Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Scratch the aftershave request, just received a boat load in belated Xmas pressies, Will look to pick up some balms and blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭GD

zAbbo - you could do worse than the TOBS Sandalwood Gift Set for about 20 euros. Shave Cream and After Shave Gel.

The gel is lovely - got compliments on it from my mother in law (82), my missus (age a secret) and my daughter (12) so it certainly is a classic scent ...

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Taylors-of-Old-Bond-St-Sandalwood-Gift-Set.html

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

How long is the sale for? I don't want to order anything while I'm away, in case the Post Office send it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

oscarBravo wrote: »
    How long is the sale for? I don't want to order anything while I'm away, in case the Post Office send it back.
    Until the end of Jan.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Until the end of Jan.

Nice one, lets hope you get a few things back in stock before then :)

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    Yeah, Should have stock levels back to normal by mid January along with some new stuff.

Yup, just in time for my birthday :)

@shaving.ie I'm sure the Floid aftershaves are great, and huge manly bottles too - but have you thought about providing samplers (<5ml) ?, would be great to try a few out then stock up :)

zAbbo wrote: »
    Yup, just in time for my birthday :)

@shaving.ie I'm sure the Floid aftershaves are great, and huge manly bottles too - but have you thought about providing samplers (<5ml) ?, would be great to try a few out then stock up :)
    Yes. Floid sample vials will be available in the comming weeks along with some others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Do my eyes decieve me or is floid back in stock :-), putting an order in straight away, only heard good things about it from b&b and a couple other places.

Just got these today, cheers mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Just ordered there from shaving.ie

Got the Merkur Futur Razor and one or two other bits and pieces. First proper razor. Excited? Yes, yes i am :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Yes. Floid sample vials will be available in the comming weeks along with some others.

Hi, do you have any idea when the Merkur Progress Long Handle wil be back in stock.
    Cheers

Hi, do you have any idea when the Merkur Progress Long Handle wil be back in stock.
    Cheers
    They are due in next Friday all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Will wrote: »
    Just ordered there from shaving.ie

Got the Merkur Futur Razor and one or two other bits and pieces. First proper razor. Excited? Yes, yes i am :D

I got the futur a few weeks back and don't think I'll ever go back to fusion, the advise I got was to let the weight of the razor do all the work, fantastic bit of kit when you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭seosamh

Great that the site still looks Christmasy - 12 days is not enough!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

that TOBS shaving cream is a whole lot easier to lather than proraso, nicer smell too! lemon and lime arrived last week

The whole lot was just delivered about 5 mins ago. Even got some blades thrown in for free. Thanks to the guys at shaving.ie :)

Off for my first shave now with the stuff. Will see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I need to get my order in. Just got a nice surprise in work yesterday so now I have a bit of cash to play with. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Dord wrote: »
    I need to get my order in. Just got a nice surprise in work yesterday so now I have a bit of cash to play with. :D

Not another bonus, recession where are you :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

The whole lot was just delivered about 5 mins ago. Even got some blades thrown in for free. Thanks to the guys at shaving.ie :)

Off for my first shave now with the stuff. Will see how it goes

What did you order Will?

MediaTank wrote: »
    Not another bonus, recession where are you :eek:

What recession? :confused:

(ignoring it seems to be working! :pac:)

• Advertisement

MediaTank wrote: »
    What did you order Will?
    Feather Hi Stainless Platinum Razor Blades
    Proraso Shaving Soap Bowl
    Merkur Futur Razor
    Muhle Pure Badger Nickel Mirror Shaving Brush

Just after my shave now. Didn't do much damage at all for a first try, was expecting it to be a lot worse. Think I shoulda lathered the soap a lot more. However, in saying that, best shave ever. Face feels refreshed and note sore at all. The proraso stuff is lovely. Nice smooth shave.

Can't wait for my next shave tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Just after my shave now. Didn't do much damage at all for a first try, was expecting it to be a lot worse. Think I shoulda lathered the soap a lot more. However, in saying that, best shave ever. Face feels refreshed and note sore at all. The proraso stuff is lovely. Nice smooth shave.

Congratulations on surviving a first attempt using a Feather.

The whole experience gets better and better.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

another suggestion for shaving.ie, I know you have an RSS feed but how about updates of new products/offers via twitter?

another suggestion for shaving.ie, I know you have an RSS feed but how about updates of new products/offers via twitter?

He could use an RSS to twitter program for that. http://twitterfeed.com/

First couple of shaves I've had have been good too, very important to lather up. Good video's here

Dord wrote: »
    He could use an RSS to twitter program for that. http://twitterfeed.com/

Not much worked involved in that, might do that for my own photoblog :)

[EDIT]...just set it up for my photoblog at barrysomers.ie and @cabaal on twitter, works great and piss easy setup :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭12bore

I got a box of loot in the post today, very quick service, thanks.

Included was a cut of P160. I have pressed this in to a bowl, just wondering if you need to keep it covered or not. Does it dry out? The smell is a bit...different.

12bore wrote: »
    I got a box of loot in the post today, very quick service, thanks.

Included was a cut of P160. I have pressed this in to a bowl, just wondering if you need to keep it covered or not. Does it dry out? The smell is a bit...different.
    It should be ok if it is being used regularly enough. It seems to have no problems staying soft when left uncovered.

Not much worked involved in that, might do that for my own photoblog :)

[EDIT]...just set it up for my photoblog at barrysomers.ie and @cabaal on twitter, works great and piss easy setup :)
    I have set up my Twitter account:)... I never quite got the hang of it in the past so the twitterfeed seems like it will make things easier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Link please!!

Advertisement