Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Veg*ns (Pictures and info!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭shinysiren

Urgh, I had more Jameson last night. You enjoy yours,just keep it far from me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

cocoa wrote: »
    I think the key is not to recommend they go on boards, but to use boards around them until curiosity gets the better of them... =D
    he he he! good tactic!
    EDIT: 999! I'm gonna have to stop posting now... If I need to say anything in future it'll be by PM...
    you can't stop now!!!! How very well restrained you are. Not normal.

His tactic worked dammit! That's how I ended upon here. Curiosity killed the cat....

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Hi everyone,

Felt like sharing. Pretty proud of meself actually. They are carob, date, apricot raisen...eemmmmmm vanilla extract and a little agave syrup and almond balls. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Doolee wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Felt like sharing. Pretty proud of meself actually. They are carob, date, apricot raisen...eemmmmmm vanilla extract and a little agave syrup and almond balls. Yum!

yummy balls ;)

sorry had to say it!

but they doooo look yum!

• Advertisement

HPIM3484.JPG

meow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 etonyx

Hello all, I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Tony, I'm 25, and I'm new to being a vegetarian. Crumble Froo (ni) recommended this forum to me after learning I was trying to adopt a vegetarian lifestyle. My main reasons being to lose weight and not associate myself in anyway with the American stereotype (I live in California btw). So far these past three weeks I don't think I've ever felt so good in a general sense, and the small handful of times I did eat meat I did not feel too good afterwards.

I hope to learn lots from this place and hopefully become an active member, if y'all don't mind. :)

This is me btw.

tony.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

toni! you made it :D

glad to hear you're still going well on the veggie thing!

not actually met many off this particular forum in person yet, but i can assure you, they're good peeps. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Welcome Tony:) nice to see another face around these parts. Sounds like the transition is going well for you so far, and hopefully it'll continue into something very good, and you hit your goals:D

As Froo said, the people here are nice so dont be afraid to pop by and have a look around...and most of all enjoy your stay:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Welcome to the forum Tony! Always nice to see a new convert :)

• Advertisement

Welcome indeed! :D
    Lovely to hear you're feeling well after switching, I found the change very easy when I still lived in a vegetarian house, now being a student-y type living alone, I've gotten lazy. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Welcome aboards Tony

welcome to our cult, i mean forum :D

Hi Tony! *waves*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

come on more pix guys!
    Iceskating!

13662_102307513125822_100000397213133_57816_3919423_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

this be me , vegetarian for 5 and a half years now.
    DSCF1546-1.jpg

Wooo welcome along! I am also paul and ahve been veggie roughly that long. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

this be me , vegetarian for 5 and a half years now.
    DSCF1546-1.jpg

I know that gate! I found a big bag of booze there about 9 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Are you guys, like, the same person? :P

022.jpg

Christmas beering. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

It is in Kilkenny right?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

It is in Kilkenny right?

it is indeed at the town hall . the pics a few years old , i put on a petition signing that day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

I an't remember if I hav ever actually posted in the forum with my pics... so just to be sure.

camera007-2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DarkSeraphim

Hi All,

Just thought i would say hi and introduce myself.

My name is Elizabeth, i am 24 soon to be 25 :( ... i have been a vegetarian for 7 nearly 8 years now :)

I love Govindas.. Hummous.. and nearly all the quorn products.

For anybody out there that is looking for somewhere new and nice to eat. There is a place called Cafe Irie in Temple bar.. It is not fully vegetarian but it has a lot of nice options for us. Great place if you are eating with a non vegetarian, you both have a good variety. It also has great portion sizes for the price, the food is lovely and the place is soo quirky and relaxing even great for a chillout hot chocolate, coffee or tea etc :)

Also please ignor the pic.. it is 1am and i am using my mums laptop so the choice of pics is limited. I am not grumpy or pouty as this picture might make me seem lol.. The Lipring is now gone but i still love the 80's so not all in the pic has changed lol

Hope everybody is enjoying the christmas holidays :)

159111891a7190242215l.jpg

hi DarkSeraphim!!
    welcome to our little veggie community :)

Hi Elizabeth, good quality pouting to be fair, hehe

Welcome aboards, woo fresh meat!
    Govindas/quorn yes yes! Can't get enough of govindas. Constantly try and trick people into going. Hummous eww.

Must try out this cafe Irie at lunch some day. nom nom

oh btw, sounds like you are an anime fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Oooh, I spent a long time contemplating the menu outside that place once... never went in though. Yeah they have a groood selection alright. Think they have vegan milkshakes too. Grood reccommendation that is

I told you about it once tar! You don't even remember! /runs out crying

I'm sorry baby! Please forgive me, this evil newcomer confused me with loads of info and lip rings you see! :p How about I make it up to you by bringing you on a stroll from trinity to there where we can have a romantic rendezvous? Perhaps I will buy you teh coke this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Well, as long as it's a rendezvous..

Et ainsi C'était un rendez-vous!

I only meant well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Hi all, I'm Jennie.
    I lurk and occasionally post here. I'm, eh, very nice.

I've been a veggie for about 5ish years now. S'good times.
    I've decided to include a photo of myself and my favourite person in the world, who some of ye may recognise...
    Now, I relaise my face is hidden, but I look like a smug knob-end in the other one of myself and my favourite person. Plus this one's far classier.

15736_1261339060384_1436928853_3074.jpg

• Advertisement

Welcome Elizabeth! :)

Advertisement