Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Veg*ns (Pictures and info!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

haha having fun ni. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I just love this photo so I'm putting it up :D drunk dancing ftw

7825_141588606983_514036983_2731060_649640_n.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Bróg? :p

Yup :o

Classy lassy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

excellent pic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 LRN

Hello! I'm new around here -- both boards and to Ireland :).
    I am an 18-year-old Canadian (from Saskatchewan, if anyone knows where that is...) girl. I'm doing my gap year in Ireland, but hopefully I'll get out and around continental Europe and the UK a fair amount.
    My name is Lauren, and I like film, snowboarding, live music, cooking, and a whole bunch of other boring things.
    Have been a veggie for 6 years this November.

Cheers!

Here I am. Sorry the photo is so large! Windows, I tell ya.

10421_137681624386_513044386_263928.jpg

ooh. recent pic of me.

8825_130521278038_604423038_2202380.jpg

This picture is terrif! Just for fun?

LRN wrote: »
    (from Saskatchewan, if anyone knows where that is...)

Are you the people who made up the Bigfoot? :pac:

It is lovely to have you onboard LRN....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I am an 18-year-old Canadian (from Saskatchewan, if anyone knows where that is...) girl. I'm doing my gap year in Ireland, but hopefully I'll get out and around continental Europe and the UK a fair amount.
    My name is Lauren, and I like film, snowboarding, live music, cooking, and a whole bunch of other boring things.

Cheers!

Hi Lauren, welcome! I have some friends who are from Saskatoon lol

• Advertisement

Cheers!

Welcome aboard Lauren, for some reason I thought you were a dude, but you are clearly not, must have been the capital letters or soemthing in your name :p

Would love to live in Canada, or even go there,and to snowboard anywhere, always wanted to do that. Have fun here, you in NUIG? Loved going there.

I too have questions about the Yeti. :pac:
    I don't think she does anything if it is not just for fun.

Absurdum wrote: »
    Hi Lauren, welcome! I have some friends who are from Saskatoon lol

Really! I was born and raised in Saskabush! Huh. Smallll world. :)
    Welcome aboard Lauren, for some reason I thought you were a dude, but you are clearly not, must have been the capital letters or soemthing in your name :p

Would love to live in Canada, or even go there,and to snowboard anywhere, always wanted to do that. Have fun here, you in NUIG? Loved going there.

I too have questions about the Yeti. :pac:

I don't think she does anything if it is not just for fun.

capital letters =/= masculinity?

I am most definitely a dudette.
    It always surprises me when people tell me that they'd like to visit/live in Canada. I met a Polish girl today who expressed her deep love for Calgary.. huh. It is a pretty wonderful country, though, with a lot to see and do. Nooothing can beat snowboarding in the Canadian Rockies; if you ever have the chance, definitely try it.
    I'm not going to NUIG, but I walk through campus on my way to work sometimes and wish I was a student there. It's beee-yootiful and reminds me of the uni in my home city.

Har har har, yeti jokes. It may be cold and snowy, but I'm from the prairies! No cover for poor yeti.

Welcome lauren! I too must express my love for all things Canadian (despite having never been there)

LRN wrote:
    capital letters =/= masculinity?
    Yep! hehe
    Like how some people on here think I'm a dude, crazy :pac:
    I am most definitely a dudette.
    It always surprises me when people tell me that they'd like to visit/live in Canada. I met a Polish girl today who expressed her deep love for Calgary.. huh. It is a pretty wonderful country, though, with a lot to see and do. Nooothing can beat snowboarding in the Canadian Rockies; if you ever have the chance, definitely try it.
    I'm not going to NUIG, but I walk through campus on my way to work sometimes and wish I was a student there. It's beee-yootiful and reminds me of the uni in my home city.

Har har har, yeti jokes. It may be cold and snowy, but I'm from the prairies! No cover for poor yeti.
    Why does it surprise you they want to go there? Everybody i have met from there was awesome and it looks lovely in pictures. Plus I could snowboard too, all in one go! Pretty far though.

Ah gap year, I misread as a kindof erasmus year, you just travelling and working eh, nice nice, tis a great colelge all right and a nice relaxed place. Try the markets on saturdays and sundays, I suggets the matar paneer from the govindas stall(only available saturday mornigns as it sells out) and the curry from the, eh, curry stall! nom nom!!!!

Welcome lauren! I too must express my love for all things Canadian (despite having never been there)

Is it because of them having avril and the sexy accents like me? :P

Why does it surprise you they want to go there? Everybody i have met from there was awesome and it looks lovely in pictures. Plus I could snowboard too, all in one go! Pretty far though.

Ah gap year, I misread as a kindof erasmus year, you just travelling and working eh, nice nice, tis a great colelge all right and a nice relaxed place. Try the markets on saturdays and sundays, I suggets the matar paneer from the govindas stall(only available saturday mornigns as it sells out) and the curry from the, eh, curry stall! nom nom!!!!

Not sure why it surprises me.. probably because I've been dreaming of Europe since I first heard the word 'louvre'...
    And also because I grew up surrounded by squat, drab little boxes (like most of the buildings of Canada-- crappy construction built to last 30 or so years). Trading that for domed stone churches and cobblestones just seems like a no-brainer to me!

Good tip on the market! I slept in last Saturday and couldn't really be bothered to get down there.. but it sounds like it'd be worth it. Thanks!

Not sure why it surprises me.. probably because I've been dreaming of Europe since I first heard the word 'louvre'...
    And also because I grew up surrounded by squat, drab little boxes (like most of the buildings of Canada-- crappy construction built to last 30 or so years). Trading that for domed stone churches and cobblestones just seems like a no-brainer to me!

Good tip on the market! I slept in last Saturday and couldn't really be bothered to get down there.. but it sounds like it'd be worth it. Thanks!

I liked the louvre, think we spent 4 hours+ there, not sure, and didn't see everything, I suggest going but it will kill your legs though. :)

I'm sure tehre are some nice cities over there, and people going aboot and all that jazz. :-P

I miss govindas market man, he never ever charges me for chutney, good man himself!

Yes that market is awesome, I highly reccommend the donuts as well :D

And darling, let us discuss some art! I'm an art history student :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Welcome to Lauren :)

I think I've been posting long enough to start welcoming people, ha ha...

Yeah, the market's your best option for veggie food in this town. There is no specified veggie café or restaurant but I have plans to rectify that someday...

As for crappy construction, you should see some of the houses in Bohermore! They're all at strange angles and tall people have a real risk of repetitive head injury! I've lived in several houses like this, they're cool!

Anyway, hope you're liking Galway and this forum :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Absurdum wrote: »
    Hi everyone, long-time lurker finally introducing myself here...30 year old male, been vegetarian for almost 20 years and vegan for just over 2 years (minus a few slip-ups when abroad or at vegan unfriendly restaurants). I went veggie because I love animals, simple as that. I had been gradually cutting out dairy for the last 5 or 6 years but decided to go the whole way and haven't looked back since. I may post a picture at some unspecified point in the future :p
    Hi there, its nice to meet ya and welcome :)
    ooh. recent pic of me.

8825_130521278038_604423038_2202380.jpg
    Awesome pic!! loving it:D

Cheers!

It's also nice to meet you too, hopefully you have a good time posting here, as well as enjoying your stay over here:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oh yep. me and a couple of mates, all into our painting, and... im not quite sure how the transition was made from canvas to skin... (there may have been some mind altering substances involved >_> ), but did a few cool paintings that night, as wella s my face. sweet surf in the morning. then started again that night. sweeeeeet.

welcome aboard, yourself. hope ya enjoy ireland, i miss that bloody country.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

I'm new too ^_-
    Hey I'm Jenny and I've been veg for 4/5 years, cant quite remember. I remember it was halloween though because I wouldnt eat anything with fat in it lol.
    I'm 15 and in third year, and still trying to convince my cafeteria to make veg meals :rolleyes: I don't think they care >_>
    DSC06553.jpg?t=1255299986

Welcome Jenny, keep at the cafeteria, show them who is boss! You look older than 15.

Welcome Jenny, keep at the cafeteria, show them who is boss! You look older than 15.

Oh I will... (: <
    They make awesome pasta dishes and stuff, but decided to put chicken in everything about a week after they started making it without it :/
    Thanks, it's really useful lol.

jenny2hat wrote: »
    Thanks, it's really useful lol.

That brings back memories! Bless! :D
    Nice to co-opt you to the veggiedom Jenny. :)

Moonbaby wrote: »
    That brings back memories! Bless! :D
    Nice to co-opt you to the veggiedom Jenny. :)
    Thankkks awesome-1.png?t=1255369477

lol smily.

Well I caved to peer pressure and was ginger for a night in whelans, had to blend in with teh ginger veggies. :D

HPIM3352.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

jenny2hat wrote: »
    I'm new too ^_-
    Hey I'm Jenny and I've been veg for 4/5 years, cant quite remember. I remember it was halloween though because I wouldnt eat anything with fat in it lol.
    I'm 15 and in third year, and still trying to convince my cafeteria to make veg meals :rolleyes: I don't think they care >_>
    DSC06553.jpg?t=1255299986

You have a canteen in your school? That cooks meals?

Twas far from that I was raised.

kraggy wrote: »
    You have a canteen in your school? That cooks meals?

Twas far from that I was raised.

Yeah, but I can't eat anything in it :(

• Advertisement

Milk was all that was available in my day...sometimes.

Advertisement