Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania.ie - price error, can they charge more?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

iknorr,

Your actions are ridiculous!

This clearly is the first misprice you've encountered - it's not often you get a misprice and these companies can cancel it without any retribution. It's simple human error.

I will agree that their actions of refunding orders with no reasoning is dreadful.. but it's on par with Pixmania Customer Service (which as a whole is one of the worst I've encountered).

But c'mon.. get off your high-horse and let it go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

its stupid i think...atleast they would have the balls to write and say that they made a mistake and we would like to inform u of **** and etc... instead of just making a fake refund procedure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

basquille wrote: »
    iknorr,

This clearly is the first misprice you've encountered - it's not often you get a misprice and these companies can cancel it without any retribution. It's simple human error.

I will agree that their actions of refunding orders with no reasoning is dreadful.. but it's on par with Pixmania Customer Service (which as a whole is one of the worst I've encountered).

sure why not at least try?? if your bored in work like me with nothing else to do its worth a chance!!

Remember what Del Boy Trotter said?? HE WHO DARES WINS

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

aidannulty wrote: »
    sure why not at least try?? if your bored in work like me with nothing else to do its worth a chance!!

Remember what Del Boy Trotter said?? HE WHO DARES WINS

I think he use to say "He who dares, Rodney, he who dares" he never actually won, his dodgy dealing always came back to bite him.

Let it go lads or we'll end up with a suitcase of betamax blu-rays ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

sooo, anyone got a print screen for of the original items?

For those of you who think we shouldnt follow this up, then just stop posting on this thread. You are not being helpful in any way.

I will continue until i receive confirmation for the consumer group that pixmania can do this. When i receive the reply i will post it here.

Attacking me on a personnal level with comments like "unreal" and "your ridiculous" will not change my mind on how i will proceed with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Gene Parmesan

iknorr wrote: »

For those of you who think we shouldnt follow this up, then just stop posting on this thread. You are not being helpful in any way.

I will continue until i receive confirmation for the consumer group that pixmania can do this. When i receive the reply i will post it here.

Attacking me on a personnal level with comments like "unreal" and "your ridiculous" will not change my mind on how i will proceed with this.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4319641428_286ae87c7a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

im with iknorr on this. Only people who want a positive outcome from this thread should continue to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

basquille wrote: »
    iknorr,

I disagree, if they had made any attempt to address their mistake, fair enough. When i rang i was told the item had been discontinued. Also sending me a mail to inform me "my request for a refund" had been processed is a red flag to me because of a three month wait i endured for a refund when they sent me the incorrect (and cheaper) item on 3 occasions so i for one will take this as far as i reasonably can

can you upload the print screen as an attachment to the post, please. Flickr is blocked here in work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Too right.

If you're gonna insult someone, at least get your grammar correct! ;)

P.S. Also got the refund request, and have emailed them stating I didn't request a refund. Did that before seeing this thread, so it's good to know I'm not alone.
    P.P.S. If the majority of people just take the refund, there'll be a better chance for us "fighters" to get the bd player to shut up! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ha ha how pathetic! Jesus if your that desperate for a Blueray player maybe we could all chip in a euro and get you one...

NOBODY GOT ONE FOR €1 AND NOBODY WILL. You knew it was a mistake when you ordered it and you havn't the slightest chance in the world of getting one. Go do something constructive with you life because your wasting your time here.

gpf101 wrote: »
    Ha ha how pathetic! Jesus if your that desperate for a Blueray player maybe we could all chip in a euro and get you one...

NOBODY GOT ONE FOR €1 AND NOBODY WILL. You knew it was a mistake when you ordered it and you havn't the slightest chance in the world of getting one. Go do something constructive with you life because your wasting your time here.

and your doing what exactly? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gene Parmesan

can you upload the print screen as an attachment to the post, please. Flickr is blocked here in work

here it is... i think

here it is... i think

excellent, thanks...

M5 wrote: »
    and your doing what exactly? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just finished 6 days straight work and I'm having a cup of coffe now, studying for graduate medicine exams all morning. Tough stuff wrecks your head after an hour. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood after and taking out some frustration here!

Edit: that sounds pretty obnoxious actually sorry....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭pah

I thought threads were for discussion? For airing your thoughts on a public forum? It's not a hammer pixmania thread :rolleyes: Read the wording!! Even the thread title describes it as a price error.

I've just got the email about a refund request and I'm disgusted by the approach they're taking. If I'm going to follow anything up it will be to complain about their customer service and the way they are trying to dupe the consumer with this ridiculous refund email.

I can understand the price error and when I ordered I was hoping to get lucky.

Would you honour this pricing error if you had say 500 orders = €500 for something that should cost €50k? Honestly would you??

I certainly wouldn't, I'd admit the mistake, explaining that the order could not be processed and take on anyone who wanted to make a case against me within their consumer rights.

Still pissed with how Pixmania have approached this:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i would have accepted an email saying "we f-ed up, sorry, heres your refund" but the way they are trying to do it by saying that I requested the refund is a disgrace. shabby company and downright liars.

As opposed to the thieves who are trying to get something for a price they know is in error......

Where do you work? Maybe we could get them to block boards.ie too :rolleyes:

Seriously though, what do you do for a living? I hope it's not at the taxpayers expense :eek:

Just finished 6 days straight work and I'm having a cup of coffe now, studying for graduate medicine exams all morning. Tough stuff wrecks your head after an hour. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood after and taking out some frustration here!

Edit: that sounds pretty obnoxious actually sorry....

lol, understood and forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I think you're the one wasting your time here.

You've accepted the bd player isn't going to arrive, so there's nothing here on this thread for you.

The thread is on Consumer Issues, and many posters have valid CI questions. They believe they're entitled to the player, even though it was mispriced.
    You've already shown what side of the fence you're on, so why can't you just leave it at that?
    If you keep up the constant sniping at people, the thread will turn into a slagging match, and end up being closed.
    That's not gonna help anyone!

• Advertisement

pah wrote: »
    Where do you work? Maybe we could get them to block boards.ie too :rolleyes:

Seriously though, what do you do for a living? I hope it's not at the taxpayers expense :eek:

I tell a lie, I had Sunday off. I don't generally use boards at work, maybe on my phone the very odd time if I have a break. If you look back you can verify it by checking my posts. :rolleyes:

Ok sorry... (gets coat). I sometimes just can't resist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

Did people not get two emails from Pixmania? I got :
    Thank you for ordering on Pixmania.com.

Following your request, your order CCL116466562 has now been cancelled.

Considering that your payment has already been confirmed, we are currently processing a refund for your order.

A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you within 72 hours.

We would like to apologise for this inconvenience and we hope you visit our website again soon.

Best Regards,

Then the refund request email I've seen others got.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

I don't even think this is about whether people get their player or not either, it's about whether a company can disregard their own terms and conditions of service, and possibly consumer rights, because someone made an error.

Truthfully, even if I don't get my player, I'd like to see them put on the spot and made to deal with this in a professional manner instead of Pixmania just jamming their fingers in their ears and saying "LAHLAHLAH We can't hear you" until the problem goes away.

If this were for something cheaper, say a 20 Euro Memory card, do you really think there would be so many people in this thread right now so opposed to seeing where this may go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

I tell a lie, I had Sunday off. I don't generally use boards at work, maybe on my phone the very odd time if I have a break. If you look back you can verify it by checking my posts. :rolleyes:

Lying on the internet:(

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

We have a member of boards who works as a mediator in Pixmania. I am sure she would love to help.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=210916

Her email address which she put on another post was mediator_ie@pixmania.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

To answer the OP;

Yes Pixmania can refuse to honour the €1.05 price. There is plenty of precedent when there has been a "clear demonstrable clerical error" on their part.

Pixmania will realise that 99% of the approx two thousand orders they took were purely sent to exploit this clerical error, they will have no sympathy and simply batch-refunded every single one of them without taking the time to apologize.

Anyone who thinks this is somehow underhand or unfair on the part of Pixmania does not understand the words "underhand" or "unfair" or how they apply to this transaction!

NOTE; it would be different if they had priced them at €85 instead of €105. At that point you could be a legitimate customer looking for a blu-ray player, and would be rightfully annoyed if they just refunded the money with no explanation (or goodwill gesture).

(ANOTHER NOTE; comparisons with Aer Lingus are wrong... two completely different scenarios. Aer Lingus took only a small loss on that error in any case due to significant breakage.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Rodg3 wrote: »
    whether a company can disregard their own terms and conditions of service because someone made an error.

Yes they can. Lots of precedent. Take this thread to "legal discussions" and see how quickly they dismantle it.

Fair enough but I didn't quote you originally it was iknorr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

MINE SAYS ITS DISPATCHED!!!

PREPARATION
    Products sold and delivered by Pixmania

Your package is ready to be sent. Please find your package number below. Product Current availability Ord. Qty Waiting to be delivered Qty Del.
    Philips BDP3000/12 Blu-ray Player Temporarily out of stock 1 0 1
    Note it says out of stock but the 1 is below QTY DEL

Carrier : DHL
    Date of dispatch : 02/02/2010
    Tracking number JD000226046506
    Some numbers deleted off my number there.

I did get in early when the thread was posted.
    Your order has been successfully placed.
    Please find the details below.

Order date : 2010-01-31 18:37:48

Paid by mastercard. And yes I did order just the 1.

Advertisement