Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Recommendations for any tablet based supplements? Not a huge fan of the milkshake approach, although it has worked for me in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭alder

yeo brian.
    comparing to others protein drinks, it's quite cheap. i trust Trec. been with them for a while ;)

GrumPy wrote: »
    Recommendations for any tablet based supplements? Not a huge fan of the milkshake approach, although it has worked for me in the past.

uhm, u can get BCAA in tablets. but it's not enough. prolly shakes are best. u can mix em with water instead of milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

GrumPy wrote: »

Eggs are like really big protein tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Eggs are like really big protein tablets.

LOL :D

+1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

how many grams of protein are in thw white part of an egg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Has anyone tried the Maxi-milk from maximuscle?? http://www.maximuscle.ie/maximilk

In Holland & Barrett stores their on offer, buy one get another half price, €2.99 each, so works out a €4.50 for 2.

They'd be handy to have in the car or as part of a packed lunch when you dont want to bring a shaker with you.

I think ill buy a few and see what their like, no doubt the taste will be rank anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

Anyone try this stuff? They have free delivery on orders over €100 and a free box of protein bars with some orders.

http://kinetica-sport.shop.venda.com/engine/shop/index.html

Pavel66 wrote: »
    Anyone try this stuff? They have free delivery on orders over €100 and a free box of protein bars with some orders.

http://kinetica-sport.shop.venda.com/engine/shop/index.html
    Complete rip off.

€54.99 for 2.27kg of whey.

Shocking prices, stay well clear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

hi im gonna buy a protein shake next week but when looking their is sooooo many different kinds that would do different things and i have no clue whats best for me, maby you can tell me...

ive started weights and situps and jogging etc...i am very thin and need no weight loss just a big of mass and muscle so ve not to worry about lsoing weight...what kind would be best for me?...oh and im not trying to get TOO big like a bouncer i just wana fill out a bit and tone myself.

it would help me out alot if i knew what one to actualy buy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

The first thing you need to realise is that protein powders are just supplements and will offer no extra benefits that real food proteins such as eggs,beef,fish,cottage cheese,and chicken provide.The are good when you need something quick or dont have time to prep real food.

The main types of protein supplements sold are wheyand casein,whey comes in 2 forms whey concentrate and whey isolate, these are both similar with the isolate being the purer and better quality protein.

Whey protein is digested by the body very quicky so its best consumed immediately after a tough weight training workout with some simple carbs, like dextrose, OJ or 1 or 2 bananas will work fine too.

a very popular whey brand is ON Whey

Casein is a slow digesting protein,it forms a gel in the gut and has a slow release effect from the cut, this is best consumed as the last meal before bed because your body is about to head into an 8 hour or so fast,the slow release effect helps keep your muscles getting nutrients overnight,there are commercial blands but a tub of lowfat cottage cheese is basically all casein and that mixed with some nuts or a little fruit is a good meal before bed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

All protein is pretty much the same really..

A regular 80% whey protein + lots of food's probably ya need. Pretty simply really...It's not easy tho ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

The first thing you need to realise is that protein powders are just supplements and will offer no extra benefits that real food proteins such as eggs,beef,fish,cottage cheese,and chicken provide.The are good when you need something quick or dont have time to prep real food.

The main types of protein supplements sold are wheyand casein,whey comes in 2 forms whey concentrate and whey isolate, these are both similar with the isolate being the purer and better quality protein.

Whey protein is digested by the body very quicky so its best consumed immediately after a tough weight training workout with some simple carbs, like dextrose, OJ or 1 or 2 bananas will work fine too.

a very popular whey brand is ON Whey

Casein is a slow digesting protein,it forms a gel in the gut and has a slow release effect from the cut, this is best consumed as the last meal before bed because your body is about to head into an 8 hour or so fast,the slow release effect helps keep your muscles getting nutrients overnight,there are commercial blands but a tub of lowfat cottage cheese is basically all casein and that mixed with some nuts or a little fruit is a good meal before bed.

yep i just dont think i eat enough protein like i will just get a regular one thanks for the help everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 an_toglach

Hey guys,

First of all I'm a newbie and I hope I'm posting this in the right section, it is in regards to supplements!

The thing is I'm currently taking two scoops of whey protein twice daily, however lately I'v been thinking about starting on a lean gain supplement.

My question is if I were to start on the lean gain shakes how would this effect me taking whey protein?
    Would I still take the whey shakes as normal or would I cut them out altogether?

Sorry if its a stupid question!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

an_toglach wrote: »
    Hey guys,

First of all I'm a newbie and I hope I'm posting this in the right section, it is in regards to supplements!

The thing is I'm currently taking two scoops of whey protein twice daily, however lately I'v been thinking about starting on a lean gain supplement.

My question is if I were to start on the lean gain shakes how would this effect me taking whey protein?
    Would I still take the whey shakes as normal or would I cut them out altogether?

Thanks

What's in a "lean gain" shake??

"Lean" gains are muscle, which is what every guy seems to want. Whey is pretty much perfect for that.

To be honest, if you were to ask me the things least likely to effect your gains, I'd probably say the type of protein you're taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

an_toglach wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thanks

to answer that with any accuracy we would need your current stats, goals, full diet and exercise / training routine

Esse85 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Maxi-milk from maximuscle?? http://www.maximuscle.ie/maximilk

In Holland & Barrett stores their on offer, buy one get another half price, €2.99 each, so works out a €4.50 for 2.

They'd be handy to have in the car or as part of a packed lunch when you dont want to bring a shaker with you.

I think ill buy a few and see what their like, no doubt the taste will be rank anyway!

I bought a strawberry and a chocolate flavour one of these and they actually taste lovely. Their not the biggest at 330ml but there's 34g of protein in them, Im gonna buy a couple more of these to have as convenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Anyone here on CEE Tablets? What ones? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

I am new to supplements and i got recomended cyclone, what do you guys think. I do a bit of weights and cardio just to tone up and gain some musccle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Just bought the following from my protein.

180 CEE tablets
    2.5kg vitargo
    Thermopure tabs
    3 tubs of 5lbs whey protein (cookies and cream, banana cream and chocolate mint)
    1kg of L-Leucine on the recommendation of Dan John
    creastorm
    protein flapjacks x 2 boxes
    couple of shakers
    beef jerky x 5

used your referral code Hanley.

Swizz wrote: »
    Anyone here on CEE Tablets? What ones? Any good?
    I was using bulkpowder.co.uk

Just bought the following from my protein.

180 CEE tablets
    2.5kg vitargo
    Thermopure tabs
    3 tubs of 5lbs whey protein (cookies and cream, banana cream and chocolate mint)
    1kg of L-Leucine on the recommendation of Dan John
    creastorm
    protein flapjacks x 2 boxes
    couple of shakers
    beef jerky x 5

used your referral code Hanley.

You fcuking ledge. Cheers dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I also recently used yours too. Only a 5lb tester tub though. Although it could be like the free sample drug dealers give, the first step to addiction.

Pay back for all the info/advice I've gotten directly/indirectly from you.

Sangre wrote: »
    I also recently used yours too. Only a 5lb tester tub though. Although it could be like the free sample drug dealers give, the first step to addiction.

Pay back for all the info/advice I've gotten directly/indirectly from you.

I love this karma stuff. Thanks again guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Any one use Creapure from myprotein?

Brendygg wrote: »
    Any one use Creapure from myprotein?

Creapure's just the brand name of the highest quality creatine monohydrate you can get. Gonna be the same wherever you get it, so just get the cheapest you can find!! Myprotein's good for delivery and customer service tho. £12 for 500g's good value.

there's a Creapure of Trec as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Myprotein got any pre-training NO Shotgun type products?

I've bought their whey and various carbs and it's been very good, so would be willing to try some of their more "complicated" stuff.

• Advertisement

have a look for NO-xplode which is banned in ROI but good as people say

Advertisement