Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl XLIV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Any news on Freeney yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The closer we get to the game, the more i feel the Colts will win and win easily :(

Im hoping for a close underdog victory

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Lads will BBC or Sky have the half-time show ?

and who is playing apart from the who ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Right don't think I'll be on this again till after the game! Heading up to Dublin now, then off to the Woolshed.....I'll be in a Bob Sanders jersey there!

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

redout wrote: »
    Lads will BBC or Sky have the half-time show ?

and who is playing apart from the who ?
    Both show it AFAIK!!!

• Advertisement

What time is kick-off ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Midnight.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Midnight.

Is that confirmed because the NFL website has a countdown clock and it expires at 11pm. I am ordering a large pepperoni and want it for kick-off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Kickoff is 6.25pm Eastern Time which is 11.25pm over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

its not going to be the same I cant even pop a bud, feck sake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tommy666

if you want half time show and watch full ppv itll be streaming online here for those interested
    http://asows.webs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

fintonie wrote: »
    its not going to be the same I cant even pop a bud, feck sake

Same. Not sure how to watch football sober.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Kickoff is 6.25pm Eastern Time which is 11.25pm over here.
    Yes, 6.26 pm EST is the posted time across the pond, so sometime close to 11.26pm in Ireland. I will be all comfy with drinks, finger food, good friends, and my laptop (cause I said I would be available to mod weeks ago) a few minutes before kickoff on CBS in So Cal. If I recall, didn't last year's Super Bowl start 3 minutes early (from the original kickoff time scheduled)? Not sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Won't be on to post tonight, am going to a friend's house. All enjoy the game and go Saints! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I shan't be online for this as I've got a few mates coming over for it with Chicago Town pizzas stocked in the freezer. Roll on Colts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Put 20 euro into Paddy Power just for the sake of a bit of added fun (20 euro is the student version of 200 euro).

Bets on:

Saints DST to score (11/4)
    Peyton Manning to score (13/2)
    Saints to beat +17.5 (2/11)
    Saints to beat +10.5 (2/5)
    aaaaaaand
    Colts to win (10/21)

Putting my money where my mouth is. That's a pretty clear picture of how I think the game's gonna pan out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Anyone have any betting tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Liam O wrote: »
    Colts to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 abregy

Lads just wondering could any of you give me a rough idea of what time the 4th quater will start at as I need to get up early in the morning but would like to see the business end of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

4th quarter will most likely start sometime between 2AM-2.30AM Irish time. There is an extra long halftime for The Who.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Liam O wrote: »

I got Drew Brees for MVP @ 4/1 the other day. It's down to 3/1 now but it's still a GREAT bet... (considering Manning is evens).

There's been a certain romance to Superbowl stories down the years... Underdogs have a decent record of winning it and after everything the people of New Orleans have been through in recent years, it would be a happy ending of sorts for the City... fate n'all that! :) Drew Bress has done as much as anyone for the hurricane victims - see www.drewbrees.com for the work his own foundation has done, so it would be fitting for him to get the MVP.

He still has a job to do mind you, but he's already thrown more touchdown passes than Manning this year and is well capable of it, and almost broke the record for passing yards last season.

So Breesus for MVP is as good a value bet as you're likely to find.

The 'over' on the total points scored against 56.5 is a good bet to. Over or Under that total points tally is more or less a 50/50 bet so it's just below evens (20/21) in most places. This could be a shootout though so the points will be high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i may be online later, but i may not be very coherent if i am so bear with me!

been a long day already with the EPL games starting early!

hope we get a great game and go Saints!

Do it for us Patriot fans! and on a more serious note,do it for the people of New Orleans!

Gonna be tough though up against one of the very best

Here's an interesting one. Is there much chance of either QB throwing an incomplete pass on their 1st one? They have good odds but I feel they may throw short at the start to build up their rythm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

oh no, all streams are already down. anyone got any ones that aint justin.tv??:confused:

inode wrote: »
    oh no, all streams are already down. anyone got any ones that aint justin.tv??:confused:

can you not get bbc? Had a look but can't find any...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

believe it or not i don't have a tv, just a projector hooked to my my 8mb BB. i usually don't need to watch stuff live :o
    oh and the streams are back up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Saints Garrett Hartley is 5/6 to get more than 6.5 points and the same odds for under 6.5.
    lm thinking over 6.5 points is a cracking bet.

Any1 else got an opinion on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I don't think I can last the night, dead tired and have a terrible head cold. I'm gonna try though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Players will be out on the field in a few:

5:15 p.m.: Player warmups
    5:55: Warmups end
    5:55: FAMU band to perform
    6:03: Team cheerleader performs
    6:04: Saints two-minute warning
    6:05: Colts two-minute warning
    6:06: Saints leave the locker room
    6:08: Saints intro video
    6:09: Saints team intro