Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

USB cap card until I order my hauppaughe.... then Hi-def :)

I'm really not to big on montages and I think people like to see full matches, but Ill deffo take your advice on board and maybe have several videos a week / month and a 'Best bits' special edition at the end of the week / month

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Haha.. the commentary is gas. Really enjoyed these.

A large factor is how ****e the console players are, but there are some good pointers all the same. I'm seeing more potential in milking the killstreaks now.

Wouldn't put up with any kvetching about camping. That's how you get streaks. If opponents are good they'll suss out campers quickly unless they move and switch up their play a lot.

I think I might start using the sniper rifles a bit as well. It's hard to get a big streak with an assault rifle when you only get 3 clips of ammo. I've just unlocked the extended mags but they don't give you much more anyway.

What's your stance on heartbeat sensors? Surprised you were using a sniper and no sensor. What addon did you have just out of interest?

Montages are boring. No context. It's different if it's Quake or something and it's mad rocket jumps and manoevers but in CoD when you break it down to that stuff it's just point and spray.

I dont like heartbeat sensors at all... all good gamers will tell you, you tend to spend more time looking at it than the area ahead and it does take up a lot of the screen

I use FMJ's on the sniper

It's so funny all these comments, I really dont camp.... maybe I shouldnt have started with that video :p

If your having trouble with ammo, deffo use scavenger pro, its a really good Perk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Shammy wrote: »
    to be honest its a bit boring to be watching a full match , wouldnt it be better off to record for a week then put in the best bits , i know there are thousands of noobtages out there but every now and again you'll come across something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_XWHgrxp9Y

Its a pity all montages arent made with the effort that this guy puts into his editing.
    Plus side of your videos , commentery is humourous (whether you mean it to be or not) and its a good clear pic. You using dvd recorder , dazzle or a cap card ?
    i follow him on youtube and he edits like this all the time check his channel out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Great vids :), keep them coming Tallon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I much prefer full vids of games, montages are not much good because they only give a snapshot of a few seconds (at most) from the game and say nothing about the player. Anyone can stitch together a series of shots that make them look like awesome players.

What USB card are you using Tallon and maybe you could describe hoe it works etc.

r3nu4l wrote: »

What USB card are you using Tallon and maybe you could describe hoe it works etc.

T'is an easycap, very handy little thing, you can even bring it to a friends house and record there with a laptop or what ever.
    It connects anything s-video / Composite. I use it to record PS3, xbox, megadrive, Nes.... everything

This is the little gizzmo:

C35-001.jpg

This is next if I dont get the hauppauge; drool

02_blackmagic_intensity.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

to be honest its a bit boring to be watching a full match , wouldnt it be better off to record for a week then put in the best bits , i know there are thousands of noobtages out there but every now and again you'll come across something like this

Its a pity all montages arent made with the effort that this guy puts into his editing.
    Plus side of your videos , commentery is humourous (whether you mean it to be or not) and its a good clear pic. You using dvd recorder , dazzle or a cap card ?

Some nice kills on it, but it really does show how **** the casual gamer on the console is. On the pc you would never be able to get away with 90% of those kills, like running into a group of 5 guys with a fecking barret and not getting shot once. How many times are the dudes in that vid shooting people looking at the floor, or randomly shooting up at the ceiling in doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Anti wrote: »
    Some nice kills on it, but it really does show how **** the casual gamer on the console is.
    You've made your point more than once Anti...don't be using it as a way to get around the charter. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I think the opposite. Anybody could make a montage with their best moments but with full matches you can pick up tips and see how other people play.

Good videos but you camp waaaaay to much. Check out Hutch on youtube. He uses a sniper rifle and never camps.

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Good videos but you camp waaaaay to much. Check out Hutch on youtube. He uses a sniper rifle and never camps.

Jesus christ, I dont camp.... and hutch does, he admits it, in every video. his show is called "Camp Hutch" for christ sake

I really dont think you guys know what camping is as opposed to defensive gameplay

r3nu4l wrote: »
    You've made your point more than once Anti...don't be using it as a way to get around the charter. ;)

Hey, im not. I'm just giving my opinion is all. Don't take that out of context as me trying to get round some poxy charter. Whats the point in having a discussion forum if you cant discuss things? :cool:

Hey guys, heres my latest video.

I've listened to your comments and put up a domination with the AK47 and no camping :p

A couple of things I want to point out before you watch, people have a lot of different opinions on what camping is, but what it boils down to is, camping is sitting in a corner or bush or whatever, without moving and killing people walking past, then when you die, you go back to the same spot over and over.

If someone shoots at me and I hide behind a wall, then pop out and kill him, then his mate sees this and comes after me so I pop back in behind the wall and wait for him to come in after me because he thinks I havnt seen him, only to get shot in the face with lock stock and two smoking barrells then I'll do that.

Then he comes back and Im gone, he's pissed, hes gonna be looking for revenge, and thus it takes his mind away from helping his team, giving our team the advantage.

If I know there are loads of enemies outside the door, im not gonna run out, im gonna hide like a girl until someone distracts them or kills them or I have the oportunity to take them down and get out of that 'hot zone'

Again, its strategic and defensive gameplay, no point in running at an enemy unloading clips all over the place.

Feel free to keep giving feedback (good and bad) as maybe I am camping too much in videos.

I also would like to point out that these videos are intended for educational purposes and in no way showing off my gameplay :)

Thanks again guys

Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

Tallon wrote: »

I've listened to your comments and put up a domination with the AK47 and no camping :p

A couple of things I want to point out before you watch, people have a lot of different opinions on what camping is, but what it boils down to is, camping is sitting in a corner or bush or whatever, without moving and killing people walking past, then when you die, you go back to the same spot over and over.

If someone shoots at me and I hide behind a wall, then pop out and kill him, then his mate sees this and comes after me so I pop back in behind the wall and wait for him to come in after me because he thinks I havnt seen him, only to get shot in the face with lock stock and two smoking barrells then I'll do that.

Then he comes back and Im gone, he's pissed, hes gonna be looking for revenge, and thus it takes his mind away from helping his team, giving our team the advantage.

If I know there are loads of enemies outside the door, im not gonna run out, im gonna hide like a girl until someone distracts them or kills them or I have the oportunity to take them down and get out of that 'hot zone'

Again, its strategic and defensive gameplay, no point in running at an enemy unloading clips all over the place.

Feel free to keep giving feedback (good and bad) as maybe I am camping too much in videos.

I also would like to point out that these videos are intended for educational purposes and in no way showing off my gameplay :)

Thanks again guys

Tallon

I agree with your definition of camping, although thats more like extreme camping!

I have had cases where I have gone up a building to search for enemies, kill the person and even before I will leave the person will come back, literaly he would come back so quickly that I wouldnt have time to leave the building, he keeps coming, I keep killing him, after a while their team mates realize and come to get me too, this puts their minds of out capturing the flag and by the time they kill me we have already captured all the flags...

Domination is one of the few game types where camping is acceptable, I rather run around capturing flags but is also important to play defensively and hold a position!

Nice vid, but i prefer your "Supar zomg camping snipzor vids" ;)

Oh, and you missed that guy in the beginning as you were aiming about a foot away from him ;) But i get that the whole time, you use a sniper rifle, then pick up a assault rifle and it just feels weird.

Oh, and you missed that guy in the beginning as you were aiming about a foot away from him ;) But i get that the whole time, you use a sniper rifle, then pick up a assault rifle and it just feels weird.

It's like shooting with a cement block, didnt have a diddly what I was doing*

*blame the lag, blame the lag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Some nice kills on it, but it really does show how **** the casual gamer on the console is. On the pc you would never be able to get away with 90% of those kills, like running into a group of 5 guys with a fecking barret and not getting shot once. How many times are the dudes in that vid shooting people looking at the floor, or randomly shooting up at the ceiling in doors.

Its the editing that i most enjoy ,the way the music is edited to go with the shots,random guns used , Hell anyone can record over a week or two and cut the good bits to make them look better , but how many can edit like lilchav ?

Yeah thats true, his editing style is very impressive. There was another vid floating about for the original MW that used cell shading, its simply fantastic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭BobbitoDigital

Thanks again guys

Tallon

you where camping,and most your vids it takes ye 3minutes to get a kill,and thers no skill in running round with 1887s,christ you make huge deals about your videos

Ah come on now bob, thats a bit harsh. We were interested in his videos, and he is more then happy to keep doing it. Give the guy a break, hes never once said he is amazing or he has m4d skilLz

• Advertisement

you where camping,and most your vids it takes ye 3minutes to get a kill,and thers no skill in running round with 1887s,christ you make huge deals about your videos
    Tallon wrote:
    I also would like to point out that these videos are intended for educational purposes and in no way showing off my gameplay

I really think your failing to see the purpose of this thread!

Maybe this thread will meet your high expectations

And seriously, what big deal? Im having fun, is that not what gaming is about?

You've obviously been a victim of the 1887's, I can sense it in your post, for this I truely am sorry and in future will try to kill you with the spas or AA-12

Ill also try to get a kill in the first 3mins and post a video, maybe evern something as exciting as first blood :D

Thanks for the feedback

It doesnt take much skill with the 1887s but it sure as hell is fun .Relax you dont have to watch them if you dont want to.

I really think your failing to see the purpose of this thread!

Maybe this thread will meet your high expectations

And seriously, what big deal? Im having fun, is that not what gaming is about?

You've obviously been a victim of the 1887's, I can sense it in your post, for this I truely am sorry and in future will try to kill you with the spas or AA-12

Ill also try to get a kill in the first 3mins and post a video, maybe evern something as exciting as first blood :D

Thanks for the feedback

you donthave to be a smart ass,i don't believe i have ever played against you, so you havn't killed me, i was just given you some feedback as you asked,and being truthful, the 1887s are too easy when i had them i would use them more than my primary weapon, your videos ARE boring,not original and your pointers are pointless,im surprised you havn't posted a video usen Marathon Lightweight and Ninja yet,im guessin when you don't have them 1887 u'll be doing just that,i hate people usen that by the way but you seem to be one of those players,i won't be watching your video's again,well i f i cant get to sleep and i need a little help maby il stick one on,

CHEERS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Jesus christ, I dont camp.... and hutch does, he admits it, in every video. his show is called "Camp Hutch" for christ sake

I really dont think you guys know what camping is as opposed to defensive gameplay

Eh Hutch doesnt camp, have a look at his videos. He complains about them constantly. And the show called "camp hutch" has absolutely nothing to do with camping its where he invites a player of call of duty on to his show and shows one of their videos and does dual commentary with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Coolmaster

Nice video man !!!! Enjoyed watching it all :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

.....,i won't be watching your video's againCHEERS

That should keep both of you happy... I dont really understand why you are so angry with him... it does look as if it was personal!

He is not bothering anyone, if someone doesnt like his videos all he/she has to do is dont watch them!

you donthave to be a smart ass,i don't believe i have ever played against you, so you havn't killed me, i was just given you some feedback as you asked,and being truthful, the 1887s are too easy when i had them i would use them more than my primary weapon, your videos ARE boring,not original and your pointers are pointless,im surprised you havn't posted a video usen Marathon Lightweight and Ninja yet,im guessin when you don't have them 1887 u'll be doing just that,i hate people usen that by the way but you seem to be one of those players,i won't be watching your video's again,well i f i cant get to sleep and i need a little help maby il stick one on,

CHEERS

Ok, I asked for feedback, not "christ you make huge deals about your videos "
    No I dont, and why are you trolling about it anyway?

Fair enough, when you use them it was more than your primary, but thats not the way I play at all, as you can see in the videos. I only use them because im crap at using a sniper up close.

I do appreciate the feedback, especially the bad, but it would have been much easier for you to say:
    "I dont like you using the 1887's, why not post a video with, Marathon Lightweight and Ninja"
    but instead you choose to be a smart arse about it too, and decifer all my videos are crap (Even though I've only posted 3) :)

I do have a Marathon Lightweight and Ninja (oNlYuseMeBlade) setup, yes. But I never ever use it, unless im pissed off on Rust

I dont know if you watched that latest video but theres no 1887's in it so I really dont know why it bothers you so much, I told you, why the hell would I not use something thats in the game? especially when its only for 3 levels!

If my videos make you sleep, thats great, another service I can offer people :p

But seriously, provide constructive negative feedback and tell me what videos you would like to see and I will do my best to post related videos

If my videos are boring for you, im sorry, I will try to put in stuff that people like so let me know what that would be.

Sound fair?

CHEERS

Wow just wow ,all guns and perks are in the game to be used , period ,whether you like them think they are noobish or not , its the persons choice on whatever setup they like to use.
    Another word for feedback is constructive critisim not giving it the big one and getting all uptight.
    Lets see one of your videos eh ?

Wow just wow ,all guns and perks are in the game to be used , period ,whether you like them think they are noobish or not , its the persons choice on whatever setup they like to use.
    Another word for feedback is constructive critisim not giving it the big one and getting all uptight.
    Lets see one of your videos eh ?

if i had one of those things to record a video i would make one,couldnt be botherd wasten money just to record myself playing the game,i think il just enjoy playing it!

• Advertisement

if i had one of those things to record a video i would make one,couldnt be botherd wasten money just to record myself playing the game,i think il just enjoy playing it!

Lol enjoy playing it, good for you .

Dont forget to scream at the kid who kills you with the 1887s and call him a noob .:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement