Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I didn't mind Avi, apart from the fact that he is annoyingly good-looking. I'd say it often takes people a few episodes to get the hang of it.

Leo is a great father-figure, isn't he? It's also very believable that Sean would be so freaked about anything medical, less that a year after his mother's death.

I loved Deegan last night interrogating Eleanor. "I'm just making conversation!"

Exactly agree about Leo & Sean.

Avi is ok.. still doesn't beat Louie :D:D

You're right. There are probably complexities involved that hadn't occurred to me. I think showing Irish stuff all around the wolds is a good aspiration, however. We are a pretty widespread nation.

It might even spark a demand that would enable RTE to sell them to broadcasters.

There may be rights issues, certainly, but they can't be insurmountable.

RTE show neighbours on TV but are not allowed show it on the RTE player. I don't see you up in arms about that?

Companies who produce this drama do not want their stuff broadcast online, they usually make it for that country only. Note the Iplayer/ITV player, it is only fair. Most countries only allow that country view their online stuff. How about you write a letter if you feel so strongly about it but you won't get anywhere ;)

That is what our tv license takes care of :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

angel01 wrote: »
    RTE show neighbours on TV but are not allowed show it on the RTE player. I don't see you up in arms about that?

Companies who produce this drama do not want their stuff broadcast online, they usually make it for that country only.

The company that produces Fair City is called RTE. They presumably have, or can obtain, the right to show it wherever they want.

The iPlayer policies of ITV and the BBC are irrelevant. I thought we were past the days of arguing that something is right simply because that's the way it's done in England.

The company that produces Fair City is called RTE. They presumably have, or can obtain, the right to show it wherever they want.

The iPlayer policies of ITV and the BBC are irrelevant. I thought we were past the days of arguing that something is right simply because that's the way it's done in England.

The way England does it is right to me. I am well aware of who produces it thank you :rolleyes: I am not that stupid.

It is not irrelevant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Companies who produce this drama do not want their stuff broadcast online, they usually make it for that country only. Note the Iplayer/ITV player, it is only fair. Most countries only allow that country view their online stuff. How about you write a letter if you feel so strongly about it but you won't get anywhere ;)

That is what our tv license takes care of :D

I watched Coronation Street on TV3 Website about two weeks ago.

• Advertisement

The way England does it is right to me.

Why do people always think the English are right in everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

RTE produces the programme but it was the actors guild who agreed to Fair City being shown on the iPlayer as a trial. Further agreement will no doubt have to be reached with them for it to go back on the Player!

myxi wrote: »
    RTE produces the programme but it was the actors guild who agreed to Fair City being shown on the iPlayer as a trial. Further agreement will no doubt have to be reached with them for it to go back on the Player!

I suppose it's only fair that the revenue should be split among the various people involved.

I hope they do it soon, though. It was a great resource, particularly for new viewers. I often emailed friends if there was a particularly good episode, or even a good performance. Anything to change their mind about the show.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I watched Coronation Street on TV3 Website about two weeks ago.

Thats cos TV3 have rights. You can't watch on ITV player, yes?

I suppose it's only fair that the revenue should be split among the various people involved.

I hope they do it soon, though. It was a great resource, particularly for new viewers. I often emailed friends if there was a particularly good episode, or even a good performance. Anything to change their mind about the show.

Well they can tune in the day after or record it and watch later? What did you do before it went on the RTE player?

• Advertisement

Well they can tune in the day after or record it and watch later? What did you do before it went on the RTE player?

I roamed the wild hills of Wicklow in a sorrel-green kimono, dispensing Kola Kubes to diabetic herdsmen and sleeping under a blanket of Daily Stars. Why do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

I roamed the wild hills of Wicklow in a sorrel-green kimono, dispensing Kola Kubes to diabetic herdsmen and sleeping under a blanket of Daily Stars. Why do you ask?

Wow such a self-less lifestyle I'm impressed! ;)

Fair City existed before the RTE player so you must have managed it before. I honestly don't know why this thread has become so bitchy. It isn't that friendly anymore.

Fair City existed before the RTE player so you must have managed it before. I honestly don't know why this thread has become so bitchy. It isn't that friendly anymore.

As to your point, I just don't understand it. Obviously I managed perfectly well before the show was available online. Equally obviously, its online availability allowed me to do things I couldn't do before. I don't know what you are finding in that to disagree with, but I think we've each made what points we have, and we should move on before everyone dies of boredom.

As to the tone of the thread, I think it doesn't need to be policed. It's a conversation, mostly about Fair City, among people who mostly like the show. If it does get out of hand, I trust the mods will step in. The rest of us should leave it to them.

Now, what does everyone think will happen with Kylie, Dean and Tracey? I would say we're in for a lovely soapy love triangle, but I also have a weird suspicion that Bob will get involved. A one-night stand with Tracey, maybe?

I should also add an apology if I seemed bitchy. It wasn't my intention, but that may well have been the effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Now, what does everyone think will happen with Kylie, Dean and Tracey? I would say we're in for a lovely soapy love triangle, but I also have a weird suspicion that Bob will get involved. A one-night stand with Tracey, maybe?

I dont think a Bob and Tracey one night stand would be great. If it had to happen, it would have been better for it to occur when her was her boss in McCoys. I also hope they dont go down that road of Tracey sleeping with every man that crosses her path, Dean/Bob/Leo.

Thats cos TV3 have rights. You can't watch on ITV player, yes?

I did not think of it that way. Good point.

No problem, we can move on no worries, maybe I took it up wrong.

I do think a love triangle is on the cards, God, can we please get rid of Kylie. Would be interesting if they brought Dominic back :eek: him and his sandwiches :D

Just saw this link: http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/revealed-how-rte-stars-like-grainne-and-ryan-ran-up-a-euro800000-bill-on-clothes-and-makeup--and-we-pay-tab-1946767.html

No wonder RTE are in a mess :eek:
    while the cast of Fair City were plucked and pruned for €5,286

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

I roamed the wild hills of Wicklow in a sorrel-green kimono, dispensing Kola Kubes to diabetic herdsmen and sleeping under a blanket of Daily Stars.

Oh Lord, now I am torn between Deegan the Delectable an' our friend Meeja wandering round Wicklow half dressed.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

Why does Charlie always scratch his ear! And why does Heather always cry? The mysteries of Fair City!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

Just realised that Eastenders is 25 years old this year! Fair City is 20!! I think we should be proud that our soap is going nearly as long as the BBC's flagship show

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

OMG are you serious 20 years, I remember when that started, ..

come on guys stir it up a bit, bring back Yvonne and her pregnancy, and get that Niamh going nuts, in case anyone missed it Niamh drives me absolutely crazy. which is probably a good sign of an actress.:D

JaneyP wrote: »
    Why does Charlie always scratch his ear! And why does Heather always cry? The mysteries of Fair City!!

Charlies ear habits are not something i've ever dwelt on, Heathers constant crying however, perhaps its because when you're married to Brendan, its all you can do.

nellie07 wrote: »
    come on guys stir it up a bit, bring back Yvonne and her pregnancy, and get that Niamh going nuts, in case anyone missed it Niamh drives me absolutely crazy. which is probably a good sign of an actress.:D

We've months for Yvonne and her pregnancy; we'll be sick of her by then. I get what you're saying about Niamh; Robert drives me crazy, perhaps in a different way to what you meant though :D

Heathers whimpering and 'fake' crying isnt great really is it! lol! think I prefer her on the tv ad in the sack race, shes gone a moany cow lately!

wheres duncan gone, my favourite little annoying reporter:confused:

Epicurus wrote: »
    We've months for Yvonne and her pregnancy; we'll be sick of her by then. I get what you're saying about Niamh; Robert drives me crazy, perhaps in a different way to what you meant though :D

yeah I suppose! See Robert can act though as I've seen him on the clinic, and to act the way he does for his sydrome thingy is probably very good, but I get your drift, cleos scrunching face acts drive me mad too (you'd wonder why I watch it at all i give out so much but I LOVE IT) love cleos hair extentions though they soften her up a lot!

nellie07 wrote: »
    Heathers whimpering and 'fake' crying isnt great really is it! lol! think I prefer her on the tv ad in the sack race, shes gone a moany cow lately!

wheres duncan gone, my favourite little annoying reporter:confused:

I dont think Duncan will be back anytime soon; if Orla has his job now; which i not sure of. Always thought there was great potential of a storyline where it arose that McAleer was his father.

whhhaaatt mcaleer being his father might have been a story line now that would be hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Anyone know why fair city isn't available on the RTE player? Was hoping to catch up on my missed episodes now that I have a chance but there aren't any up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement