so just rip that out and heypresto :D. Though if anyone has a HDMI port on a laptop you can get a HDMI cable cheap as chips! talking 2-4 pounds!

Avian wrote: »
    Generally speaking you'll be fine with just either a VGA cable or ideally HDMI cable. With a VGA you'd need a seperate audio cable for the sound to travel whereas HDMI is capable of passing audio through.

So, if you have a PC at home it'll likely have a VGA cable so just rip that out and heypresto :D. Though if anyone has a HDMI port on a laptop you can get a HDMI cable cheap as chips! talking 2-4 pounds!

One of my laptops has SVHS out and VGA out and the other has HDMI only

96066775C8D34519BF4952A1F0A3FDC5.jpg

It depends on how old the laptop is

super-rush wrote: »
    One of my laptops has SVHS out and VGA out and the other has HDMI only

96066775C8D34519BF4952A1F0A3FDC5.jpg

It depends on how old the laptop is

Right you are buddy. Not ever used SVHS so no real experience so couldn't comment. Just know ideally from what I have used HDMI is preferable.

Hopefully the hotels have decent enough connection! Anyone else going to the Grand Canyon? I really! REALLY wanted to fit it in but doubt there will be any time in the week now.

Avian wrote: »
    Right you are buddy. Not ever used SVHS so no real experience so couldn't comment. Just know ideally from what I have used HDMI is preferable.

Hopefully the hotels have decent enough connection! Anyone else going to the Grand Canyon? I really! REALLY wanted to fit it in but doubt there will be any time in the week now.

SVHS is a step up from VGA and HDMI is a step up from SVHS

We're going to the canyon on the Thursday

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Bjoern79 wrote: »
    You're brilliant!!! :D:D Do you have such a cable Andrew? I normally don't use a laptop, but I just bought an ASUS eeepc for my trip to Vegas ;) Don't know if the graphic chip is fast/good enough to handle HD content... But we should definitely start a UFC 111 party after we come back from the hockey game / the DG show!!! :D

I'd say I could get a cable sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭LegendKiller_

finally booked me flights lol

Dublin-Heathhrow
    Heathrow-Chicago
    Chicgago-Phoenix

& vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Raw was indeed good. I won't say anything that happened on it, other than to say I wish it was as good every week.

The Fly wrote: »
    Just heard on channel 5 news they are announcing on Thursday.

I guess I'd have to book last minute elsewhere if they mess it up, and I'd never book with BA again.

Another update on the BA suitation, looks like they wont be announceing any strike dates on thursday,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/7301161/British-Airways-strike-no-dates-to-be-announced.html
    There had been an expectation that Unite, the cabin crew union, would announce on Thursday details of when and for how long workers would strike. Members of the union voted 81 per cent in favour of walkout on Monday, triggering the likelihood of the first strike by the cabin crew for over a decade.

However, a spokesman for the union, said they would not announce any strike dates while it was negotiating with the management of BA.

Negotiations are certainly ongoing. We do not want to create any sense that we are not serious about negotiating. And announcing strike dates would do that. We would only announce strike dates when all other options have been exhausted," a spokesman.

While travel experts applauded Unite's willingness to talk to BA – talks took place thought Tuesday at the TUC headquarters in London – they said it was frustrating for customers to be kept in the dark.

Bob Atkinson at TravelSupermarket, said: "Customers need to know ASAP about what is going on. If you were cynical, you'd say that the union is playing with customers' travel plans. Every day that this goes on, there is less availability on alternative flights and prices will go up.

"Unite need to make a decision and stop messing people about."

The union has, under industrial relations law, 28 days between the ballot being announced and starting the strike. It also has to give seven days' notice to the company before starting its walk out.

British Airways confirmed that talks were continuing in London. A spokesman said: "Progress is being made during recent talks. We remain very keen to resolve the issues between Unite and British Airways for the sake of our customers and all our staff."

He added that customers, who were concerned about their flights, should check the BA.com website regularly.

The dispute revolves around BA's decision to reduce the number of staff on long-haul from 15 to 14, by forcing the cabin service directors – the most senior crew – to no longer just oversee the staff, but to start serving meals and drinks as well.

BA argues the average take-home pay of a cabin service director on a long-haul flight is £56,325, making them some of the best paid staff in the industry and that it has a crippling pension deficit to contend with.

Staff have also been forced to accept a pay freeze this year. The union failed to persuade the High Court that the change in their conditions were a breach of contract.

Francesca Ecsery, the UK general manager of CheapFlights.com, said the uncertainty would put customers off "the brilliant brand".

"At the moment, if you've got a choice of airlines, you could well take the one which is not BA. And this will be very frustrating for those that have already booked flights," she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭the_justin

You might be able to run a 720p MKV/WMV but 1080p is out of the question on an EEEPC.

As far as everyone talking cables, unless its a digital connect (HDMI/DVI), it's going to look like utter crap on a digital/hdtv.

The majority of the newer LCD HDTV's don't even have S-Video inputs on them anymore so that's something to be aware of. Most new laptops will have either an HDMI or a DVI port and this is what you'll want to use. If you have DVI you can get a DVI > HDMI cable and then either just use the laptop for audio or audio out (which is another set of cables you'll need without HDMI - DVI and HDMI are essentially the same pinout spec, just that DVI does not pass along audio data). You will not get a 720p/1080p signal on any cable except DVI/HDMI.

Right now my current primary display is a 46" Sony XBR 1080p HDTV connected to my PC via DVI-HDMI @1920x1080p and it produces an exact 1:1 pixel mapping and has the exact same clarity as a traditional smaller LCD monitor. The same PC connected via analog inputs (whether component or RCA composite looks like absolute crap).

I say this just so if you are prepared in doing such a thing you have the proper cable else you will probably be sorely disappointed when you initially hook it up. If you need any cables for stuff like this Monoprice.com is where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭The Fly

Without posting any spoilers, the Mania card is looking really exciting thus far. An excellent Raw, hope the momentum keeps up.

As for the HOF, I'm hoping they throw in another biggish name or two nearer the time? In the past they've pretty much announced them in order of star power but hoping that's not the case this year after past two names...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Haz2311

They need to save all the big names now for future years, they're starting to wear a bit thin. With the show sold out I'm sure the names will just get lesser and lesser now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Benjo™

The Fly wrote: »
    Without posting any spoilers, the Mania card is looking really exciting thus far. An excellent Raw, hope the momentum keeps up.

Agreed, I'm loving the card so far.

I was wondering what everyone is planning to wear to HOF?

I'm still not sure since hearing about wearing a formal outfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MOSESENERGY

Benjo™ wrote: »
    Agreed, I'm loving the card so far.

I was wondering what everyone is planning to wear to HOF?

I'm still not sure since hearing about wearing a formal outfit.

I'm going to be wearing formal attire, it will be one hot sweaty day in my suit with ROH, HOF and DG!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I got Axxess before & After the HOF, so I definetly won't be dressing up for it.

777 hours to go now, Flyin on a BA 777 (subject to strike been called off), ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Memnoch99

Might wear jeans/boots and a short sleeve shirt, that way Ill be comfortable at Axxess.

No formal attire here, we were very formal in Orlando, suit pants and shirt and shoes , (no tie or jacket) then jeans and a shirt in Texas and it was a waste of time on both occasions, no dress code was enforced so there was guys there in wrestling tshirts and dressed as wrestlers etc.

Only thing is will they be stricter this year at a theatre?

I like the idea of wearing a suit, hate to think what my partner in crime will be wearing. He's a bit weird when it comes to fashion sense. I can see him in his waist coat and trillby with probably a bow tie to finish his look off!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Haz2311

You've paid for your ticket and there is no word of a dress code on ticketmaster/printed on the ticket, so you're fine. The only guys who say it's a dress code is WWE to the package holders to try and encourage more formal attire, but it's by no means necessary.

I won't be bothering this year. I did last year and it was pretty pointless. If I was sitting right near the wrestlers I might but otherwise, no.

Don't know if this will interest any of you but Paul McCartney is playing at the Jobing Arena on the same night as Wrestlemania starting at 7.30. Mania will probably finish at 8. I don't know how close the Stadium is to the Jobing Arena. Not really into the Beatles or McCartney myself but thought I would let you guys know in case any of you are big Beatles fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

I disagree with all forms of formality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bjoern79

The Bull wrote: »
    777 hours to go now, Flyin on a BA 777 (subject to strike been called off), ;)

Isn't it a 747?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Don't know if this will interest any of you but Paul McCartney is playing at the Jobing Arena on the same night as Wrestlemania starting at 7.30. Mania will probably finish at 8. I don't know how close the Stadium is to the Jobing Arena. Not really into the Beatles or McCartney myself but thought I would let you guys know in case any of you are big Beatles fans.

saw PMC in december, great gig. the jobing arena is next door to stadium

Isn't it a 747?

No a 777 London to Vegas

173506665_49e4631317_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

I'm going to be wearing formal attire, it will be one hot sweaty day in my suit with ROH, HOF and DG!!

same here but i won't be dressing up ill be going to all the shows to and want to be comfy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

Source: PWInsider

The original plan for the 2010 WWE Hall of Fame was to make former WWF Champion The Ultimate Warrior this year's marquee inductee. After Warrior and WWE settled a lawsuit several months ago, the two sides began discussing Warrior being part of the Hall of Fame this year.

According to a source, Warrior initially agreed to be inducted into the Hall of Fame but he made the decision last week to change his mind and reject the offer. It's believed that Stu Hart will be announced as the next inductee on RAW next week and he will likely be this year's featured inductee.

Advertisement