Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What weird late night activities you up to? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Shitting a brick about a 2,500 word essay due by four tomorrow (of which I have 1583 very, very bad words done), and a 20 minute presentation I have to do at 11 (which means I have to go into town when shops open, buy a disc to save a powerpoint thingie to and then use powerpoint for the first time in about three years).

Actually, if I want to buy a disc that I can save a powerpoint presentation to, what will it say in big shiny letters on the front of that disc? Coz if I buy the wrong one I'm fairly screwed.

What has you up at this rotten hour?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Essay should be fine, you have a good ****ty base to work off. Try writing 3500 on dublin bikes for pain! What do you say! :)
    A cd or a dvd will work fine, also I suggest just emailing it to yourself and downloading it on the computer you will be using instead. You can probably also get some sort of usb stick in a 2e store? Discs are a thing of the past. I'm just thinking and browsing, sleep now! Best of luck tomorrow electro~work.

Sleep is for the WEAK! I'm going to be up until 4pm :( Sleep well though

I would do all those very sensible things but I have to give the presentation on a disc to the lecturer. Bloody module is a pain in the arse, twenty minute presentation is only worth 1 or 2 credits (out of 60 for the year).

You'll feel great at 4 though when you collapse! I see your lecturer is in the stone age. :p Creating work for themselves getting those cds. Think I have 60 for the year too, amybe another 30 for dissertation, and well, I've done about 10 presentations so far, up too an hour in length and get **** all! College eh! nn

• Advertisement

I'll tell him you said that :P this is the first presentation I've ever had to do in college, it's going to be terrible. Having been to only one of the lectures doesn't help either, I doubt he's going to be doing me any favours...ah well, this time ten hours and ten minutes I'll be conked out in bed I guess!

Jeez, hour long presentations? Sickner! I'm only doing a bloody arts degree though, I was told it was a doss and I'd never have to do anything. I was lied to! I have to do loads of stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Did you ever get mcdonalds chips and dip them in a mcflurry? It's lovely :) Actually the chip and ice-cream combo in general is very nice, that's not even a good example of it.

pregnant? :P

You area star for making em teh desktop. :D

no problemo my darling, and thank YOU so much for doing the dishes, actually really helped me this morn, i was in a mad rush and panicking, realised i had to still make alicias lunch, then i was like ah **** her lunch box isnt washed >>>PANIC<<<
    then... instant calm when i saw you had washed it.

DANKE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Mellor wrote: »
    Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.
    hmmn, i think that's some sort of plastic. learnt about it in a polmers course anyhow. odd that it's being put in chips, but sure, with the rest in the ingredients, who's surprised?

Mind if we put all the McD stuff in it's own thread so people looking for info on it might easily find it?

maameeo wrote: »
    pregnant? :P

:eek:

• Advertisement

Something ridiculously nice that I didn't deserve just happened to me there :) I'm going to be lovely to everyone for at least a week or quite possibly for ever, good deeds all over the place! Random acts of kindness coming out of my ears! If anyone wants a favour now is definitely the time to ask :p

Something ridiculously nice that I didn't deserve just happened to me there smile.gif I'm going to be lovely to everyone for at least a week or quite possibly for ever, good deeds all over the place! Random acts of kindness coming out of my ears! If anyone wants a favour now is definitely the time to ask tongue.gif

Ok now I think the universe is definitely telling me something

Something ridiculously nice that I didn't deserve just happened to me there :) I'm going to be lovely to everyone for at least a week or quite possibly for ever, good deeds all over the place! Random acts of kindness coming out of my ears! If anyone wants a favour now is definitely the time to ask :p

Favour PMed...SEXUAL FAVOUR

Pres ok then?

So my charger broke, I make a post asking where I can buy one and straight away somebody posts that she will give me hers. She turns up at trinity and gives me two chargers in a package! Fun to open, it was wrapped like pass the parcel. <3 boards and people sometimes. hehe

Ok now I think the universe is definitely telling me something

it may be telling you that some people are a bit la-la perhaps :/

So my charger broke, I make a post asking where I can buy one and straight away somebody posts that she will give me hers. She turns up at trinity and gives me two chargers in a package! Fun to open, it was wrapped like pass the parcel. <3 boards and people sometimes. hehe

Frigg it why can't I be tar. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Because his hair never stays in one place? He may just be too much to handle? Awesomeness is a thing not to be trifled with:P I is watching Zatoichi right now:D

*flutters eyelashes*
    *shifts hair about*

just had icecream made in front of my eyes, they poured in liquid nitrogen, was pretty cold! and delicious! Froze before ice particles could form above the nano level apparantly. part of an experiment they are doing to seed clouds with flavours, Maybe it will snow icecream one day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭shinysiren

Ice cream wouldn't all that amazing, plus, it's cold.

I don't really like ice-cream. :(

Time to get my drink on I reckon :D

• Advertisement

*flutters eyelashes*
    *shifts hair about*

just had icecream made in front of my eyes, they poured in liquid nitrogen, was pretty cold! and delicious! Froze before ice particles could form above the nano level apparantly. part of an experiment they are doing to seed clouds with flavours, Maybe it will snow icecream one day ;)

Why did you get to do this? :(

Anyone wanna come out tomorrow night?
    I wanna get my drink on too!

There has been an icecream van in college for like two weeks, the hottties at the stand get poeple to eat their icecream and have guest speakers talk about nanotechnology and things. woop!

I'm going iceskating tomorrow and then we will drink! Possibly in teh pav in trinity and then in town. Also have two of my friends in an art exhibition 6-10pm so will be calling into that as well.
    Boardsies welcome to all of it :p

alicia is having her little operation 2moro, im kinda upset worrying bout it but i know shell be fine.
    so ill probably be away from internet land till sat as ill be sitting by her bed in hosp :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Oh hope it's nothing serious. Good lurk in hospital all the same. I remember thinking hospitals were great when I was younger. Now I hate the **** out of them.

Hope all goes well maameeo!

shes just gettin her adenoids out, really small op, i know shell be ok but iv got that mommy protector thing goin on :/
    ill let yez know how we get on. i hope to god they have wifi, ill go crazy watching her sleep :(

thanks for the well wishes guys :)

lisa - "mmm coconut mallow thingy... did u have one paul?"
    Paul - "yes"
    lisa - "but i tot u didnt like coconut?"
    paul - "i dont"
    lisa - "but its covered in coconut!!"
    paul - "it is"
    lisa - "fine conversation we just had"
    paul - "yes"

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Aye she'll be fine indeed, but i can understand that the mothering instinct is just too much:)

Between talking about ice cream and coconut...i'm either gonna go mad with jealousy, or just get a sandwich:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Best wishes you guys :)

• Advertisement

maameeo wrote: »
    lisa - "mmm coconut mallow thingy... did u have one paul?"
    Paul - "yes"
    lisa - "but i tot u didnt like coconut?"
    paul - "i dont"
    lisa - "but its covered in coconut!!"
    paul - "it is"
    lisa - "fine conversation we just had"
    paul - "yes"

So fulfilling I am!

Reminds me of when my mother rang me and my friends were sitting around me. We talked for about ten minutes. All I said in that time was, yes, yes, sitting down, goodbye.
    They laughed for so long.

orbitals.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement