Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Options
  • 27-01-2010 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

So as you may have known I have been recording gameplay footage lately in the hope to help people out at the game and give advice where I can.
    Basically I've started doing commentary on my videos and will be putting up new ones very regularly.

Below is my first one and I should have another up tonight.

Feel free to post comments on youtube, but I would much rather people posted here than having to wade my way through "fag" "camper" "pwned" etc on youtube, and actually have some constructive feedback.
    (Subscribe if you want to be kept up-to-date, although I will be updating this thread each time a new video goes up)

Please let me know what you think, and what you would like to see in respect of future footage and tips

A very special thanks to the Mods & cMods for allowing me to post this here and the lighthearted pi$$taking of my awesome name! :D

Thanks again

Tallon

Episode 1:

_

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JamieDev

cant wait to see ur next vid. hopefully it will say 'JamieDev is now Online/Offline' in the top corner so i will be featured in it. how come ur only posting this thread up now though, why not when u first posted this video on utube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

JamieDev wrote: »
    how come ur only posting this thread up now though, why not when u first posted this video on utube?

Wanted to check with the mods first and make sure I had enough footage to sustain a subscription :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JamieDev

oh right. any chance u know what time ur next vid is going up on utube tonight

JamieDev wrote: »
    oh right. any chance u know what time ur next vid is going up on utube tonight

Depends on how long it takes to render & upload

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

WIll have a proper look at this later on, only viewed the first 4 mins but the one thing i notice is that the skill level difference between console fps gamers and pc gamers is absolutley massive. I'll take a video of some random game one night on the pc to show you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'd like to see a video using a different class. :) I really don't find the maps useful for sniper rifles and a lot of the sniper kills you get on that map could easily be gotten using an assault rifle with a holographic scope or even the iron sights in some cases.

That's not a criticism of you, moreso a criticism of the maps in MW2 :)

I'm not at a level to use akimbo yet but even so I can't emphasise enough that most players should have a decent launcher to take out pavelows etc.

I would find that in at least 70% of the Invasion games I've played, the main action in the game is in exactly the same areas that you played in that game. Interesting!

Anti wrote: »
    WIll have a proper look at this later on, only viewed the first 4 mins but the one thing i notice is that the skill level difference between console fps gamers and pc gamers is absolutley massive. I'll take a video of some random game one night on the pc to show you.

I'd say it's less to do with 'skill level' and more to do with the accuracy and speed that can be attained with a PC setup compared with a controller setup.*

*If we gave the same skilled player both formats to play on.

That said, console gaming is far less serious in general and you will find a much higher percentage of console players who are only out for a bit of casual fun compared with PC gamers and therefore the skill level is lower in that sense.

I dont mean tallons skill, he's pretty good. I just mean that you constantly see a guy just run blindly into a room, then stop there. No flashbang first, no checking corners and no predictive play. Ill capture a vid of Demo later on to show what i mean.

I dont mean tallons skill, he's pretty good.

I stopped reading after that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Tallon wrote: »
    in the hope to help people out at the game and give advice where I can._
    you camped for the whole game ???
    :rolleyes:
    wont be subscribing sorry ! :-p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭BobbitoDigital

people like you make playing the game a nightmare

BOBBY wrote: »
    you camped for the whole game ???
    :rolleyes:
    wont be subscribing sorry ! :-p
    people like you make playing the game a nightmare

Cheers guys, as I said in the video, I dont normally camp that much at all.
    But when 4-5 retards keep running by you in a building and not hitting you, your gonna stay still and shoot them back.
    Also, I did camp upstairs in the second building, purely because I knew the scrambler lads were 'coming to get me'

Really appreciate the feedback and hopefully tonights video will show you that Im not a boy scout camper :)

I dont mean tallons skill, he's pretty good. I just mean that you constantly see a guy just run blindly into a room, then stop there. No flashbang first, no checking corners and no predictive play. Ill capture a vid of Demo later on to show what i mean.

Nah I knew that :) You are right though in terms of the number of people that are basically 'headless chickens' compared to PC. Again though, this is because of the casual nature of the gamers. Also, that was a mercenary TDM so no clans there. First team clan gamers on the consoles are generally a lot better and more organised.

But, yeah, I do know what you mean, it's an easy way to rack up kills and ironically when you're in a match full of these guys and you come out with 20+ kills and 1 or two deaths all of a sudden some guy with a mic is screaming 'Cheater!' Glitcher!' :D

Haha yeah,

I had that on the pc before, playing that map with the huge motorway overhead, can never remember that way but i call it flyover for some reason. joined the game in the secodn round of demo, with my team 1 match up. Right away camped the trainyard for 5 long shot sniper kills, dropped the sentry gun for another 2, broke out the harrier and then the chopper gunner. Got 34-0, surfice to say, i got a hell of alot of abuse from ze germans in the lobby afterwards. Being called a aimbotter when you know your not is a great feeling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jI6lFsEWpQ

Mod edit: andy g, to post that Youtube video I typed the following:
    [noparse][/noparse]

So, I took the bit after v= and pasted that between the youtube tags :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

whats up with the game sound it sound off when you fire

Maybe one of you can help me with this, ive been using fraps to record games, but i cant find any decent free compression software to lower the file sizes which are 1gig per min down to something i can upload to youtube before the middle of next week. Any ideas? This is on the pc btw.

Episode 2:

Let me know what you guys think

Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Suppressed weapons are the only weapons that dont show up on radar - doesnt matter if u have cold blooded on or not .

You should vary the videos you put up , even if u do mainly use the Intervention people arent gonna want to watch numerous sniping vids, change it up & use SMGs & Assault rifles with different perks etc..

* i love the bunker in wasteland :)

Hoki wrote: »

You should vary the videos you put up , even if u do mainly use the Intervention people arent gonna want to watch numerous sniping vids, change it up & use SMGs & Assault rifles with different perks etc..

i know, I asked that in the video!

• Advertisement

that claymore kill at the end is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

you should play a few more of the games like S&D or domination.

you should play a few more of the games like S&D or domination.

I do normally, they're just the first 2 videos

Ill be doing Domination next and then Ill see about S&D.... Im terrible at it though :p

Another nice vid! Some of the headshots were brilliant!

I think you explained this before but why Intervention over Barrett or the WA2000?

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Another nice vid! Some of the headshots were brilliant!

I think you explained this before but why Intervention over Barrett or the WA2000?

Cheers, I dont think the Barret is as powerful over the Intervention and the WA2000 looks like a fireplace!

I guess it comes down to personal preference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Nice work tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Good work tallon, turn down the game sound, and keep active in your commentary, write down some notes about what you want to talk about before the video to keep you on track, and dont curse! keep comin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

your good at camping anyway. good vid

seven-iron wrote: »
    your good at camping anyway. good vid

lol, ffs

Ill rush in the next video :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

to be honest its a bit boring to be watching a full match , wouldnt it be better off to record for a week then put in the best bits , i know there are thousands of noobtages out there but every now and again you'll come across something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_XWHgrxp9Y

Its a pity all montages arent made with the effort that this guy puts into his editing.
    Plus side of your videos , commentery is humourous (whether you mean it to be or not) and its a good clear pic. You using dvd recorder , dazzle or a cap card ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement