Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

joey54 wrote: »
    Anyone know why fair city isn't available on the RTE player? Was hoping to catch up on my missed episodes now that I have a chance but there aren't any up.

istock_can-of-worms.jpg

From the Fair City website
    Trial period ends.
    Fair City is currently unavailable to view on RTÉ Player. The programme was available for catch up on RTÉ Player for a 7 day period for a trial period only. This trial period has been brought to an end. We look forward to this facility returning in the future.
    Fair City is currently broadcast on RTÉ One at 8pm on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings and the earlier time of 7.30pm on Wednesdays.
    Fair City is repeated at 3.30pm on RTÉ One, the day after broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Wheres Yvonne, Connie and co???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Linda_O

MaryCat! wrote: »
    It must be Fair City policy to have at least one laughably woejious bad actor on the books!! Catriona and Maureen seem to have gone. ENTER AVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!! My god he is so wooden!!
    Leo tonight with Sean was great

not the best actor I agree, but he's not bad.. still it's a soap. shame he was on for just a few minutes though -he should have at least showed some skin :)

I really think the producers need more goodlooking actors (umm, AVI!?) on the show... I would love it if something will happen between him and Kylie!
    okay what can i say... i'm in love!

anyone know who's the actor?????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Wow, It's as if Carrie21 and Linda_O are the same person or something!!! They remind me of someone else as well... hmmm, I wonder who that could be. Is there any way to just ignore certain members and not ever have to endure their posts? If so, please let me know...

And back on topic... Sky box missed the end of the episode again - it's getting extra annoying these days... Fairly sure I missed a good bit at the end... last bit I saw was just as Dean dropped the plate.
    Can someone fill me in on what happens next? Surely there was another scene with Brendan after that? I'm guessing Dean and Tracey kissed or something?

Wow, It's as if Carrie21 and Linda_O are the same person or something!!! They remind me of someone else as well... hmmm, I wonder who that could be. Is there any way to just ignore certain members and not ever have to endure their posts? If so, please let me know...

And back on topic... Sky box missed the end of the episode again - it's getting extra annoying these days... Fairly sure I missed a good bit at the end... last bit I saw was just as Dean dropped the plate.
    Can someone fill me in on what happens next? Surely there was another scene with Brendan after that? I'm guessing Dean and Tracey kissed or something?

carrie, are you coming over for coffee tomorrow? haven't seen you in ages sis!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

nellie07 wrote: »
    come on guys stir it up a bit, bring back Yvonne and her pregnancy, and get that Niamh going nuts, in case anyone missed it Niamh drives me absolutely crazy. which is probably a good sign of an actress.:D

Yvonne is back next week

Click their profile and then add to ignore list. :) Brendan left with Renee to get the boat. nothing happened with Dean & Tracey as Kylie walked in.

Heathers whimpering and 'fake' crying isnt great really is it! lol! think I prefer her on the tv ad in the sack race, shes gone a moany cow lately!

wheres duncan gone, my favourite little annoying reporter:confused:

I felt sorry for Heather :( and actually nearly cried myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Linda_O wrote: »
    not the best actor I agree, but he's not bad.. still it's a soap. shame he was on for just a few minutes though -he should have at least showed some skin :)

I really think the producers need more goodlooking actors (umm, AVI!?) on the show... I would love it if something will happen between him and Kylie!

I kinda of overlooked the acting too, hope he sticks around?? :p

He reminds me a little of Syed from Eastenders.

I really can't bear Kylie, she is such an annoying drip. What Dean sees in her, I don't know. Give me Dean & Tracey any day. Can't see him lasting too long with Kylie (what with his love of the older woman!!)

Can't wait for next week and the return of the gorgeous Louie :D:D

Cass had me laughing last night, very amusing character :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Epicurus wrote: »
    I dont think Duncan will be back anytime soon; if Orla has his job now; which i not sure of. Always thought there was great potential of a storyline where it arose that McAleer was his father.

That's a great idea. It would explain how indulgent he's been.

I don't think it's going to happen, though. Charlie asked Sarah a few nights ago about the paper being understaffed. They talked about hiring someone in, and neither of them even mentioned Duncan.

It's a pity. He was a fascinating character.

That's a great idea. It would explain how indulgent he's been.

I don't think it's going to happen, though. Charlie asked Sarah a few nights ago about the paper being understaffed. They talked about hiring someone in, and neither of them even mentioned Duncan.

It's a pity. He was a fascinating character.

A week or two ago, it was mentioned that Duncan was on holiday but whether he returns from the holiday is anyones guess :( I really liked Duncan.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

angel01 wrote: »
    Would be interesting if they brought Dominic back :eek: him and his sandwiches :D

He definitely won't be back!

Saw Lara in the canteen yesterday wearing a Hungry Pig uniform, she must come back and get a job!

Meller wrote: »
    I kinda of overlooked the acting too, hope he sticks around?? :p

He reminds me a little of Syed from Eastenders.
    Yeah, i thought so too. maybe something is planned to happen between him and Louie ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 dopes

yeah where is Duncan? he's a really interesting character, he annoys the hell out of me, but I think he is supposed to. I like the banter with him and Sarah.

As for Avi, ah he's only been in two episodes, it's not looking too exciting but will give him a chance.

This love triangle (Dean, Tracey & Kylie) looks interesting...I like those three actors a lot. Dont see how it can end well though...if Dominic finds out that something is going on with his wife and his daughters boyfriend just think how mad he'll be...no amount of sandwiches will calm him down :eek:

myxi wrote: »
    He definitely won't be back!

Saw Lara in the canteen yesterday wearing a Hungry Pig uniform, she must come back and get a job!

Aww, I liked him :( any news on Duncan?

Oh God.. I am not a fan of her :eek:

Yeah, i thought so too. maybe something is planned to happen between him and Louie ;)

Oh grow up :rolleyes:

Looks like Avi shall become a regular.

0002c502-545.jpg
    Baroch Haba Avi!

Avi Bar Lev is the new man on the Carrigstown road.

Avi hails from Haifa in Israel.

He gradated from DCU with a Degree in Engineering but is able to turn his hand to anything. Even a spot of flower arranging, which he picked up from his mother, who he moved to Dublin with, nine years ago. He is in Carrigstown to give Cass a helping hand.

Shalom Avi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Vixen RulZ!

hi,
    i watched the epi, and i thought it was brilliant!
    if i read correctly, the actor's name is: Asaf Goldfrid, and i googled him a little bit...
    he's a model/actor.
    and girls, lets face it... who cares??!!
    that dude is H-OOOOO-T!!!
    id love for him 2 repair my plumbing any day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Looks like Avi shall become a regular.

Baroch Haba Avi!

Even a spot of flower arranging, which he picked up from his mother, who he moved to Dublin with, nine years ago. He is in Carrigstown to give Cass a helping hand.

Shalom Avi!

Bet Jo wont be too happy to hear that. The "helping hand" is her baby.

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    Bet Jo wont be too happy to hear that. The "helping hand" is her baby.

Sorry this thread is now beginning to annoy me now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Avi may be good at fixing electric toasters but how is he at fixing gas ovens :D
    (puts on tin hat and waits for barrage of stones)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

AVI is divine!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Aww, I liked him :( any news on Duncan?

Oh God.. I am not a fan of her :eek:

No sign of Duncan I'm afraid, I'll keep a look out. Quiet enough this week in the canteen, not a lot of fair citiers about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

Looks like thats the end of Brendan is it?? I was warming to him lately! Thought he played the trial very well!
    I loved seeing Leo taking Sean under his wing, it was lovely!

Avi?? I dont see the attraction at all! He looks kinda sleazy to me. He isnt the greatest actor either. Why do fair city do that? Do they audition people at all?

JaneyP wrote: »
    Looks like thats the end of Brendan is it?? I was warming to him lately! Thought he played the trial very well!
    I loved seeing Leo taking Sean under his wing, it was lovely!

Avi?? I dont see the attraction at all! He looks kinda sleazy to me. He isnt the greatest actor either. Why do fair city do that? Do they audition people at all?
    Janey you should get new spectacles girl! "don't see the attraction" seriously, are you a really a dude?? How can you NOT see... Avi is by far the best thing that happened on faircity in a very long time!!!

Avi, bring it on hottie!!!! can't wait to see how the story line goes for him :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

Janey you should get new spectacles girl! "don't see the attraction" seriously, are you a really a dude?? How can you NOT see... Avi is by far the best thing that happened on faircity in a very long time!!!

Avi, bring it on hottie!!!! can't wait to see how the story line goes for him :D:D:D

Are you the actor's mum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Ahhh not Lara!! I never warmed to her and last time all the facial expressions off cleo everytime her and Lara were in a scene together :rolleyes:

Hey wheres Yvonne gone? Infact loads of people seem to be missing lately. Im dying for the Paul Yvonne night of passion at Crazy chester to come out :D Dont get me wrong I hate seeing too much of Paul and Niamh but I think fair city needs some proper juice! Really didnt enjoy last week, mainly because I dont like Heather and Brendan so found the court case fairly tedious. Delighted Leo was back though, think hes my fave character him and Carol are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Carrie21

AVI is divine!!!!!!!

Here’s what Irish equity website had to offer -
    pg_2109684970.jpg

Looks like RTE is looking to shake things up a bit over at Carrigstown... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Carrie21 wrote: »
    Here’s what Irish equity website had to offer -
    pg_2109684970.jpg

Looks like RTE is looking to shake things up a bit over at Carrigstown... :D

:rolleyes: Hes nothing special, I dont see what all the fuss is about. I know the rest of the cast is fairly minging but jeez enough about the guy that got a 2 min part with a bad accent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement