Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Why do script writers always have it that the woman is the one that cannot concieve. Most of the time its the woman anyway.

That's a good point. I don't remember seeing it the other way around. it wouldn't work in Paul's case, obviously, with his history of spraying newborns around Carrigstown like a one-man baby boom. But it would be an interesting one to see, and it could open up some lovely surrogacy issues.

Maybe Damien and Suzanne? She want kids, and Yvonne being pregnant is going to drive her even nuttier.

Highlight of last night: "Ro. Bert. Ro. Bert." Very funny episode, despite all the high drama.

Agreed about the hot cornflakes, though? What's that about?

To me, it must have meant that Tracey did not get undressed if what she had on going upstairs could be seen under the dressing gown.

I thought it was a camisole or something?

Dressed or not, I thought she was the outstanding performance. When Dean asked her to come around tonight, essentially for no-strings sex, you could see a fleeting moment of bitter disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kid Shilleen

Why do script writers always have it that the woman is the one that cannot concieve. Most of the time its the woman anyway.

Where's the foetus gonna gestate? Gonna put it in a box? Messing aside, I think Fair City gets an honourable exception on this one. Wasn't Jimmy firing blanks? I seem to remember a lot of talk about low sperm counts.

Where's the foetus gonna gestate? Gonna put it in a box? Messing aside, I think Fair City gets an honourable exception on this one. Wasn't Jimmy firing blanks? I seem to remember a lot of talk about low sperm counts.

An apposite Python quote, and a good memory? Curse you, Kid Shilleen. Stop raising the bar.

What is Jimmy doing these days? I'd forgotten he existed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

[quote=Wasn't Jimmy firing blanks? I seem to remember a lot of talk about low sperm counts.[/quote]

Yes, but I think that story died a very sudden death. There is so much more that could have been looked into at that time. Like treatment as Paul and Niamh now seem to be looking into, and maybe a possible adoption.

• Advertisement

An apposite Python quote, and a good memory? Curse you, Kid Shilleen. Stop raising the bar.

What is Jimmy doing these days? I'd forgotten he existed.

Typical Fair City isnt it. You leave and you are fogotten. Surely he could we could see Bela on the phone sometime telling Jimmy how Rita is, Could not one of his sisters be heard to say they had an email from hi. Why dont they also mention Darren. Surely with Helen death they would all try and keep in touch with her daughter. The only one that seems to bother with her is Yvonne, the one that is depicted as the one without a heart at times.

Just watching the repeat of last night show.

Do women have their forst scan at 12 weeks. If yes, why did Yvonne have it at 8 weeks as she is claiming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Does Yvonne want Paul also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Im really feeling sorry for Kylie, her fella and her step mother! Lousy. As sly as Dean is Im hating Treacy worse, I used really like Treacy when her and Carol had fun scenes together, Im hating her even since she started making eyes at dean all those months ago. She makes me sick even when she was with Dominic making eyes at Dean I hated her, shes soooo fukn obvious. Cant wait til they get caught, hoping Kylie decks her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Agreed about the hot cornflakes, though? What's that about?

I think the warm milk is meant to settle his stomach - he pretended he had Kylie's bug.

• Advertisement

Alice1 wrote: »
    I think the warm milk is meant to settle his stomach - he pretended he had Kylie's bug.

Does it work, though? I thought it might be a public service announcement. Fair City not only keeps you entertained now, it cures your swine flu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Typical Fair City isnt it. You leave and you are fogotten. Surely he could we could see Bela on the phone sometime telling Jimmy how Rita is, Could not one of his sisters be heard to say they had an email from hi. Why dont they also mention Darren. Surely with Helen death they would all try and keep in touch with her daughter. The only one that seems to bother with her is Yvonne, the one that is depicted as the one without a heart at times.

We've seen Suzanne take Rachel to see Rita and stuff but Rachel has said that Suzanne is boring so she wouldnt really be hanging around her.
    JP Liz wrote: »
    Does Yvonne want Paul also?

Probably, she wants everyone and everything.
    Seen as she's engaged to Connie; she'll probably leave Paul for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 celliman

how do people rate the quality of acting in fair city?

celliman wrote: »

Honest answer, Very poor at times. Thankfully they got rid of some of the poorer actors, the likes of Dominic and Tracey's ex Nun Sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I don't blame Dean for wanting to "shack up with Tracey" - Kylie is way too clingy - wanting to turn up at a snooker hall to give Dean a present.

celliman wrote: »

BAD

But no one watches for the acting :rolleyes:

Last night Treacy OWNED!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

0002c965-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 193

Tuesday December 1st

Robert has Dean and Tracey's back against a wall.
    Pete gets the all clear to go back to work but that's only the first obstacle he has to overcome.
    Damien's delighted by Mark's intentions but Suzanne soon turns his mood.

0002c967-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 194

Wednesday December 2nd

Kylie confronts Tracey about her worries.
      Mark puts the pressure on Damien.
      Pete puts one foot forward but feels like he's taking two steps back.

0002c969-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 195

Thursday Decemeber 3rd

Mark gives Suzanne his two cents worth.
        Tracey throws a tantrum when Kylie starts sticking her nose into her affairs.
        Damien is more that dissapointed when he gets a job offer.

0002c96b-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 196

Sunday December 6th

Damien is spurred on by Leo to swallow his pride for the sake of his family.
          Doug gets on his Dads case.
          Dean has made his bed, will he lie in it?

More spoilers:

Tuesday

This is going to get confusing. Dean changes his mind, again, and himself and Tracey meet up. But, as the two canoodle down a laneway, Robert sees them. Uh-Oh Spagettio. Serves them right. Jo and Dermot receive fantastic news, they have been approved for fostering. However, Jo begins to have second thoughts but they are short lived as they find out that a 3 month old baby will be arriving tomorrow.

Wednesday

Suzanne complains to Dean that she feels Damien has given up and resents her putting his back against the wall as regards job-seeking. And so she should, interfering cow. Tracey tries to talk with Robert about the kiss he witnessed the day previous. She makes it out that it was a mistake but he isn't stupid and reminds her that she is Kylie's step mother and she must be honest with her. Jo begins to wonder if she is a good mother when she can't stop Emily from crying. But Jo makes matters worse by insinuating she is neglecting Ben.

Thursday

Damien is furious with Suzanne when he gets called for an interview for the position of debt collector. He heads to the interview with the ambition to fail and is even more furious with his wife when he learns she said he had book keeping skills. However his plan backfires and he's offered the job. Later at home, he tells his wife that he won't be accepting it and she threatens to not share her income if he refuses. Oh dear god, somebody please drive a bus straight over her and finish the job off. Kylie tells Tracey that her and Dean will help with any financial issues as much as they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

JP Liz wrote: »
          BAD

But no one watches for the acting :rolleyes:

What an absurd thing to say Liz?? Bryan Murray (Bob) for one, is an award winning actor (Bread, Irish RM, Brookside) and is a accaimed stage actor. Hilda fay (Tracey), Cass, Dolores, Niamh, Robert, Dean, Yvonne, Dermot, Louie, Christy, Carol and Ray are a s good as you will find on any soap or TV programme. Sure you have your Catriona's and Maureen's and a few more, but by and large the acting is excellent

• Advertisement

JaneyP wrote: »
          What an absurd thing to say Liz?? Bryan Murray (Bob) for one, is an award winning actor (Bread, Irish RM, Brookside) and is a accaimed stage actor. Hilda fay (Tracey), Cass, Dolores, Niamh, Robert, Dean, Yvonne, Dermot, Louie, Christy, Carol and Ray are a s good as you will find on any soap or TV programme. Sure you have your Catriona's and Maureen's and a few more, but by and large the acting is excellent

I agree. Alan Devine (who plays Louie) have acted in theatre, on films and just look at Heathers CV if you don't see that she can act.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1418006/

Here is Alan's IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0222594/

are they people that are not experienced and proved they can act??

There are a lot of good actors/actresses on the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 dopes

What is going on with Cleos hair? It looks ridiculous....she looks like she should be in bon jovi!

I agree with everything here, and it's interesting that you mention Caitriona and Maureen as two of the the weak links. I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen the last of both of them.

One good fact is that the quality of actors coming in is often much higher than the people leaving. They should get even better as they get used to the show and to acting for telly, which most Irish actors have to pick up by doing it.

dopes wrote: »
          What is going on with Cleos hair? It looks ridiculous....she looks like she should be in bon jovi!

I gotta agree, she looks terribel since she got those extentions, an to be honest her effin stupid facial expressions were bad enough before hand but now, im reaching for the remote everytime i see her.

They might be good actors and actresses in other programmes and mediums but in FC :rolleyes:

Ah I missed FC last night.

Anyone give me a quick update please?

Ah I missed FC last night.

Anyone give me a quick update please?

Dean was being a prick to kylie, she and treacy were shure he was goina dump kylie as treacy had told him in the morning to choose. Then right at the end he comes to see Treacy in McCOYS there she was looking all "oh did you do it smug grinny" and he said he wasnt dumping Kylie that him and treacy were over, it was great.

Also Niamh had a bit of a freak out when she founf out Yvonne was pregnant.

Pauls on tender hooks as Yvonne was asking did he want updates on her pregnanyc and its clear he wants her to just disappear.

More crap with Robert tryina teach Jane, to be honest cant really help you there as I switch off when Him Cleo and Delores/Malchy are on.

Oh and Heather, Renee and the kid left for France, Renee made peace with Bob and they had a tearful godbye. Think I covered it all??

Thanks JohnnyB - you're a star:)

Thanks JohnnyB - you're a star:)

No bother, an I wont hold that Deegan thing against ya :D

• Advertisement

I can't believe that Dean is being so gutless. Leo should give him a smack and a few man lessons.

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement