Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion [Happy New Year]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

whitemocha wrote: »
    i think weather man is really aka owenc !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah no !! did Owen fall out with us ????:eek::eek: Shocking stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 weather_man

snow ghost wrote: »
    A real snow fall is when you can make a proper snowman out of it.

Exactly !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

jenzz wrote: »

yep gone off on his sleigh not to return:D;)

:D
    Go up to the Dublin or Wicklow Mountains then if you want real snow !

I am very happy with what I got on NYE and its still hanging around which makes me even more happy , and I would be even happier again if I got it again this week !

We got enough to halt our half of the town... When I cant get the car up the drive its proper snow ! & on NYE I got proper snow ....... Dying to get up to Glencullen ......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

snow ghost wrote: »
    It will be snowmageddon in Mayo tomorrow... I saw the crows doing strange things to the seagulls. :eek:

Yup..heard that before. When crows wings begin to freeze, they just hitch a ride on a seagulls tail. Sure sign of cold, snowy weather.

525848320_a7791b7a65.jpg?v=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Road covered again.... Moderate lol

Yep, more of a covering than i actually expected with it being so light!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Not quite , A few words from WC led him to the error of his ways, although there is no doubt he will be back in the morn !

To be fair to the lad he has been a regular contributor to the forum since the beginning of this cold phase .

whitemocha wrote: »
    yep gone off on his sleigh not to return:D;)

God..... I must have been washing my hair then to miss that one lol

What Page do I need to go back & read from lol

Not quite , A few words from WC led him to the error of his ways, although there is no doubt he will be back in the morn !

To be fair to the lad he has been a regular contributor to the forum since the beginning of this cold phase .

Is it gonna snow in my back garden today ?? Is it is it ??

Wheres yer man from Limerick gone? Is it gonna snow in limerick tonight ?? lol

trogdor wrote: »
    Yep, more of a covering than i actually expected with it being so light!

Will ye lep over the harbour & see can I do flares yet ??? Dyin to do the flares lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

Murphdog94 wrote: »
    Where in Rathfarnham are you compsys?

Stonepark Abbey off the Grange Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

Not a flake of snow here in Knocklyon despite compsys reporting a good covering and snow still falling not 1km down the road in Rathfarnham!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Duiske wrote: »
    Yup..heard that before. When crows wings begin to freeze, they just hitch a ride on a seagulls tail. Sure sign of cold, snowy weather.
    Are you being serious or just kidding around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Light dusting here, started as graupel, moved to small flakes and is now just light stuff blowing in whatever wind is around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I didnt think people were expecting snow tonight?
    Any for donegal on the way?

compsys wrote: »
    Stonepark Abbey off the Grange Road.

OK i'm actually about 4km from you.... But still......
    I want more Snow!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Duiske wrote: »

525848320_a7791b7a65.jpg?v=0

Strange but true Duiske! lol And today I saw more seagulls giving crows piggybacks than anytime before. :D:D:D

Still going here:) looking more an dmore winter like..roads are gonna be lethal here again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Pangea wrote: »
    Are you being serious or just kidding around ?

Forgot to put a smilie on the end of that :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Still going here:) looking more an dmore winter like..roads are gonna be lethal here again tomorrow

Anyone got a sneaky pic to wet the appetite ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭WorriedSick

Keep the updates coming Trogdor, I have to drive to Shankill from Wexford in a few hours! ;)

Keep the updates coming Trogdor, I have to drive to Shankill from Wexford in a few hours! ;)

That is 1 poxy drive ..... Its coming down the way it did on NYE here. Path around house starting to coat which Im surprised at with heat of the house. Slide, table, car & roads ( my key very important indicators lol) all covered . Oh & the dog wont go out !!
    Would say the main route would be fine though - No where near enough for disruption.. but lovely all the same:D

Anyone got a sneaky pic to wet the appetite ?
    Not much, but looks nice. Itensity's actually picking up a bit again as i type:)
    100779.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭WorriedSick

sounds nice.. hopefully its a sign of things to come! NYE was amazing, I had friends who were stranded on Bray Seafront, Taxis not running, it isn't very often that happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Very light dusting here.
    Sounds like the snow is hitting a 5km circle around me, even at lower levels!! :mad:

Feckin' weather man.
    At least what has fallen is sticking, despite the ground being wet from the thaw.

sounds nice.. hopefully its a sign of things to come! NYE was amazing, I had friends who were stranded on Bray Seafront, Taxis not running, it isn't very often that happens!

I know who had to come off road about 11- spun around on the road twice & hes a skilled driver ..... be careful anyway coming up in morning....

Not much, but looks nice. Itensity's actually picking up a bit again as i type:)
    100779.JPG

Thats lovely - im on an iPhone & cant get the pics off it - Ill find the camera tomo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

I know who had to come off road about 11- spun around on the road twice & hes a skilled driver ..... be careful anyway coming up in morning....

Yep be careful, even Kimi can make mistakes ;)

Got any snow Rougies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Think it's time for a new thread for the event or non-event this coming week, Getting a bit crowed in here well over the 1000 post mark!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement