Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 26 Packages/travel plans discussion & advice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭the_justin

Brolly wrote: »
    Phoenix does seem like a nice place. Houston was crap...in some places, they didn't even realise Mania was on!

I would actually be inclined to think the latter. Downtown Houston was beautiful, what hotel were you staying at? Phoenix seems it will be more of a dry desert-esque environment rather than the metropolitan hustle and bustle of Houston.

As far as not everyone being aware of Mania, that's bound to happen. Especially in a place like Houston where everything is (literally) so big and there's so much going on. The taxi driver both to and from Wrestlemania asked if I was going to see either a rodeo or a football event. I was like, rodeo :confused:. Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

Any decent things to do near the hotel this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bjoern79

the_justin wrote: »
    I would actually be inclined to think the latter. Downtown Houston was beautiful, what hotel were you staying at? Phoenix seems it will be more of a dry desert-esque environment rather than the metropolitan hustle and bustle of Houston.

As far as not everyone being aware of Mania, that's bound to happen. Especially in a place like Houston where everything is (literally) so big and there's so much going on. The taxi driver both to and from Wrestlemania asked if I was going to see either a rodeo or a football event. I was like, rodeo :confused:. Heh.

Yup, liked downtown houston as well... we stayed at Hotel Icon, pretty nice :)

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

The buildings looked good in Houston, but there was feck all to do and nowhere (apart from a good Mexican place) to eat. I like the look of Phoenix. Its got a good bit to do in Downtown (shops etc beside our hotel) and theres the entertainment complex etc in Glendale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Just postin via my phone to see if its possible. Might be able to post at wm after all if theres wifi in the stadium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

houston was nice i am not sure how some people did not know mania was going on seeing as the first thing i seen when i came out the airport was a cement STAR ON THE FLOOR WITH THE MANIA 25 LOGO,no matter where i went i seen fans with wrestling shirts on,went to breakfast wrestling fans,half way point from atl to houston before mania wrestling fans,dinner wrestling fans,hotel wrestling fans,it was nuts i never seen so many wrestling fans outside a live event in my life.

i was staying in the hilton downtown houston

Another phone test promise this is the last one. just want to check can i upload a pic from my phone. christmas maryse mmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Bull wrote: »
    Another phone test promise this is the last one. just want to check can i upload a pic from my phone. christmas maryse mmmmmm
    Feel free to keep testing, using Maryse pictures!

The Bull wrote: »
    Just postin via my phone to see if its possible. Might be able to post at wm after all if theres wifi in the stadium

What kind of phone do you have? Just about any data phone should be able to post a pic (without wifi).

Off Topic but worth mentioning

The March 8 (TNA-Impact) show will see Hulk Hogan stepping into the ring as he teams with Abyss to face off against AJ Styles and Ric Flair

Credit: Wrestling Observer

Wow, just...... Wow :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Avian

Off Topic but worth mentioning

The March 8 (TNA-Impact) show will see Hulk Hogan stepping into the ring as he teams with Abyss to face off against AJ Styles and Ric Flair

Credit: Wrestling Observer

Wow, just...... Wow :eek:

Think that'll be an interesting night...with this and i'm sure more planned for TNA and WWE on their 3 weeks to mania countdown I expect a big show from WWE also.

I for one won't be ditching a WWE Raw 3 weeks to mania purely cause of my mania investment and interest but certainly will be watching it later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Memnoch99

Thats some awful looking TNA match right there.

Im planning on bringing a fair bit of cash with me, we will be there from tuesday to tuesday so will probably need a bit extra than last year. This year my buddy has a car arranged so will not be spending as much on taxis and Im going to actually budget on merchandise this year. Meaning Im not bringing back any tshirts for anyone this year besides me. :)

What kind of phone do you have? Just about any data phone should be able to post a pic (without wifi).

Just the wifi is faster and using opera mini brouser you can work with the full website not a mobile only one

For those going to the dg usa sat,tommy dreamer was announced yesterday and will be wrestling.it is on the dg usa tv

February 17th: DGUSA is about to get hardcore!!! "The Innovator Of Violence" Tommy Dreamer will wrestle on Dragon Gate USA's March 27th "Mercury Rising" event in Phoenix. We'll have news on his opponent soon. Dreamer will also be available for autographs. Meet Tommy Dreamer and see DGUSA get extreme in Phoenix. Tickets are now on sale in the DGUSA.tv Store or by calling 267-519-9744. Get the "Independent Tour De Force Vol. 1" DVD for FREE with every Phoenix ticket order until Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

I need a photo with Tommy Dreamer :) And about Phoenix I've been searching about what to do in my "wrestling free time" and seems there are several theme parks around there, a nice zoo... I can't wait to being there!
    Any news on travel packages shipping? They said they were sending them On march 1st week but I hope they do it before, I can't wait to see what tickets I got!

he was down here for evolve and i did not get a pic/autograph with him for phoneix i will def have him give me a autograph in my wwe encyclopedia book and sign my one night stand 1 ticket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭y2jdogg

WWE.com updated information for Axxess, including confirmation that parts of SmackDown will be taped on the Thursday:

- SmackDown confirmed for Thursday:
    "On Thursday night be part of a special taping at WrestleMania Axxess to air the following night on SmackDown…and you may be on TV!"

Axxess Superstar Schedule (Scheduled to change of course):
    -> Thursday, March 25 at 6 p.m. MST features John Cena
    -> Friday, March 26 at 6 p.m. MST features The Undertaker and Edge
    -> Saturday, March 27 at 8 a.m. MST features Rey Mysterio and Sheamus
    -> Saturday, March 27 at 1 p.m. MST features Randy Orton and CM Punk
    -> Saturday, March 27 at 7:30 p.m. MST features Kane and John Morrison
    -> Sunday, March 28 at 8 a.m. MST features Big Show and Chris Jericho

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/13527614/
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/12291378/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

If I can meet Kane @ Axxess, this trip will all be worth it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭steveharley

Cant beleive im going to miss the undertaker on friday night! if i thought he was going to be out of character then i would be tempted to skip ring of honor and got to the saturday show instead.

Shame theres no diva station this year but im assuming the superstar snapshots is going to be along the same lines as that

• Advertisement

If I can meet Kane @ Axxess, this trip will all be worth it. :)

Likewise with me and Edge, Id settle for a high five at ringside with him at this stage.

Word of warning though for anyone regarding axxess, last year they announced something similar and changed quite a bit. Also the main stars advertised werent doing autographs, they were just Q and A sessions in the ring.

Memnoch99 wrote: »
    Likewise with me and Edge, Id settle for a high five at ringside with him at this stage.

Word of warning though for anyone regarding axxess, last year they announced something similar and changed quite a bit. Also the main stars advertised werent doing autographs, they were just Q and A sessions in the ring.
    A high 5 with Kane will not suffice for me. I'm gonna bring my Kane mask over, hopefully get that signed, & if theres time, go around again & get my jersey signed.:)

A high 5 with Kane will not suffice for me. I'm gonna bring my Kane mask over, hopefully get that signed, & if theres time, go around again & get my jersey signed.:)

Ill take anything to be honest :) been so close to meeting Edge twice (well once really in Orlando but we got the other room with Show and Henry :(-I assumed he was doing autographs last year and not a Q and A and was all hyped to meet him) that Ive resigned myself to nothing this year and at least that way anything is a bonus! :)

I've never been close to meeting Kane. Not leaving Phoenix without his signature.

Hope it works out for you, are you heading to the HoF Kane-n-Nite?

Am indeed, gonna leg it over to Axxess after. Not gonna miss my chance to meet Kane. :)

Might not be the worse idea to leave the HOF early, not every at that axxess show will be at the HoF so there will some queues by the time we get there from the HoF, what a stupid idea from WWE to give us that session time.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm 99.9% sure that you will only be happy with a chokeslam :pac:

On a seperate note, I was thinking we maybe shouldn't discuss Raw and Smackdown results etc on this thread? I'm pretty sure I've been guilty of it myself from time to time though to be honest :o. But I've seen the occasional spoiler for Raw and stuff. I usually watch/tape Raw on the Thursday night here in Ireland so it's good to go into it fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beasly213

I'm sure this has already been said but does anyone know what the hotels will be for those who bought the Mania 26 travel packages from WWE?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement

Yes it has, but here they are again.

* The Biltmore Hotel Will Host The Platinum Group.

* The Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort Will Host The Gold Group.

* The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort Will Host The Silver Group.

Advertisement