Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Veg*ns (Pictures and info!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

shinysiren wrote: »
    Hello all, new to Boards in general,so felt I should introduce myself.

I'm Bebhinn, 19, studying Japanese and French in college right now. I was a vegetarian for somewhere between 3/4years, but have had a recent chicken-y lapse due to lack of funding/laziness/ill-health. :mad:
    Still, working on going back to vegetarian again, and I do have plenty of recipe info and love to cook and bake veggie/vegan friendly meals, so I'm always ready to help anyone.

This is the only recent picture of me I can find where I'm not covered in paint,entirely green, or a zombie....
    avo0zn.jpg

whoa! wehre are you studying?! what year are you in?

i've a very very good (and awesome) friend who is vegetarian and studying french and japanese in college now. chick, short hair, often purple/green/blue, but currently black (she just got a job). familiar? cos it'd be so awesome if you knew her :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭shinysiren

whoa! wehre are you studying?! what year are you in?

i've a very very good (and awesome) friend who is vegetarian and studying french and japanese in college now. chick, short hair, often purple/green/blue, but currently black (she just got a job). familiar? cos it'd be so awesome if you knew her :D

Is that Áine? Cos yes, I think I know her quite well then. :D I saw her just 2 days ago.

OMG!!!

:eek:

This is the second time something like this has happened to me in the 2 days I've been on here! And yes, Áine is very awesome.

hehe, something about her that just sorta makes coincidences happen. it's cos of her that i ended up in nz. :D

anyway, good to meet ya, and hope you hang around... either way, tell áine i said hi :D

• Advertisement

hehe, something about her that just sorta makes coincidences happen. it's cos of her that i ended up in nz. :D

anyway, good to meet ya, and hope you hang around... either way, tell áine i said hi :D

Might be a little difficult unless she knows you by your boards name?
    :p

yep! it was the name originally given to a jumper of mine by a mutual friend of ours, and it just kinda stuck a bit. plus mention the fact that she's a large part of the reason i ended up in nz :D

I'll text her now. :p
    And let you know if she figures it out.

gah. she better text back quickly... it's gone 1am! i need bed!

You know her and you're expecting a quick response? Really?
    Go sleep if you need to. :) I'll put up what she says and you can check it in a more awake fashion.

• Advertisement

LMAO! she's not changed then. on meteor, she used to be the one person i had free calls to, cos she NEVER texted back. :D

aww, ill drop her a text too before i hit the hay. though apparently (i have another source) she's asleep right now. *shrugs*

well, im off to my own leaba now anyway, so see ya in the morning.

Night pet.
    I feel a little odd having these sources of information on Áine,who knew boards would just make us some very effective stalkers?

bitch never texted back, did she? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

lol, shiney's is probably gonna be otherwise occupied for the rest of the evening... On the other hand, it's also possible Áine never did text back...

(I'm living with shiney...)

swine flu jab tomorrow, oh joy... =P

... don't tell me you know áine too? cos that's just plain odd.

good luck with the jab!

... don't tell me you know áine too? cos that's just plain odd.

good luck with the jab!

Hah, yeah, she's my favourite juggler-with-interesting-hair =)

bloody hell! she probably knows as many boardsies IRL as i do at this stage!

lol, shiney only joined yesterday, not sure she really counts =P I don't even know Áine's username on here, very exciting... Oohh, gonna hit my post millenium soon...!

Trying to think how many boardsies I know in real life now... about 5 I think...

to the best of my knowledge, aine doesnt actually have an account on boards, or if she does, rarely to never uses it.

i know quite a few boardsies in real life after meeting at beers, and getting on well etc, and they became good friends, so we'd go out together, and inevitably, they ended up meeting my friends from real life, such as aine, and of course, getting along awesomely (cos all my mates are awesome).

to the best of my knowledge, aine doesnt actually have an account on boards, or if she does, rarely to never uses it.

i know quite a few boardsies in real life after meeting at beers, and getting on well etc, and they became good friends, so we'd go out together, and inevitably, they ended up meeting my friends from real life, such as aine, and of course, getting along awesomely (cos all my mates are awesome).

ah, see I'm still very new to this supposed 'real life' aspect of boards... =P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

cocoa wrote: »
    ah, see I'm still very new to this supposed 'real life' aspect of boards... =P

you'll get there someday. next is to convert real-life friends to boards. tbh i find that it doesn't really work that way.

And look, 998 posts for you. One thousand ain't far! How can you log off and not write two quick messages about the place??!?!

Ahem, cocoa, being new here doesn't make me not count. :p

And crumble froo, she did text back about an hour or so later, (but cocoa was right, I was otherwise occupied last night) she told me that you are very super awesome, and ordered me to talk to you more cos you're one of her favourite people ever. :D That's worth waiting for, right?

hehe, yep :D makes me all warm n fuzzy to hear. was chatting to her later, and mentioned your housemate, who she established was cocoa, and told me that cocoa is also extremely awesome :P

you'll get there someday. next is to convert real-life friends to boards. tbh i find that it doesn't really work that way.

And look, 998 posts for you. One thousand ain't far! How can you log off and not write two quick messages about the place??!?!

lol, shiney totally counts as a real life friend I lured onto boards, among other things... =P I think the key is not to recommend they go on boards, but to use boards around them until curiosity gets the better of them... =D

Hah, I'm no brian tho... Áine's moving in with him now ;) Now that's awesome... family pizza... lol

EDIT: 999! I'm gonna have to stop posting now... If I need to say anything in future it'll be by PM...

Oh dear, can't handle any family pizza today. Horribly sleep deprived and woozy. :( And we all know about your luring ways cocoa. It's written down,and will soon be in the song.

And success, we're all awesome, according to Áine, and her word is still law right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh I jsut rememebred wat family pizza is, NOMNOM

What's YOUR idea of family pizza? It may be radically different to ours. :p
    Unless we explained and then forgot?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My idea is jameson and OJ MMM

My idea is jameson and OJ MMM

Well... yes. Anything and Jameson really. :D
    I guess I did forget about telling you. Sleep deprivation makes for poor memory.

• Advertisement

I have a lovely bottle of jameson beside me in a lovely green box, mmmm

Advertisement