Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

Some class sniper work in that video, I like all your video's forget about the haters here and do your own thing. One suggestion in the montage is if you did all your sniper kills in one map before moving to another map and then too another map that way it looks like your after kicking their asses with the sniper where as at the moment it looks like you have one or two sniper hits per game.

Keep up the good work and a video with sniper tips would be good too, trying to get hang of it but I'm still more of a machine gun man that prays I hit something.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Was something up with the video encoding on this one. Seems very blocky / grainy compared to your previous videos, did you use different settings to encode after the edit. The shots on underpass are nearly invisible.

Must get another watch, could be a youtube problem. Maybe I watched it too soon after you uploaded. Can take a while for youtube to encode some formats.

...aye much better now.

btw, would love to seen a few of the shots (double kills, shooting dudes in mid-air) in slow-mo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It did take a while for youtube to encode it, should be done now though...

The quality really isnt the best, it also didnt uplaod in widescreen and the file failed 3 times to upload

maybe a you tube issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

what are using to record?

i had the dazzle and that was ****.

what are using to record?

i had the dazzle and that was ****.

dazzle are crap, I used one once and never again

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64214512&postcount=38

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Some awesome kills in that montage. I'm actually getting more respect for console gamers when i see shots like that pulled off. Shame you didnt get more 2 kills one bullet in that !

Tallon wrote: »
    dazzle are crap, I used one once and never again

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64214512&postcount=38

can u still play ur games in HD or is it the same type of layout as the dazzle.

can u still play ur games in HD or is it the same type of layout as the dazzle.

same layout, have to play composite, thats why I really want this Hauppauge HD PVR

same layout, have to play composite, thats why I really want this Hauppauge DH PVR

i want the happague myself, but its so pricey 220 on play at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

Hey guys,

Didn't manage to get a commentary done last night so I said I'd upload a montage for you's

Let me know what you's think

Cheers

Tallon

Nice vid as usual Tallon!

I recently got a TV card same as yours so I will figure out how to hook it up to the tV soon and see how it goes!

Thanks for the vids!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

i want the happague myself, but its so pricey 220 on play at the moment

hd dvd recorder ftw

Some nice shots there tallon , editing needs more work all in all good job, keep them coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Haha.. the commentary is gas. Really enjoyed these.

A large factor is how ****e the console players are, but there are some good pointers all the same. I'm seeing more potential in milking the killstreaks now.

Wouldn't put up with any kvetching about camping. That's how you get streaks. If opponents are good they'll suss out campers quickly unless they move and switch up their play a lot.

I think I might start using the sniper rifles a bit as well. It's hard to get a big streak with an assault rifle when you only get 3 clips of ammo. I've just unlocked the extended mags but they don't give you much more anyway.

What's your stance on heartbeat sensors? Surprised you were using a sniper and no sensor. What addon did you have just out of interest?

Montages are boring. No context. It's different if it's Quake or something and it's mad rocket jumps and manoevers but in CoD when you break it down to that stuff it's just point and spray.

Use the Scavenger Peak and you'll never run out of ammo with an assualt rifle.

Yea I find I pay too much attention to the heartbeat sensor, waiting for it to scan, rather than paying attention to whats happening in front of me. Its handy maybe if your a noob.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Yea I find I pay too much attention to the heartbeat sensor, waiting for it to scan, rather than paying attention to whats happening in front of me. Its handy maybe if your a noob.
    Haven used it in the single player game, and seen a few people use it, I thought it'd be deadly, but when using it, it became a hindrance, as you'd depend on it too much, looking at it, instead of where you were going, and on multi-story buildings, it'd be confusing. Also, some perks render it useless, so I stopped using it myself. Ninja pro, ensures not only do they not hear you coming, but also you don't appear on the heartbeat sensor...

Morning guys,

Sorry i'm so late putting this up but between crap interenetz and host migrains I have been lucky to get a game :(

Anyway, heres another Team Death Match on Underpass.

I've been playing a lot of Headquarters Pro & Domination so will try get one of them up soon

If you get a chance, please rate & Subscribe

Thanks as always for watching and feedback appreciated

Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 28,883 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I have one request. Can ya stop posting these so early in the morning because when I look at them I have a weird kind of craving for a game all day and I'm stuck in work will 5. :(

Quazzie wrote: »
    I have one request. Can ya stop posting these so early in the morning because when I look at them I have a weird kind of craving for a game all day and I'm stuck in work will 5. :(

Tell youtube to stop taking 9 hours to render :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Tell youtube to stop taking 9 hours to render :p
    so i watched your sniper video last night...and i'm now in love with the Intervention :pac: i wasnt sure as i liked the rapid fire on the barrett but i found myself pulling off silly shots with the intervention and also got perfectionist after getting myself in a perfect spot on karachi and having everyone rush towards where i was sniping from. oh and i also pulled off the claymore to shotgun move you did :D

Nice , funny as usual and i dont usually enjoy videos with commentry but i am enjoying these. One thing wait until your harrier is gone before you bring out the choppergunner .
    Keep them coming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Couple of things.

First up, well done on making the jump into YouTube vids. I'm really enjoying them so far. Nice to hear an Irish chap doing commentary, and doing it well overall.

Secondly, I'm sure you'll continue to find morons "hate" on you for stuff. As I posted elsewhere, people keep coming up with ridiculous excuses for why they keep getting killed, and "hate" on others using "non headless chicken" tactics. Even the best players and commentators online, like SeaNanners get hate posts. It comes with the territory I guess, and your only real option is to just ignore them. Not sure how easy that will be, as I get annoyed reading some of the misguided crap that people post, and they aren't even my vids.

Lastly, guys who are posting here. Maybe subscribe to Tallon's channel on YouTube and rate his vids. He's only getting around 10 ratings on each vid so far, which isn't much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Two other points that I meant to include.

I'd disagree with people saying Montages are better. I find them boring. Anyone can pull off a range of cool shots, and still end up with a negative k:d ratio. I much prefer seeing full games, which help with tips to improve your own game.

One suggestion I'd make is to cut down on uploading the games where you get dumped into a game half way through. I know it happens a lot of times on your first game in a lobby, but I'd suggest trying to stay in lobby's longer so you get full games to upload? Maybe you do that anyway, and it just works out the best games are where you get dumped in mid game. Minor suggestion really.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Tallon, you've a real natural style in your commentry. Great job. I find your videos far more entertaining than some of the "unrealsupersniper-jump-360spin-noscopebeforehittingground-:eek::(:mad:" type videos that are floating around youtube.

You're very skilled, but you still play the game like a mere mortal. That's far better and far more relevant to the rest of us here.

You've 5 stars from me (I'm TheEireOg74 on youtube, eireog74 on psn), keep them coming.

James

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Good work here mate, I like your videos.

Thanks for all the positive comments and subscriptions guys, Really appreciate it

Tallon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭knoximus

Tallon what settings are you using on your easycap?

knoximus wrote: »

Ill give you the full specs when I'm at home

basically, maximum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Fecking love your videos! Giving out about the guy with the Tactical insertion had me laughing my hole off! See ya later chief! Classic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭djan

Hey guys like Fallon I started posting uo vids with commentary on youtube.
    Also have a few double commentaries and stuff so would appreciate if u could check it out :)

Heres my one of my vids, enjoy :)

If Not working .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjtjCWeD3Zw

Thankies :) Btw gj man

knoximus wrote: »

Format: DVD

Options: Video Format > (720x576)
    Compression: YUY2

Options: Input Source > Composite
    Pal

Options: MPEG settings > DVD Pal (720x576)
    (Widescreen 16:9 if needed/wanted)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭knoximus

Format: DVD

Options: Video Format > (720x576)
    Compression: YUY2

Options: Input Source > Composite
    Pal

Options: MPEG settings > DVD Pal (720x576)
    (Widescreen 16:9 if needed/wanted)

Cheers. This is the best quality iv had so far with NTSC. thats workin for me till i Get the dc60+. Black&white fcukin sux! & youtube is sill processin it hours later ha!

http://www.youtube.com/user/D3ATHD3ALER20201

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement