Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania.ie - price error, can they charge more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm sure rubadub won't mind giving you the full tracking number now as proof seeing as the item is safe and sound ;)
    If he posts me the Blu-ray player.. I'll inspect it and make sure everything is in order! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

hmmm,
    pics of the player with a recent boards post in the background or else im calling shenanigans.

i just got another generic fob off mail from them, in the last mail i asked specifically for a valid reason and to direct me to the law or t&c that shows this.

Still no real reason received.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

iKnorr, Blue ray will be obsolete before you get a result from this ;)

i dont even have a need for a BD player....:D

Shur isnt it all a bit of fun....and also a bit of an experiment to see how far they will go

• Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

basquille wrote: »
    Pixmania's shipping has never, and will never, be THAT fast! :D
    :D I find them good enough. I get everything sent to work, it appears to come to business addresses faster.

Pickup date:
    2010-02-03

Track event
    Date Status
    Delivery Depot Information 2010-02-03 General status. Arrival

Soarer wrote: »
    So Pixmania dispatched it yesterday, and it got delivered today?
    The confirmation email of dispatch was yesterday, the pixmania page showed it sent the day before, this is what happened with my last order from them too.
    iknorr wrote: »
    hmmm,
    pics of the player with a recent boards post in the background
    Will do -later!

EDIT- date on the box says it was 10-02-01 so looks like it was sent on monday and seems to have come from the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

I'ev received stuff from Pixmania within 24hrs so it is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭m3hm3t

Is the bit in bold true?

yes it is true, they cant sell under price by law.

m3hm3t wrote: »
    yes it is true, they cant sell under price by law.
    What law? is it some French law as somebody else suggested?

Certainly not Irish law.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2005/1108/groceries.html
    Tuesday, 8 November 2005
    The Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment Micheal Martin this afternoon announced the end of the Groceries Order.

The Minister said that today was an important day for the Irish consumer and that it was a liberating day for competition policy in Ireland.

'Very simply, the Groceries Order has acted against the interests of consumers for the past 18 years and it is now time for consumer interests to prevail. There really was no option available to the Government other than a decision to revoke the Order,' Minister Martin said as he abolished the Order.

The Order, which bans selling goods at below their invoice price, was introduced in 1987 to prevent small shops being driven out of business by large supermarket chains. Last March, the Consumer Strategy Group recommended that the order should be scrapped, and since then Minister Martin has been receiving and considering submissions on the subject.

doubting-thomas.jpg
    82030239.jpg
    75481785.jpg
    :P

Legend...... i count that as a win!!!!

I just received an email from someone in france,,, usual fob off email saying the price is vile. no link to vile under consumer law...
    I continue

Edit: apologies for bringing this up during such a joyous moment but is that internet explorer your using? If it is, shame on you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

No way!! I believe a certain King of BA's owes somebody an apology...:p
    Will this now make iknorr and whoever else kept it up case stronger that you actually received it? I just packed it in when they put my money back into my paypal a/c

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ah, but rubadub, we need proof that that Bluray player came from Pixmania, and that it just isn't some random box propped up against your monitor :)

Packing slips please!

dudara wrote: »
    Ah, but rubadub, we need proof that that Bluray player came from Pixmania, and that it just isn't some random box propped up against your monitor :)

Packing slips please!

well the label is in french in fairness

God I'm so frickin jealous!

Oh - Pixmania broke the law by selling you that - I think we should report them!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You utter bastard rubadub!

Congrats! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I love the smug alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

well the label is in french in fairness

So the label is in French, but it was dispatched from the UK?

Do they usually store all their French labelled bluray players in the UK?

Packing slips please!
    I got none, would have put them in the pic. I was searching for them since nobody in work would believe it either!
    Soarer wrote: »
    So the label is in French, but it was dispatched from the UK?
    Seems so, it was a euro plug too, and they put in the adaptor. I can only guess they export large items in bulk to a warehouse in the UK for quicker and cheaper further distribution to the UK & here (we do that in my work).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Dman you and your logic! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Rubadub, ill ofer ya €2 for the blu ray :p

Come one your doubling your money!!!:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

What the pictures don't show is the team of crack Pixmania commandos with guns to rubadub's head:

"Okay, Irish peegdog......nice and slow.....click ze mouse.....show the zem ze box....tell them what nace peeples Pixmania are.......mention zis again, and we will be over avec a bad chardonnay and some frog's legs in garlic - you 'ave been warned.....":D

Seriously, Pixmania are just the worst company I have ever had dealings with online.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

LOL!....someone got one?....fair play, so twas worth it after all.

LOL!....someone got one?....fair play, so twas worth it after all.

It could have been you Richard. It could have been you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 swoodworth

So, I ordered my player on January 29th, dispatched on February 3rd. DHL tried to deliver to my house on 4th but I was not there. Arranged to pick it up today (5th) but when I got to DHL depot it had been recalled by sender. My bad luck or is there anything I can do?

no more on sale , i could not find this player anymore , or am i mistaken :)

rubadub wrote: »
    What law? is it some French law as somebody else suggested?

Certainly not Irish law.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2005/1108/groceries.html

i dont know, i just asked to our accountant , he said so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

swoodworth wrote: »
    So, I ordered my player on January 29th, dispatched on February 3rd. DHL tried to deliver to my house on 4th but I was not there. Arranged to pick it up today (5th) but when I got to DHL depot it had been recalled by sender. My bad luck or is there anything I can do?

hahahahahahahhahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Kevin! wrote: »
    hahahahahahahhahahaha

Kevin! How about a helpful post?

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CH3OH

. Arranged to pick it up today (5th) but when I got to DHL depot it had been recalled by sender. My bad luck or is there anything I can do?

Very unlucky. I'm curious as to what DHL said.
    I'd push DHL to redirect the parcel back to the depot where you can collect it. They may say no... but I would insist that you have paid for the item and 1 attempted delivery is unacceptable.
    The worst they can say is no.

I'm currently playing email pingpong with Pixmania customer service just for for a laugh. They keep thanking me for my understanding! and I keep asking them questions!! They should send me one to get me to stop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Thats bloody back luck mate! :(
    Really shiity of Pixmania as well, cheeky of them to pull it back :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Kevin! How about a helpful post?

dudara

sorry dudara :o

Advertisement