Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 26 Packages/travel plans discussion & advice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Haz2311

- The stage will be 120 feet wide and will be elevated 8 feet above the ground. The entrance ramp and various parts of the set will be surrounded by “cauldrons of fire” that will burn high or low, depending on what the action in the ring calls for. Each cauldron burns at about 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

I'm gonna burn to a crisp where I'm sitting :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Avian

Haz2311 wrote: »
    - The stage will be 120 feet wide and will be elevated 8 feet above the ground. The entrance ramp and various parts of the set will be surrounded by “cauldrons of fire” that will burn high or low, depending on what the action in the ring calls for. Each cauldron burns at about 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

I'm gonna burn to a crisp where I'm sitting :o

Haha with the stadium off and what will presumably heat the stadium up already and this...I am fearing that its gonna be 4 hours in an oven :P. BRING ON THE HEAT! Either way sounds freakin' awesome from entrances like Kane or Taker :D.

Also, it looks like its a new ramp? not sure how in-depth the mock up's are but doesn't look like the one they've been using since 23? Could be wrong but certainly sounds new :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭kwillcox

I just watched wm 23 it's actually an underrated mania its actually not that bad. I loved the pyro at the start and cena's entrance with the car going through the glass was nice.

One of my all time favorites is wm 22 i mean edge with lita vs foley ... amazing... money in the bank.... trish vs mickie...... rey vs orton vs kurt.... just a great mania. WM 18 was another great show.

wm 25 on the other hand lol well im not even going to put myself through watching that again. OK it wasn't horrible but it's mania .... they didnt do anything special. Thank god for taker vs hbk or that mania would have been a total let down even more.

Anyway im totally getting pumped for mania!!!!!!!!!! im bringing 2 camera's and as much memory cards as possible lol

Well what a overall terrible Raw...just honestly felt like they were TRYING to waste time till EC. I mean, there was the occasional hint at mania stuff but I think once EC is over we will get into the meat of the build-up for mania. I expect matches and the storylines to be flowing thick and fast from now on.

Little disapointed we didn't have a truely new announcement for HoF :-( but guess they had to offically announce it over here. So, least next week things will pick up and the weekly countdown to mania begins!

Right..bed time...good thing my first lecture is a 2 tomorrow :-).

Quick one guys, after looking for the wallpaper I found that WWE had actually released there offical wallpapers:

So folks, lets get decorating :D.

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/wallpapers/wrestlemania26.html

Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Personally, I don't tend to drink very much at these things, if anything. When I went to Raw and SD at the O2 in November, I didn't drink anything. Not even water. I suppose I don't want to be running to the toilet every 5 minutes. However I guess Mania is a long enough show, so I suppose I'll have to eat something and have a few sips of water to tied me over.

I do drink alcohol but I'm 99.9% sure I won't drink anything until after Mania is over and I'm back at the hotel. Or perhaps until I get to Vegas.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

I wish I didn't go to bed so early last night...some of the random sh!t discussed here was brilliant. Some guy needs emotional + other help, Haz is our new saviour, Mr Rush & the bad Gerry are a bunch of alco's getting jiggy with the computer screen & EdK is about to murder radedK in a bungalow!!! Or maybe I read too much into these things!!!

On a side note, I will take individual drink orders for the suite - separate from the group stuff. Just email me with the list and I will get back to you with the total price inc taxes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭the_justin

Brolly wrote: »
    On a side note, I will take individual drink orders for the suite - separate from the group stuff. Just email me with the list and I will get back to you with the total price inc taxes etc.

ALCOHOL PIMP! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Memnoch99

For those going to Phoenix only how much spending money are you planning on bringing?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

I´m planning around $3000 or $4000, but I´m going iwht my wife and kid. and I´ll be in the US since march 19th till april 5th... Not as much for 3 people and 18 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Personally, I don't tend to drink very much at these things, if anything. When I went to Raw and SD at the O2 in November, I didn't drink anything. Not even water. I suppose I don't want to be running to the toilet every 5 minutes. However I guess Mania is a long enough show, so I suppose I'll have to eat something and have a few sips of water to tied me over.

I do drink alcohol but I'm 99.9% sure I won't drink anything until after Mania is over and I'm back at the hotel. Or perhaps until I get to Vegas.

We are the same as grandmaster and prob wont bother with any drink on WM sunday, prob have a few when we get back to the pub after mania. I dont think theres any magners or cider on the beer list any way, so will prob just go with some sodas!

40 days and 40 nights till WM. We will be like Elijah and Moses in the Old Testament who fasted 40 days and nights, Then gorge out on suite Pizzas, LOL

On a side note brolly, is there wifi available in that suite and would we be allowed to bring a laptop or two into the suite with us, it would be cool to post a few comments from the suite during the show, just to give the guys back home a feeling thats there closer to the event.

The Bull wrote: »
    We are the same as grandmaster and prob wont bother with any drink on WM sunday, prob have a few when we get back to the pub after mania. I dont think theres any magners or cider on the beer list any way, so will prob just go with some sodas!

40 days and 40 nights till WM. We will be like Elijah and Moses in the Old Testament who fasted 40 days and nights, Then gorge out on suite Pizzas, LOL

On a side note brolly, is there wifi available in that suite and would we be allowed to bring a laptop or two into the suite with us, it would be cool to post a few comments from the suite during the show, just to give the guys back home a feeling thats there closer to the event.

I will get that confirmed for you Bull. I'd imagine it is not allowed in case people could be recording the event and streaming it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just in case anyone is concerned, i don't plan on getting plastered at Mania but i know a six pack wouldn't last me more than 3 hours. I'm probably going to be one of the oldest people in the suite(28) so common sense will prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Do we need to chip in for a bouncer too?:D

There's going to be a whole locker room of bouncers there.

super-rush wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is concerned, i don't plan on getting plastered at Mania but i know a six pack wouldn't last me more than 3 hours. I'm probably going to be one of the oldest people in the suite(28) so common sense will prevail.

Hey young fella we have you trumped in the age stakes my mate is 32 and of course myself is 33 so we will prob be the eldest in the suite:eek:

The Bull wrote: »
    Hey young fella we have you trumped in the age stakes my mate is 32 and of course mysel is 33 so we will prob be the eldest in the suite:eek:

Holy sh1te.

Super, i'm away to start practicing my drinking so ;)

I didn't want to say anything but Gerrybbadd is 68 :pac::pac:

Holy sh1te.

Super, i'm away to start practicing my drinking so ;)

I didn't want to say anything but Gerrybbadd is 68 :pac::pac:

Dont worry we will keep an eye on ya if u get s*i*faced and we will keep an eye on your grand pappie Gerry as well ;)

Thanks man, you're a star. Why is it taking so long to come around? I need some sun lounging time.

Thanks man, you're a star. Why is it taking so long to come around? I need some sun lounging time.

Good news everbody!

I just got an email from Samuel Moore, You know good old Samuel;)
    JH&W Consults Inc
    233 Regent Street
    Mayfair, London, W1B 2E,
    United Kingdom
    Tel:(+44)-7035988343

ATTN:

YOUR INHERITANCE FUNDS OF $12 MILLION

I am aware that this is an unconventional way of relaying an important message such as this.
    I am an associate partner in the firm of JH&W Consults Inc, in London, United Kingdom; we are a Private Investigators, Security Consultants and Financial Managers. We are conducting a standard process investigation/Recommendation on behalf of the Natwest Bank United Kingdom
    thus will be referred to as our clients. This investigation is about an account holder (Name Withheld) who bears same surname with you and the circumstances surrounding his investments at the
    Natwest Bank. The client (deceased) died intestate and nominated no successor in title over his investments made at the Bank amounting to over $12,000,000.00 USD.

The essence of this communication with you is to request that you provide us information/comments on any or all of the four issues as regards nominating you to inherit the fund left behind by this client.

Your answers and response(s) to the questions raised below will determine our recommendation to the Natwest Bank towards legally appointing you to inherit this investment fund after certified investigation has yielded results showing that there is no known relation of the deceased client.

1-Can you confirm your willingness to accept this inheritance if you are legally and legitimately appointed.

2-Would you agree to donate part of this inheritance to charity if you are officially approved to stand as the
    inheritor?

It is pertinent that you inform us ASAP whether or not you are familiar with this personality or and your interest towards the issues mentioned. You must appreciate that we are constrained from providing you with more detailed information at this point. We will provide you with additional information upon receipt of your response.

Yours Sincerely,
    Mr. Samuel Moore.

Look like the first beer wont be on me in the suite, Super unless i can remember my surname, Years of beer damage have rendered me unable to remember my surname, perhaps I could try Bull,
    Oh well easy come easy go! :pac:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

Memnoch99 wrote: »
    For those going to Phoenix only how much spending money are you planning on bringing?

500 bucks other than the mania shirt i spend no money when i go to mania,all my money goes on food/drinks out there

last year i spent a bit due to booker t fan fest

Rud3Bwoy wrote: »
    500 bucks other than the mania shirt i spend no money when i go to mania,all my money goes on food/drinks out there

Ah thats good...was planning on taking about 2,000 dollars. Only plan on spending like 500-700 max there and the rest in Orlando! think I will need alot going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

I spent $30 in Houston last year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

killyourtv wrote: »
    I spent $30 in Houston last year

thats you outside the stadium, isn't it??

new-york-homeless.jpg

Rud3Bwoy wrote: »

rossie1977 wrote: »
    thats you outside the stadium, isn't it??

new-york-homeless.jpg

Haha! :D. Seriously, you should be given an award for spending that little! Did you not eat?! I can barely go a week without spending £30 at home! Let alone on holiday!

In fairness, it was very easy not to spend money in Houston; the main reason being that there were no shops! And when you eventually found a sh!tty shop or cafe, it was closed!!!

Brolly wrote: »
    In fairness, it was very easy not to spend money in Houston; the main reason being that there were no shops! And when you eventually found a sh!tty shop or cafe, it was closed!!!

Trust me Brolly unfortunately I have ways and means for spending :-( I managed to spend like 300 pounds on calls on my last holiday!!! what a joke that was! Never calling long distance to a mobile again :P. Certainly not from a hotel phone at least!!!

Heh, hopefully Phoenix will be a bit more active, heard that there wasn't as much wrestlemania buzz in the air - mainly due to all the events being held mainly at reliant park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 ratedk

Memnoch99 wrote: »

We are staying for a week and I always bring about 2000 as a rule of thumb perhaps a little excessive for one person but it's just in case I see something or something happens there is plenty of money to fall back on and you can always change it back when you come back or keep it for next time hehe:D;)

Avian wrote: »
    Heh, hopefully Phoenix will be a bit more active, heard that there wasn't as much wrestlemania buzz in the air - mainly due to all the events being held mainly at reliant park?

Phoenix does seem like a nice place. Houston was crap...in some places, they didn't even realise Mania was on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bjoern79

Avian wrote: »
    Trust me Brolly unfortunately I have ways and means for spending :-( I managed to spend like 300 pounds on calls on my last holiday!!! what a joke that was! Never calling long distance to a mobile again :P. Certainly not from a hotel phone at least!!!

On a side note, I use a Tuyo prepaid card on all my trips to the US for a while now, pretty happy with it. I got it from ebay for under $5 incl shipping to Germany. I'm on the rate 10 plan, 10ct per call + 10ct per minute to Germany, 10ct for txts as well.

Advertisement