Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie CoD Video Thread - Read Mod note post #1782

Options
1545556575860»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Iroquois wrote: »
    I probably won't get it to be honest. Looks exactly the same as MW2.

Battlefield 3 and Gears 3 look good though

I'm the same. I've no interest in this whatsoever - neither do any of my IRL friends - which is odd because I was the guy who'd take 3-4 days off work for a new COD. I wonder if they've managed to kill the golden goose, even the hype on this forum is pretty low. Looking at the videos I'm just all the more pissed off that I can't get a decent game of MW on xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Summit dual commentary, gameplay 42-7 Got a Chopper Gunner that didn't even get to use!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Mr. Dookles

heres part 3 of my live comm session guys hope ye enjoy it let me know what ye think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Now doing Live Streaming and we talk about in this video. Loving it :)

Right guys heres part 4 of the live commentary session decided to throw 2 matches in this one since i didnt do the best in the second one :) Anyways hope ye enjoy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I'm live streaming me making my next episode now if you want to come watch.

http://www.twitch.tv/luckygunslinger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Mod Note:

Things have been getting pretty messy in the forum recently, Ade Shammy and I have decided to try and clean up a bit. This will be a test solution and may not be permanent, depending on how it turns out. All video threads from the past 7ish months have been merged into one, a video thread per person was too much especially when new posters tended to sign up post a video and never to return again, not least 2 or 3 threads for some posters. I will edit the first post in due course with links to people's Youtube channels (am in class atm trying not to make noise typing :p)

-Please keep this for videos/gameplays/commentaries for Boardsies Only, please keep Non-Boardsie uploads to the normal video thread-

If you have any suggestions or feedback please PM Ade, Shammy or I.

TLDR; People's video threads merged subject to possible change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

IMO you shoulda just locked the other threads and started a fresh one for boardsie videos. Now I have no idea where to find any older videos in this huge thread. Just a small gripe though

edit: Hang on wait, have these merged threads all been mixed together according to date? I was just flipping through a few pages and realised it wasn't like a block of sumsars vids, a block of mr.dookles, an block of mine etc, it just seems all random and makes no sense :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 airsofter2012

Tallon wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So as you may have known I have been recording gameplay footage lately in the hope to help people out at the game and give advice where I can.
    Basically I've started doing commentary on my videos and will be putting up new ones very regularly.

Below is my first one and I should have another up tonight.

Feel free to post comments on youtube, but I would much rather people posted here than having to wade my way through "fag" "camper" "pwned" etc on youtube, and actually have some constructive feedback.
    (Subscribe if you want to be kept up-to-date, although I will be updating this thread each time a new video goes up)

Please let me know what you think, and what you would like to see in respect of future footage and tips

A very special thanks to the Mods & cMods for allowing me to post this here and the lighthearted pi$$taking of my awesome name! :D

Thanks again

Tallon

Episode 1:

_
    nice vidz lads keep it up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Leeg17 wrote: »
    If you have any suggestions or feedback please PM Ade, Shammy or I.

Should we not post them here or in a new thread to get the opinions of the users of the forum?

I personally think I raised some good points about not merging and about ways of containing all the threads in my PM's to you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Tallon wrote: »
    Should we not post them here or in a new thread to get the opinions of the users of the forum?

I personally think I raised some good points about not merging and about ways of containing all the threads in my PM's to you guys

You raised one good point , that decision wasnt up to us and most likely will not be going ahead.

The threads were split in the first place as there were maybe 3 people posting vids at that time . But now there are way too many people with their own thread and some like you with 3.

If we were to leave things the way they are we'll have every Tom Dick and Harry creating their own threads for their vids , especially with mw3 on the horizan and that is not an option .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Boredom leads to many things... Like bad montages... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

IMO, i think the best way to have it would be to only allow regular posters have their own thread, if someones sole purpose for posting in the CoD forum is to get views on their videos and not actually be part of the community (Mr.Dookles,Sumsar etc) then they should have to post in the mega thread. Make it a privilege you have to earn and it'll not only weed out anyone like this, but will probably help with the forums activity in general.

I generally dont watch anything in the post your vids thread because most of it doesn't interest me, but there are a few peoples videos that i watch almost all the time. Having it all in one... is.. meh.. imo. Besides... the only thing that bothers me about people having their own thread is when they aren't regulars (And even at that.. i just don't click on the thread) because lets be honest.. its not exactly AFTERHOURS in here and can be pretty static sometimes.

In my opinion just have either 2 Threads for Videos

Boards Directors Which would be Tallon, Myself and other consistent uploaders.

and then have

Boardsie CoD uploads

For people wanting to show off a few of their games, clips, montages and stuff they enjoy.

And if there is someone who is beginning to upload a lot I guess the Moderators could ask them to start posing in Boards Directors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

AGB_Ghost wrote: »

and then have

Boardsie CoD uploads

For people wanting to show off a few of their games, clips, montages and stuff they enjoy.

And if there is someone who is beginning to upload a lot I guess the Moderators could ask them to start posing in Boards Directors.

If ye think ye're gonna get paid for being "Boards Directors".....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

theres not a thing wrong with just one thread , basically whats being said is 1 thread for the noobs and one for the special people , give over :p

fjsanchez wrote: »
    If ye think ye're gonna get paid for being "Boards Directors".....

One can only dream. <3 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

AGB_Ghost wrote: »

and then have

Boardsie CoD uploads

That'd be too much, and a bit pretentious. This thread is grand. Best thing the mods could of done considering their options.

• Advertisement

I liked the idea that tallon suggested about creating a sub forum for the vids think that would help quite alot

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

We are under restraints somewhat as to what we can do. I can hold my hands up and say I'am personally against the idea of a sub-forum but without going to far into detail I can also add that I have already inquired as to whether it could be a solution and it isn't. It understandably isn't.

Some people are victims(too strong of a word but you get the point) of what is going on I understand that, but while it was manageable oh say a year or two ago it simply isn't viable option now having individual threads. People over time have joined the forum only to benefit for themselves in getting views and not contribute to the forum,and sorry to be frank here, but registering only so to be able to post vids for views is not contributing whatsoever... IMHO. Actually one of my pet hates re: the forum.

WE do not want the forum being dominated by vids which it inevitably what will happen with MW3's release around the corner. There will be advantages and disadvantages to whatever we choose. Let's not kid ourselves, people are looking out for themselves here BUT I can safely we are not. We are looking at the forum in the long run nothing more. Let's not forget 2 mods here own HD PVR's too so it's no us vs vid uploaders :)

What we propose is locking this thread as well as the Post your pic and vid thread and starting over fresh, having both a Random video thread and a Boards video thread much like it is now. Mod note being the OP. This is the most logical and simple solution. It is not something we just thought of out of the blue btw, I have discussed this a good few times with Shammy and Lee via PM.

I think people should at least give it a chance, and if post-MW3 release it's not working we'll review the situation. We were intending to anyway.

Just a little note. Been ill for most of the past week and out last night, so when I get home later I'll try and get this sorted by tonight or at the latest, the end of this weekend. No football this weekend too, so no real distractions :pac:

So if you have any vids you'd like to post, please hold off till the new thread(s) are up. The OP will contain one or two brief guidelines. hence why
    a mod is best off creating it.

Sounds fine to me :) and i know i havnt been to active myself in this forum and mainly have been just posting vids and i know it may seem like im doing it just to get views but i can honestly tell you thats not my intention at all. I support the irish commuintiy alot on youtube and will start supporting this forum more and get more active on it as well so i do apologise if it seems like iv been view whoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

i think ade has a good point.

the forum could just be over run youtube videos.While I'll generally look at a regular poster who puts up their clips(like tallon although his minecraft vids bore the tits of me:pac::pac:)and not look at a randomer who might not be genuine and just looking for hits ,I think it could become too elite with newcomers not being welcomed and as a whole the forum would suffer.

As it is I love the sunshine and looly pop threads,the hate threads and all the other various threads on class set ups etc.

Having said that i dont think a sub forum would affect traffic much because the regular users watch clips AND post in other threads as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Sounds fine to me :) and i know i havnt been to active myself in this forum and mainly have been just posting vids and i know it may seem like im doing it just to get views but i can honestly tell you thats not my intention at all. I support the irish commuintiy alot on youtube and will start supporting this forum more and get more active on it as well so i do apologise if it seems like iv been view whoring.

no thats fine.get involved.dont keep your waffle to your gameplay commentaries(:pac:),post in other threads and play a few games with the lads and you'll be fine.

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    no thats fine.get involved.dont keep your waffle to your gameplay commentaries(:pac:),post in other threads and play a few games with the lads and you'll be fine.

ha id say ya might regret it cus i can waffle like mad haha :) have my ps3 name up there on the list so if any of ye are on for a few games let me know :)

Ah don't worry about it, I'm just rambling. Contributing to the forum under normal circumstances is all well and dandy but maybe it's just me, but if I were uploading content on Youtube. I wouldn't expect people to give a toss about my vids if I'm not contributing to the forum too if you get me. That's my outlook on it, others are different though perhaps.

Be it yourself or others, perhaps you'd get more views if you contributed to the forum is all. Some logic in that I hope.

___

Anywhoo, gonna close this thread now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement