Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

0002c98e-545.jpg
    Situations Vacant
    Starring Fair City's Sam Corry...

The new Irish movie Situations Vacant opens Nationwide on Friday December 4th.
    Fair City' s Robert, played by Sam Corry is starring in the film.
    Here is a little bit about the movie.
    When young Dave Bracken is unleashed on Dublin's employment market with his effervescent imagination, his father's memory and his mother's high hopes, he soon discovers that living the corporate high life by day and loving some gorgeous girl in a penthouse by night is in reality a faraway fantasy.

Then Dave and his best pal Vinny Burke, also jobless and loveless, receive some unorthodox advice from Whack, the barstool sage, and from their friend Tom Farrell, who seems to have it all, except they haven't noticed that having it all is making Tom miserable. Whack's advice is simple. It's his failsafe "two-pint-plan". Before an interview have 2 pints and then start lying. What have they got to lose? Only the job they didn't have in the first place.

Tom proffers the perfect answer to clinch any interview and armed with their new found wisdom, Vinny and Dave down the pints and swiftly move onto telling lies..... big lies, lies that somehow pay off.. Suddenly Dave and Vinny are "living the dream". Right up until the first lie starts to unravel, then the next..then the next...

We here in the Fair City team highly recommend this movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Ugh, the amateurness of the FC site actually makes me cringe - why are all their pictures so squashed?? And whoever writes the articles and spoilers, spell check / grammar check please :eek: The punctuation is all over the place and it doesn't even make sense half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Meller wrote: »
    Ugh, the amateurness of the FC site actually makes me cringe - why are all their pictures so squashed?? And whoever writes the articles and spoilers, spell check / grammar check please :eek: The punctuation is all over the place and it doesn't even make sense half the time.

It seems also to have a spiffy device which makes the photos and previews from weeks 14 to 36 inaccessible. However, they seem to have corrected that head-wrecking misspelling in the actual web address, which directed you to "rte/televsion" every time,

I prefer the spoilers as filtered through this thread. The additions are good fun. "Oh dear God, someone please drive a bus over her and finish the job off" made me laugh aloud.

It seems also to have a spiffy device which makes the photos and previews from weeks 14 to 36 inaccessible. However, they seem to have corrected that head-wrecking misspeling in the actual web address, which directed you to "rte/televsion" every time,

I prefer the spoilers as filtered through this thread. The additions are good fun. "Oh dear God, someone please drive a bus over her and finish the job off" made me laugh aloud.

Me too, I think I will carry on using those ones. I have just laughed myself silly at tonights spoiler at Eastenders :D

Have you recovered from the sight of Ian and Max sharing a hot tub? Me neither. That's one for the deathbed. With time running out for Phil, he and Max put the finishing touches to their scam, unaware that Ian and Masood have rumbled them. Roxy realises that Owen is the father of Ronnie's unborn child as Liz wonders about her son's whereabouts (eeee's buried in the sqquuwaayar, innhee), while Whitney - instead of completing a course application - secretly writes Tony a letter.

PMSL :D

angel01 wrote: »
    Me too, I think I will carry on using those ones. I have just laughed myself silly at tonights spoiler at Eastenders :D

That's great. Where do you find them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Why didnt Dean dump Kylie?

I feel maybe a fake pregnancy storyline coming up Kylie she wont give up Dean to step mother Tracey without a fight and may play dirty

JP Liz wrote: »
    Why didnt Dean dump Kylie?

I feel maybe a fake pregnancy storyline coming up Kylie she wont give up Dean to step mother Tracey without a fight and may play dirty

I think he said he didn't want to hurt her, but it seemed a bit feeble. You might be right about the fake pregnancy. Or maybe an illness would be good. He might feel he had to stay with her if she was suddenly in a wheelchair.

Or Dominic could come back and beat Dean about the face and shoulders with a hod.

I hope it's a good long-running story, whatever happens. I never get tired of Tracey, and Dean is good fun when he's not being a wimp.

That's great. Where do you find them?

Entertainment.ie

I think they are brilliant :D

I think he said he didn't want to hurt her, but it seemed a bit feeble. You might be right about the fake pregnancy. Or maybe an illness would be good. He might feel he had to stay with her if she was suddenly in a wheelchair.

Or Dominic could come back and beat Dean about the face and shoulders with a hod.

I hope it's a good long-running story, whatever happens. I never get tired of Tracey, and Dean is good fun when he's not being a wimp.

I actually would love Dominic to come back but I can't see it. I really hate Kylie, I find her so boring and I am getting sick/bored of Connie & Yvonne all over each other, can they not actually do something with Connie rather than just have her all over Yvonne in every scene :(

Also lovely as it is to have Louie back, I wish they would give him more storylines other than this baby daddy one.

angel01 wrote: »
    Also lovely as it is to have Louie back, I wish they would give him more storylines other than this baby daddy one.

He is very good in it, though.

I loved his reaction to Connie and Yvonne smooching at work. I think the baby is probably his, because he is more likely than Paul to fight for custody. That would be one dirty fight, seeing that both parents have had their previous kids taken away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

Great Ep tonight!! Really Really great!

Thought it was a really good episode last night, I can imagine Robert being very happy with what he saw :eek:

Nice to see Adam back and Doug's dad back (I do like him)

I loved Jo & Dermot back and I was enthralled by their storyline :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

ok anybody else hating dean and treacy??? so spineless !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

After betraying Carol by going off with Billy Meehan years ago; you'd think Tracey wouldnt do it someone close to her again. I'm not liking her at the moment.

Epicurus wrote: »
    After betraying Carol by going off with Billy Meehan years ago; you'd think Tracey wouldnt do it someone close to her again. I'm not liking her at the moment.

ditto,her step daughters bf, it doesnt get much worse. Her and Dean make me sick. Do they get caught soon?

ok anybody else hating dean and treacy??? so spineless !

I am liking it actually. I hate Kylie so couldn't care less about that drip :D

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

I can understand Tracy falling for him, hes been leading her on for a long time now (youd swear this was real life!) but as for dean I always liked him as a kind of half dope flipping burgers but hes a sneak, and that kylie one mother of God will someone run her over with a bus. or give that guy that was looking for a job in the community centre her job and let her teach pilates upstairs

nellie07 wrote: »
    I can understand Tracy falling for him, hes been leading her on for a long time now (youd swear this was real life!) but as for dean I always liked him as a kind of half dope flipping burgers but hes a sneak, and that kylie one mother of God will someone run her over with a bus. or give that guy that was looking for a job in the community centre her job and let her teach pilates upstairs

no hes not a dope hes a sneak that flips burgers. What a catch ;) Still going with Leo is miles ahead for entertainment value:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

I had to laugh at Suzanne last night. "Someone nearly slipped on an olive and threatened to sue".

nellie07 wrote: »

God I hate Kylie, she really annoys me. She constantly moans and to be honest, they should never have put her with Dean in the first place :mad:

• Advertisement

Does she actually know? Has Robert told her?

I know she confronts Tracy tonight from the preview on last night's closing titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

If Dean dumps Kylie for Tracy - I'd put money on Kylie ringing her da and telling him what's going on. Then Dominic will make a nice sandwich out of Dean. Alternatively the writers could be Sandy back into the mix - that would shake Tracy.

BTW does Carol know what's going on.

Noone other than Robert/Dean/Tracey know. Carol hasn't had really any scenes lately with Tracey which is a shame :( I love the two of them together.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hollyg'lightly

When Glenroe was around everyone used to laugh at Glenroe and say Fair City was better when compared with Glenroe. Now fair city is the subject of much derision.:D

When Glenroe was around everyone used to laugh at Glenroe and say Fair City was better when compared with Glenroe. Now fair city is the subject of much derision.:D

Glenroe was canned and Fair City is going strong 20 years later and getting better than ever :D

Enjoyed tonights episode, though Suzanne is such a moany cow. Damien deserves better :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

I can't believe it - I missed it again - forgot it is on @ 7.30 on Wednesday.

Update please? Pretty please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Tracey and Dean both panicking cos Robert spotted them snogging.
    Tracey approached Robert and told him that Kylie could not find out. Robert was classic- 'going out with your step daughter's boyfriend is wrong' and 'it will never work out cos the age gap is too big':D. He is brilliant, he could not guarantee that he would not tell.
    Tracey has not been paying the bills, Kylie discovered a stash of unpaid bills hidden in the drawer. That was the confrontation they previewed on Tuesday.
    Kylie telling Tracey ' I know what's been going on etc etc'. Eventually the penny dropped that Kylie was talking about the bills and not talking about Tracy doing the bold thing with Dean. Later in the beer garden Dean gave Tracy a big hug which was spotted by Kylie. Again Tracy used the excuse that Dean was comforting her cos she was upset about money.
    Stupid moany Suzanne is giving Damien a hard time about looking for work. They had a row because he has refused to do an interview as a debt collector. Mark needs money for grinds and Suzanne told Damien she will pay provided he does the interview. She is such a pain. They have serious cash problems with only her wages coming in. That dumb Garda has been giving her the eye, I have NO idea why:confused:
    Dermot and Jo got a baby girl to foster. Dermot bonded straight away. Jo didn't and went off spending the fostering allowance on unnecessary baby stuff. Dermot is worried that Benjamin will feel neglected. Pete has started a basic computer course at the centre and is feeling totally out of his depth. Should be some funny scenes coming up as he learns to go online.
    Think thats about it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Thanks Jos - that's terrific. (Really miss the player thingy on RTE)

Really enjoyed the Kylie/Dean/Tracy scenes tonight. I thought she knew when she confronted Tracy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Clashed with Emmerdale so missed it again :rolleyes: This is why I need it on the plauer!
    Have to remember to catch the repeat tomorrow.

btw dunno if this has been mentioned before but did Annette have a funeral?? :confused::confused: I must've missed it but never heard anything about it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement