Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Veg*ns (Pictures and info!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Where were you in that pic slaphead?
    It looks nice.

Some village in rural Italy, although it might be San Gimignano which is a bit more than a village. It was taken three years ago. That said I'm only just back from a lovely holiday in that same area. Oh I do like Tuscany & Umbria!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    yes well.... I promised to do this a while back....

This is myself, http://farm1.static.flickr.com/193/477432266_1fb7b8f54d.jpg a vegetarian since about 1980 (it's so long ago I forget!) and I'm clear evidence that it's no guarantee of a slim body.
    If I do turn up at any of your youth infested meet-ups it will only be to hand out condoms.:D
    Hello tehre mr slaphead in italy.

I understand the condoms(redheads ;-))

maameeo wrote: »
    i was thinking the same thing, looks like latvia to me, just coz its the last place iv been! lol

I was thinking it looked like Croatia. Where I've just been and wish I still was. :P
    Some village in rural Italy, although it might be San Gimignano which is a bit more than a village. It was taken three years ago. That said I'm only just back from a lovely holiday in that same area. Oh I do like Tuscany & Umbria!

Ouh I want to go there. And stay in a tower on the top of a convent.
    I understand the condoms(redheads ;-))

Redheads need to procreate to save the species, so that understanding doesn't make any sense at all. :P

And people are really born in Sligo? :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

And people are really born in Sligo? :o
    Incredibly yes, but there are practically no people from Leitrim as they ahve no hospital maturnity ward etc, so tehy are born here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

a vegetarian since about 1980 (it's so long ago I forget!)
    Before i was born anyways hehe, not teh Moonbaby though:P
    maameeo wrote: »
    i was thinking the same thing, looks like latvia to me, just coz its the last place iv been! lol
    Then again, it could have been a random beer garden in Dublin and Slaphead's been laughing at ye all behind the screen hah!!:pac:
    Ouh I want to go there. And stay in a tower on the top of a convent.
    Like some sort of Sleeping Beauty style person? AHA!! Princess Fiona from Shrek;)

Redheads need to procreate to save the species, so that understanding doesn't make any sense at all. :P
    But ya cant procreate if ya gots the sti's...so they COULD come in handy at times...especially if they are free!!

• Advertisement

Incredibly yes, but there are practically no people from Leitrim as they ahve no hospital maturnity ward etc, so tehy are born here.

We had one born in the Lovely place in the last 60 years.

Before i was born anyways hehe, not teh Moonbaby though:P

Oi!!!! Divulging of lady secrets make Moonbaby :mad:!

It is a grown up thing!

Like some sort of Sleeping Beauty style person? AHA!! Princess Fiona from Shrek;)

But Fiona was locked away because she was sleeping fugly. :(

But ya cant procreate if ya gots the sti's...so they COULD come in handy at times...especially if they are free!!

Ohhh it was you Tar was talking about. Kay. :P

Oi!!!! Divulging of lady secrets make Moonbaby :mad:!

It is a grown up thing!
    Divulging of secrets like that deserves a medal?:pac: kidding hah i'll make it up to ya somehow lol!

But Fiona was locked away because she was sleeping fugly. :(
    She was a glorious redhead...during the day anyways:D

Ohhh it was you Tar was talking about. Kay. :P
    My ears are burning!!:pac::P*

*its not me tho!!

Divulging of secrets like that deserves a medal?:pac: kidding hah i'll make it up to ya somehow lol!

Which reminds me....I'm trying out one of these massage beds tomorrow. :)

I was on a massage bed before, really had a good time, enjoy. :)

• Advertisement

That is what I like to hear :)

Mon reckons I'm stressed, it will be interesting to see if he is right. :P

Which reminds me....I'm trying out one of these massage beds tomorrow. :)
    Really!! nice one:D what you getting done?
    It's just so nice aint it?...used to get massage each mon and tue mornings all last year in college:D

Really!! nice one:D what you getting done?

It is automated version of you. So I think it is an all at once kinda thing.
    I have no idea really.

It is automated version of you. So I think it is an all at once kinda thing.
    I have no idea really.
    Ah that aint as good as me though, the human touch is so much better and comfortable:D I'll have to give you proper massage sometime, maybe at camping. The stress management stuff in which you keeps your clothes on you would feel comfy with i guess:)

Ah that aint as good as me though, the human touch is so much better and comfortable:D I'll have to give you proper massage sometime, maybe at camping. The stress management stuff in which you keeps your clothes on you would feel comfy with i guess:)

Quoted for proof of promise.

One free massage for me...no catches :D

Quoted for proof of promise.

One free massage for me...no catches :D
    I'll back up the statement, yes its true...FREE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Great idea for a thread (:

Name's Claire; I'm eighteen. I'm off to England in September to study Zoology in university and I can't wait. I have a strange, cynical sense of humour, can be incessantly sarcastic and can't stand people who butcher the english language. I'm a bookworm - I have varied taste but tend to choose more fantasy, anything with magic - I'm really into the Michelle Paver books at the minute. I love writing and sketching (though I can't sketch to save my life :D). I like writing little notes on things and the back of my notice board has some of the strangest things ever written on it! Doodling also. I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for.. I'm not sure - two years now I think. I love Quorn chicken-style Dippers - I'm going to explain that it doesn't "defeat the purpose of being a vegetarian" as my friend says - I did not give up meat because I didn't like the taste. I gave it up for ethical reasons and I'm damn proud of it. (: I like to think I don't come under any labels (and yes, that includes ginger xD). I wear what I want, when I want. Yes I have bright yellow leggings - and yes, I wear them. I'm also interested in web-design... been designing since I was nine years old. Also graphic design, photography and roleplaying - y'know in the third-person on forums. I have varied taste in music from Slipknot and Animal Collective, to Most Serene Republic and Acceptance. I can't think of anything so say :) Oh yeah, Salvador Dali is my favourite artist.

I hate Twilight.

Well here's me:
    menormal.jpg

:D

Welcome aboard! I love dali too, also Slipknot :-p
    My sister did zoology for a while, enjoy! I know a veggie girl on baords that did that too. As for butchering the English labguage I moderate a private grammar forum, Spell Czechs haha, keep it quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Thanks!!
    I know, he's awesome. Went to an exhibition of his in Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic, loved it (: Answered an art q. on him in the L. Cert!

I still can't believe all the random stuff that isn't suitable for vegetarians.. like Fanta, that surprised me. And Milky Way etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Mialuvzfun!

Hey :)
    My names Maria. I'm nearly 16 and have been veggie all my life. So thats nearly 16 years. Live in Dublin :). Going into TY! This is like the first time you make a bebo and you just dont know what to write :S. My comps too slow for pictures.
    Well, Toodles. x

• Advertisement

Welcome aboard maria, hope to see you posting around the place. :)
    Hope the JC went well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

welcome :) i have not admit that I was not a TY fan at all! Hope it suits you though :) ughhhh having to do fake interviews... yuk! and work experience... ughhghghh! Have you got any interesting work experience placements planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Hi!
    My name is Clare and I have been a lacto-ovo-vegetarian since I started college, many moons ago. I became vegetarian for ethical and in particular environmental reasons. I love being vegetarian but I do miss occasionally pannacotta:( particulary when the OH eats the M&S ones right in front of me gleefully:mad:I'm all for saving the planet and in particular panda,snow leopards and coral. I love them!! I love bright colours in particular yellow and orange and always have sunflowers and gerberas in the apartment. In terms of music, I like a bit of everything in particular a bit of metal:D. I'm very excited at the moment as I hear Rammstein may be coming to Ireland next year. They are amazing in concert. I am also a teacher of subject which likes its meat alot alas!!!!!

Welcome aboard clare, Same as you, since I started college, same reasons too, no idea what pannacotta is though! Metal is my favourite too, would love to see rammstein here, all I have seen in Ireland is slipknot and metallica a few times, then tool and slayer concerts. :)
    Oh and sunno)))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

lol, only just realised that everyone else said a bit about themselves along with a pic, but as my other pics didn't tell much maybe it was appropriate...

Anywho, I'm David, but almost everyone knows me as cocoa anyway =) I'm about to go into third year of electronic engineering and hopefully, move out for good =) I like ultimate frisbee and juggling =) I'm vegan right now (and for one more month) mostly out of curiosity. When I did some research it seemed that being vegan or vegetarian could only help my health and in some people had great effects =) So I'm vegan for three months to see what happens =P At this stage I haven't seen much difference, but than I haven't really been eating properly so I might extend the test =) I don't really love meat (or any food for that matter) so I reckon if it's as easy not to, then I shouldn't be going out of my way to eat animals... It seems I'll be vegetarian from here on out anyway =) (which now seems soooo easy =P)

and finally, a proper -ish pic :

89295.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I'll have to stop thinking of you having a crazy long hair now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

can't believe there are no pics from the weekend in cork here.

anyway here's me (if I can get picture uploaded

Picture121.jpg

DocBrown.jpg*

camera007-2.jpg

*pictures may or may not contain me

nice pix smeg hehe
    cocoa wrote: »
    lol, only just realised that everyone else said a bit about themselves along with a pic, but as my other pics didn't tell much maybe it was appropriate...

Anywho, I'm David, but almost everyone knows me as cocoa anyway =) I'm about to go into third year of electronic engineering and hopefully, move out for good =) I like ultimate frisbee and juggling =) I'm vegan right now (and for one more month) mostly out of curiosity. When I did some research it seemed that being vegan or vegetarian could only help my health and in some people had great effects =) So I'm vegan for three months to see what happens =P At this stage I haven't seen much difference, but than I haven't really been eating properly so I might extend the test =) I don't really love meat (or any food for that matter) so I reckon if it's as easy not to, then I shouldn't be going out of my way to eat animals... It seems I'll be vegetarian from here on out anyway =) (which now seems soooo easy =P)

and finally, a proper -ish pic :

89295.jpg
    So you are in elec in dublin eh, I did elec+comp in nuig and finished a year ago. Great craic isn't it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Missiechan

Why did I not find this thread before now? 'Cos I'm lazy, that's why!

Hello all, my name is Missiechan (my real name is a mystery, even to me) I'm twenty-six, I work in childcare and I'm a vegetarian. If backed into a corner I'll eat a little fish, like if I'm in a place with a big group that serves nothing veggie (yes, I'm looking at you Bubba Gump's of Orlando, Florida!) but I prefer not to.

My hobbies are drawing, sewing, knitting, reading, playing video games and dressing up as fictional characters for the craic. There are several others but I'll need more space to write them in.

Also, I have a real thing for musicals. Just 'cos.

P8220083.jpg

• Advertisement

Welcome aboard, hope to see your posts about! By fictional characters do you eman cosplay? :p

Advertisement