Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Sorry but this is now getting annoying. I want to talk about acting, not sit there with people slobbering over a rubbish actor. If this is what the thread has become, count me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Ahhh not Lara!! I never warmed to her and last time all the facial expressions off cleo everytime her and Lara were in a scene together :rolleyes:

Hey wheres Yvonne gone? Infact loads of people seem to be missing lately. Im dying for the Paul Yvonne night of passion at Crazy chester to come out :D Dont get me wrong I hate seeing too much of Paul and Niamh but I think fair city needs some proper juice! Really didnt enjoy last week, mainly because I dont like Heather and Brendan so found the court case fairly tedious. Delighted Leo was back though, think hes my fave character him and Carol are great.

Yvonne, Connie & Louie are back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

:rolleyes: Hes nothing special, I dont see what all the fuss is about. I know the rest of the cast is fairly minging but jeez enough about the guy that got a 2 min part with a bad accent.

I'm with you on this, Johnny. Someone should take him aside and advise him to go bald, put on a few stone, and stick some pimples on his chin.

In fairness, though, I imagine that's his real accent.

angel01 wrote: »
    If this is what the thread has become, count me out.

I hope we don't lose you forever, Angel, but you do sound like you could use a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

We've had 2 reported posts from this thread this morning, and it all seems pretty childish to be honest. Get back on track please, or some people will be taking a break from the forum. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I think that the writers should have put in a small clip of Ray and Keith discussing the match on Wednesday night - would have been nice to see.

I don't get the "toaster" storyline at all I don't find it entertaining.

deelite wrote: »
    I think that the writers should have put in a small clip of Ray and Keith discussing the match on Wednesday night - would have been nice to see.

I love when soaps do that. I'd say a few of the writers will have a go at the French team during the actual World Cup, but that's not the same. There's something very cool about soap characters referring to current Irish events.

I think I agree with you about the toaster, by the way. I just can't see where they're going with it. They're hardly going to electrocute a second character so soon after Mike, but I can't think of anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

I hope we don't lose you forever, Angel, but you do sound like you could use a break.

I dont think Angel needs a break, shes a massive fan and contributes loads on this thread. I can see where shes coming from Re this Avi guy, maybe start a thread for him and discuss him solely there?? I dont think reporting was necessary though, its always the same few posting here so if we have stuff to say to each other were all big boys and girls ;)

Now back on track, anyone wanna help me get a few digs in on Charlie Kelly ;)??

As much as I dislike Dean, Im looking forward to the love triangle but lads my skybox cut off the end of thrusday, what happened?? After Treacy dropped the plate?? Thanks!

As much as I dislike Dean, Im looking forward to the love triangle but lads my skybox cut off the end of thrusday, what happened?? After Treacy dropped the plate?? Thanks!

There was an awkward pause between them - I think Dean put his hand on her leg in a kind of charged, but not overtly sexual, way. Then Kylie walked in chattering about nothing, and the moment died.

I think that was also the evening Renee helped Brendan sneak onto the ferry. I miss the Player. There's so much happening these days that missing three minutes is actually a big deal.

While I disagree with you about Dean, I think the character has floundered a big since Troy left. He's someone I'd love to see back.

There was an awkward pause between them - I think Dean put his hand on her leg in a kind of charged, but not overtly sexual, way. Then Kylie walked in chattering about nothing, and the moment died.

I think that was also the evening Renee helped Brendan sneak onto the ferry. I miss the Player. There's so much happening these days that missing three minutes is actually a big deal.

While I disagree with you about Dean, I think the character has floundered a big since Troy left. He's someone I'd love to see back.

Cheers.

Yea it was the same night, I saw where Heathers car got searched and just assumed Brendan had got away. God Im hating my sky box lately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Cheers.

Yea it was the same night, I saw where Heathers car got searched and just assumed Brendan had got away. God Im hating my sky box lately!

Renée drove Brendan to the ferry and while she distracted the Harbour Policeman, Brendan sneaked out of the car and went to the ferry.

I still love Deegan the Delectable....

Alice1 wrote: »
    I still love Deegan the Delectable....

Meeja folds his kimono and fades off into the night. Did a tear glisten on his wind-reddened cheek? Who can say, Alice? Who can say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

Dont go Angel!! I love your posts on here! You are a valued poster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Now back on track, anyone wanna help me get a few digs in on Charlie Kelly ;)??

The best I can is that he is a rogue; i dont want to be hard on the man; he's just lost his wife. Interesting that Terry hasnt been around since he came back.

I'd have conflicting views on Troy returning. On one hand; it'd be great to see a proper relationship between himself and Leo without Deans interference; however if he did come back, we'd probably be subjected to more of Kylie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

Cheers.

On my ntl digital I always set the box to record 5 minutes extra at the start and end of the programme. I imagine you can probably do the same on your sky box....?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I wonder do the Fair City script writers ever read what is said on here. If they do, can i ask them the next time they see a while car with flashing blue lights on top, to note what it says on the side. When the actors talk about THE POLICE it drives me man. We have Gardai in Ireland, one member of the Gardai been a GARDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

On my ntl digital I always set the box to record 5 minutes extra at the start and end of the programme. I imagine you can probably do the same on your sky box....?

Didn't realise I could do that, just updated the new setting on my Sky Box.... thanks so much for the info.

Didn't realise I could do that, just updated the new setting on my Sky Box.... thanks so much for the info.

How do you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Deise Tom wrote: »
    How do you do it.

Eh, think you go into tv guide, to the services tab on the top (or whatever the 3rd from the left is called) and then into Sky + Settings (or something similar to that on the list) and then you'll see the option to add minutes before and after a recording.
    I'll post more accurate instructions tomorrow when I have the sky box in front of me, but if you can make sense of the above, work away.

Guys thanx a mil didnt know you could do that!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

ARRRRAAAGH!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Heather and Renee are driving me crazy!! I wish i had a fast forward to get through their bits. I miss that about the rteplayer. Love Cass and Charliee, although what the blazes was all that stuff about the hotdogs about?
    The Love triangle is heating up!! :D. TBH i dont blame Dean for going after Tracey. Kylie and her high pitched voice would drive me over the edge. Tracey seems better suited to him. Dean looked Gorge tonight. I love his relationship with Leo. Its so sweet!:o They have a typical Father and Son love that they never admit to, but its there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Has Dean shagged Tracey yet?

JaneyP wrote: »
    Dean looked Gorge tonight. I love his relationship with Leo. Its so sweet!:o They have a typical Father and Son love that they never admit to, but its there.

I agree with you. Even as Leo is moving in on Tracey, Dean can't help being amused by him. In some ways it seems that Dean is the sober responsible one, and Leo is the haphazard adolescent.

Still, I'd say there's trouble ahead whoever ends up with Tracey.

JP Liz wrote: »
    Has Dean shagged Tracey yet?

Dont think so, but guess when he does, he will be like the Durecell Bunny, going on and on and on lol

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Yeah I wish Dean and Tracey would just get together! I didn't know Kylie and Dean were together, I thought they were just mates!

0002c67b-545.jpg

Tuesday November 24th

Heathers nerves are rattled when Ellie receives a letter.
    Suzanne is more than suspicious of Yvonne and quizzes Louie.
    Paul and Niamh try to remain optimistic even when the chips are down.

0002c67d-545.jpg

Wednesday November 25th

Suzanne shows the Dalys no mercy in Vinos.
    Christy gives Leo some love advice.
    Dean blurts out those three little words.

0002c67f-545.jpg

Thursday November 26th

Dolores is less than keen to let Robert continue to teach Jane.
    Tracey and Dean have a ren des vouz unbeknownst to anyone.
    Bob's selfishness causes him and Renee to bicker again

0002c682-545.jpg

Sunday November 29th

In Vinos Connie and Yvonne make a big announcement much to some peoples disgust.
    Malachy acts as mediator between Cleo and Robert.
    Renee and Heather bid Carrigstown farewell.

Yvonnes face in that second pic above is priceless. I can only assume its to do with Brendans disappering act. Has she forgotten the time herself and Richard fled the country after knocking down that child whilst drunk.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Yvonnes face in that second pic above is priceless. I can only assume its to do with Brendans disappering act. Has she forgotten the time herself and Richard fled the country after knocking down that child whilst drunk.

The last one is great too. Louie looks like he's seen it all, and didn't like it the last time. Paul is fascinated but scared, like a kid who just sneaked into Disneyland.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

The first pic made me laugh for some reason... sorry, it's just asking for some sort of ridiculous caption. Are Renee and Heather bidding a permanent farewell??

Glad Yvonne's back, and that Robert's in it this week again -- what's he teaching Jane? The pic with them in it is pretty cute too.

But wtf about Dean telling Tracey he loves her?? A bit extreme, freaky even :confused: He barely knows her.

• Advertisement

Meller wrote: »
    But wtf about Dean telling Tracey he loves her?? A bit extreme, freaky even :confused: He barely knows her.

Maybe those aren't the three little words? My money's on "Leo has crabs."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement