Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl XLIV

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

walshb wrote: »
    Drew was 32/39...

Thats impressive. Watched it all too, the key was Brees quick pass offense, and not trying too many big plays like the first drive. All in all the best team won a close hard fought game - cant ask for more than that.

Thats quite a run of excellent Super Bowls in a row - 2011 will be a dud - surely !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Extrememly disappointed with last night!

But credit where credits due, Saints deserved it, they were a lot more gutsy with their play calls from going for it on 4th down to the 2 point conversion. However the play that will stnad out for me won't be the returned interception, but instead the onside kick! Sean Payton really showed balls of steal to call that play. To do it in a Superbowl, the games biggest stage....hats off fine sir! A huge risk to take that could have reulted in being down by 14, but instead gave the Saints the momentum for the remainder of the game.
    Well done Saints!!!!

Unlucky Colts....we'll be back next year!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Yeah that onside kick was one ballsy move. If they didn't recover the ball i reckon it would have been a Colts win. That play just defined the Saints second half and they carried the momentum from it. Great win and great coaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Feckin' Colts. Cost me a lot of money.

Fair play to the Saints though. They did it their way. That onside kick was the turning point of the game and was a real gutsy decision. Lucky for them that they recovered the ball otherwise it may have been a totally different ball game.

Also when they went for that 2 points having scored a TD was a pretty good play too. I don't know how the ref closest to the play didn't see that he had possession of the ball when he landed and was over the line right away. He was closer to it than anyone.

After the 1st quarter I was convinced that the Colts were gonna tear the Saints a new one. They showed absolutely nothing but fair play to them though really for sticking at it and frustrating the Colts offence.

Manning looked rather helpless late on in the 4th and it would've taken some serious plays if they were gonna recover.

Decent enough game and I can't wait for September.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Just me or did the atmosphere seem a little subdued just there, especially when Brees got the mic?

I thought so too but they were just chanting "Drew" which sounded like a chorus of boo's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

That_Guy wrote: »
    I thought so too but they were just chanting "Drew" which sounded like a chorus of boo's.
    Ah, that's sounds more right.

Still can't believe they won :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

This reminds me of Colts-Bears SuperBowl and a friend of mine who hates America and all things American and he told me he was going to stay up a watch the SuperBowl with an 'open mind' to see what the fuss is about.

I found out the next day he turned off the game before the kickoff because when they introduced one of the Bear's captains, Mushin Mohammad (aka Moose) all the racist, ignorant americans booed the muslim chap!!

Open-mind...ya right...Ignorance is bliss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Unfortunate for the lad because he's had a unreal season but Pierre Garcon has to take some of the plaudits for the Saints win. That drop will haunt him for a long long time, it was the most important moment of the game I felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭walt colman

Or to be precise 'Dreeeeeeew'

Bledsoe got the same thing in New England - and at least half the time they weren't booing him. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Took long enough for M*A*S*H to get knocked off top spot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Old news already, but here's a list of all the Super Bowl adverts from last - http://mashable.com/2010/02/08/super-bowl-ads-2010/

This is my favourite, for Doritos:

This one is also pretty cool for Cars.com:

And of course, the Brett Favre ad! -

The Brett Farve one was excellant...my two favourites:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The snickers one was good, the rest were poor this year.

I live near Colorado Springs, so the Focus on the Family commercial is a hot topic here now.

As for the game. Very pleased for the Saints!

Broncos next year!!

(College football is still far better though ;) )

Another reason to be glad the Saints won...a grand total of 11 Colts fans greeted the team at the airport!!

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100208/SPORTS03/2090305/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

GuanYin wrote: »
    (College football is still far better though ;) )
    Especially when cross-town rivals USC plays UCLA? :cool:

Would have love to have been there

Advertisement