Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania.ie - price error, can they charge more?

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

so why did you order?

Out of divilment and the fun you get from the whole process. I also love the "13 stages of dealing with misprices" - its craic waiting to see how long it takes before Joe Duffy or the Law are mentioned.

Also wanted a bluray player for the day when I get (a) a HD TV and (b) Blurays. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

@Rubadub. I hope you get your blu ray player! Class if you do. I ordered by Visa a few minutes before you but alas I got my refund email today :(
    Cheers, in my post I cut & paste the order time from my pixmania account. Order date : 2010-01-31 18:37:48

I see now it was before 6, so I really ordered at 5:37, I don't think there was a single reply on the original thread at this time. You get mix ups with european times.

The only other thing I can think of is that I already have an established account with them, and have bought a few things in the past.
    Everyone *must* have known they would never come through....so ask yourselves, honestly....why did you order?
    To get vouchers or a discount code as way of an apology/consolation, I thought there was no chance at all of getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

More like:
    1. Great find OP!:eek:
    2. Got to be a misprint :rolleyes:
    3. Haha, I know its a misprint, I know I wont get it, i'll order one of anyway for the craic :pac:
    4. Ive ordered 42 of them, and mailed everyone I know to do the same!:p
    5. They have to honour it, don't they?:confused:
    6. Goddamn it, they cancelled, I really thought I would get it :mad:
    7. They have to honour it, don't they?
    8. Call Joe Duffy!:mad:
    9. I just sent an angry mail off to their customer service department, i'll definitely get it now! :)
    10. They replied to my mail saying it was a mistake and im not getting it :(
    11. Insert store are a pack of chancers, im never buying from them again! :mad:
    12. They better pay me inflation on the money they held for 2 days or im suing them!:mad:
    13. Im calling Joe Duffy :mad:

12. with deflation your money is probably worth more than when you gave it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 johnsheehy

I think a big issue here is that pixmania operate under french law. On another forum i found the following statement

"The law states that in England price tags are an 'invitation to treat'. Then customer sees something for £10 and then goes to the counter to buy it for £10 - they are the one starting the transaction. The shopkeeper can then accept the transanction or not.
    So the shop are under no obligation to charge you the ticket price.

In France the transaction by law starts with the shop and their price tag, so when the customer goes to pay, even when it is marked wrongly, the shop must honour what it has labelled."

If this is true then pixmania have no option but to honor the transaction.

They are possibly the worst company ever to deal with. Before xmas they charged my brother twice for a LCD TV. I wouldnt mind this mistake so much but for the customer service attitude. They refused to accept they were in error. They caused an over credit limit fee for my brother. They were rude and sarcastic on the phone. The manager wouldnt give any indication of when the refund would be granted on the phone, then 5 mins later my bro rang and said he was getting the bank to cancel both payments to which the manager replied with "The refund was issued on the 29th of Dec". Why he felt the need to be so awkward I dont know. There is obviously an attitude of deceipt in this company and they deserve all the hassle they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

i done it for ****s and giggles mainly and the fact that id be very pissed off if your man with the 10 orders got them and i didnt even order one.
    Then i realised, after someone posted about paypal and that there maybe a chance they have to uphold the orders when u pay with paypal.
    When i read into it a bit more i got more and more convinced that they do have to do this.
    As i said earlier, I have contacted both pix and the consumer affairs crowd, i havent received a reply for either yet but even if i dont get player, id like to know the law on such deals for future reference (not just for mispriced whoring)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Got this today
    Dear M5

Following your contact earlier today with our Customer Support Centre we are following this up with a reply to your request

Let us upfront apologize for the inconvenience caused by the situation that occurred. Pixmania continuously endeavours to offer the best possible pricing to its customers.

In your case our Validation team cancelled your order upon detection of a pricing error: the price quoted was far below the real value of the item. Moreover the error was such that it was obvious and unmistakable and it was corrected on the site by Pixmania as soon as it was detected.

We can therefore not ship the items for the price quoted at the time you placed your order and have no legal obligation to do so.

We thank you for your understanding and do hope to welcome you again on our site in the future.

Kind regards,
    Team Pixmania

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

rubadub wrote: »
    Cheers, in my post I cut & paste the order time from my pixmania account. Order date : 2010-01-31 18:37:48

I see now it was before 6, so I really ordered at 5:37, I don't think there was a single reply on the original thread at this time. You get mix ups with european times.

The only other thing I can think of is that I already have an established account with them, and have bought a few things in the past.

To get vouchers or a discount code as way of an apology/consolation, I thought there was no chance at all of getting it.

8 grand spent on my account in the last 6 years, doubt that helped!

I ordered one of these last week before the thread in bargain alerts was posted, I had considered posting a thread about the find but realised that if I did there would be people boasting baout how they just ordered 10 of them to sell on as normally happens. Once the thread was posted there by another poster I knew that any chance of reaping the rewards of a low price Blu Ray player were gone, it's such a shame that so many people seem to think that any bargain is an excuse to be greedy adn try to make a few euros.

Had people ordered maybe 1 there was a chance that this may be honoured but with peopel ordering 10+ at a go any chance quickly disappeared.

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are writing to inform you that the order of this article has been cancelled as there was a typing error in the price of the product.

The order was cancelled by the validation team as the price does not reflect the value of the item.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best regards,
    Your customer care agent

Still not a legal reason

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Dear XXXXXXX,

Following your contact earlier today with our Customer Support Centre we are following this up with a reply to your request

Let us upfront apologise for the inconvenience caused by the situation that occurred. Pixmania continuously endeavours to offer the best possible pricing to its customers.

In your case our Validation team cancelled your order upon detection of a pricing error: the price quoted was far below the real value of the item. Moreover the error was such that it was obvious and unmistakeable and it was corrected on the site by Pixmania as soon as it was detected.

We can therefore not ship the items for the price quoted at the time you placed your order and have no legal obligation to do so.

We thank you for your understanding and do hope to welcome you again on our site in the future.

Best regards,
    Team Pixmania

Got this email today, however also this morning paypal deducted my credit card for the amount? No refunds yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I didn't order because even if i had kept it quiet they would not have honoured even a single order. Everyone *must* have known they would never come through....so ask yourselves, honestly....why did you order?

I ordered as I set myself a budget of €20, inc. delivery, for a decent spec Bluray player. I couldn't believe my luck when you posted the link to Pixmania! I thought all my dreams had come true!
    I immediately ordered, and rang to tell my wife that, because I found the player I was looking for, she could go to the shop and buy some formula so the kid wouldn't have to go to bed hungry.

Well, you can only imagine my utter digust, and surprise, when I found out that my order had been cancelled, and I was to be given a refund! It's absolutely devastating!

The worst thing is though, the wife has already opened the formula, so we can't return it!

People think it's all such a great laugh, but nobody ever thinks of the children in situations like this!

I got a reply from ECC, it seems like it was a premade reply.

The only thing they referred to was bait advertising and a genuine mistake. Bait advertising cannot be proved.
    So a genuine mistake still doesn't (as far as i can tell) prove to be grounds for a refund after payment was made.
    At this stage its not even about the player anymore. I know im being a bit of an asshole about the "hole" thing but i need to get an official "your completely wrong iknorr" before i back down and hold my hand up to admit im wrong.

(q the "im wrong" sarcastic replies with quotes)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,775 ✭✭✭✭Basq

iknorr wrote: »
    Tell 'em "Cox"-sy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

iknorr wrote: »
    I got a reply from ECC, it seems like it was a premade reply.

The only thing they referred to was bait advertising and a genuine mistake. Bait advertising cannot be proved.
    So a genuine mistake still doesn't (as far as i can tell) prove to be grounds for a refund after payment was made.
    At this stage its not even about the player anymore. I know im being a bit of an asshole about the "hole" thing but i need to get an official "your completely wrong iknorr" before i back down and hold my hand up to admit im wrong.

My advised to you my friend is enjoy the laugh we had with this, forget about Pixmaina and move on. Not worth the grey hairs..

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

I've yet to hear anything new from them. My order is still fully verified, paid for, and uncanceled.

PRINT SCREENS!!!!!

Rodg3 wrote: »
    I've yet to hear anything new from them. My order is still fully verified, paid for, and uncanceled.

Log into your pixmania account, it should say if it has been dispatched or not. I got my email from pixmania today confirming it is dispatched, my account showed this yesterday but was awaiting this email confirmation too.

No real point doing a print screen, I could easily photoshop it if I was that bothered trying to spoof people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Well, if/when you get the drive i wanna see a pic of you holding it with a BIG grin on your face.

I got the email yesterday saying they were currently processing my request for refund but I've had nothing since. However when I go into my order tracking that order is gone :(
    My heart skipped a beat when I saw all 4 icons lit up yellow but then I realised that was for a previous order :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dxhound2003

More like:
    1. Great find OP!:eek:
    2. Got to be a misprint :rolleyes:
    3. Haha, I know its a misprint, I know I wont get it, i'll order one of anyway for the craic :pac:
    4. Ive ordered 42 of them, and mailed everyone I know to do the same!:p
    5. They have to honour it, don't they?:confused:
    6. Goddamn it, they cancelled, I really thought I would get it :mad:
    7. They have to honour it, don't they?
    8. Call Joe Duffy!:mad:
    9. I just sent an angry mail off to their customer service department, i'll definitely get it now! :)
    10. They replied to my mail saying it was a mistake and im not getting it :(
    11. Insert store are a pack of chancers, im never buying from them again! :mad:
    12. They better pay me inflation on the money they held for 2 days or im suing them!:mad:
    13. Im calling Joe Duffy :mad:

Now on to the next stage

14. I got one.
    15. Prove it.
    16. Why should I.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Had 2 orders, 1 by credit card, 1 by paypal. Got an email saying the cc one was cancelled etc. But still nothing about the paypal one. The money has gone out of my paypal account, and paypal has taken the money out of my cc as well. Who knows what will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

Thank you for your email.

We apologise for any inconvenience regarding your order with Pixmania.

Please note that there was a price error with regard to this product. Therefore, you order has been cancelled automatically as we do not have the right to sell a product with a loss under law legislation.

Thank you for your comprehension.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
    Your customer care agent

Is the bit in bold true?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭davemie

as we do not have the right to sell a product with a loss under law legislation.

Is the bit in bold true?

I was wounding the same thing and have asked them what the cost price is, as I maybe interested in buying it at cost price, if this law is correct and they are not allowed to sell below cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i still haven't got any email from pixmania saying my order was canceled and on the tracking item part of the site the payment icon is still highlighted. paid using paypal.

I know there's a lot of surelys in this thread, but...surely it's all or nothing with these yokes ie. if rubadub gets his delivered, how can they say it's a misprice and cancel everyone else's?

Soarer wrote: »
    if rubadub gets his delivered, how can they say it's a misprice and cancel everyone else's?
    I got it today :)

I suppose they could say it slipped through or something, and they only realised later. I think in some other bargain alert threads with misprices a few people got it and others did not. IIRC with the €15 littlewoods voucher thread some people who took the piss got refused.

In the cdwow clint eastwood boxset misprice thread some lad said he wrote a few emails and they caved in and sent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,775 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No offence rubadub.. but you're ruined your attempt to pull the wool over our eyes with that statement.

Pixmania's shipping has never, and will never, be THAT fast! :D

EDIT: For rubadub..

So Pixmania dispatched it yesterday, and it got delivered today?

Velly fishy!

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    So Pixmania dispatched it yesterday, and it got delivered today?

Velly fishy!

Actually they dispatched it on Tuesday. It is possible that it was delivered in 2 days. And as for Basquille's comment on pixmania being brutal for deliveries, while that may be true, DHL have had it since tuesday (if rubadub is telling the truth) so it was out of pixmanias hands since then.

I'm sure rubadub won't mind giving you the full tracking number now as proof seeing as the item is safe and sound ;)

Advertisement