Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Jumpy wrote: »
    I just opened my long-sleeve packet yesterday. Are the sleeves meant to be loose? All the other long sleeves I have are skintight.

Edit: No foreskin jokes please.

i have a XS Long sleeve jersey and the sleeve are indeed loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Is there a special beep? If so what is it?

Standard honk for a Boards sighting...
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

That would turn my saddle brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Jumpy wrote: »
    I just opened my long-sleeve packet yesterday. Are the sleeves meant to be loose? All the other long sleeves I have are skintight.

Edit: No foreskin jokes please.

Thought it was just me with my puny arm muscles. They are quite baggy.

If I took the jersey to a clothes alteration place would they be able to do anything with it? I suspect they don't deal with bicycle jerseys much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭godihatethehils

full boardsie gear @12ish this morning coming around a narrow corner between blessington and sally gap region. I gave a great big wave but I was in Orwell gear so probably just looked like a lunatic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Saw a Jersey heading into Balinastoe wood yesterday morning about 10:00. White (ish) bike if I remember correctly but there was a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DrGroove

Hello to you too.

Whoever I saw was on a dark coloured bike. I was wearing black and nodded hello.

Couldn't have been me - acid green olmo steel frame - to go with my dancing days.

I was doing laps on the lance loop though - last week and saw another boardie
    and we both pointer to our jerseys and punched the air. - Was that you Tom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Saw somebody climbing Glasnevin Hill just now (10:30) on a.... bike.

I was coming off Ballymun road at Met Eireann on a Giant hybrid. Shouted but I don't think he noticed me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Saw somebody climbing Glasnevin Hill just now (10:30) on a.... bike.

I was coming off Ballymun road at Met Eireann on a Giant hybrid. Shouted but I don't think he noticed me...

If it was a white Specialized Langster, it was me. I did see someone there at Met Eireann but I didn't hear anything.

Finally spotted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Woo! Two in the one day...

Got a nod from somebody on the Clontarf psycho-path around Bayside. I was in red gloves, yellow top on the aerobars chasing the feller in the green An Post jersey who whizzed by me when I was already flat-out in a tailwind.

Barely managed to twitch a nod back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,062 ✭✭✭buffalo

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Woo! Two in the one day...

Got a nod from somebody on the Clontarf psycho-path around Bayside. I was in red gloves, yellow top on the aerobars chasing the feller in the green An Post jersey who whizzed by me when I was already flat-out in a tailwind.

Barely managed to twitch a nod back...

That was possibly me; there were at least two An Post jerseys out that direction... or possibly the same guy doing very fast circuits? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

Think I may have seen Lumen in disguise at the junction of Patrick st and Upper Kevin st near Patrick's cathedral???

• Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Think I may have seen Lumen in disguise at the junction of Patrick st and Upper Kevin st near Patrick's cathedral???

Probably, that's my route and there aren't many red Planet-X's around. I have not yet felt myself worthy of a boards jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Saw someone on Monday evening going through Templeogue Villege (citybound) around 6.10pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

seamus wrote: »
    Saw someone on Monday evening going through Templeogue Villege (citybound) around 6.10pm?
    Could have been me, I was going through at that time on my way home from Cork.

Titanium racer with a bag on the back:

th_litespeed_bag.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, pretty sure that's the one I remember thinking how well stocked you looked.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Think I passed blorg with spare wheel in tow driving through Goatstown on Wednesday afternoon.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Hermy wrote: »
    Think I passed blorg with spare wheel in tow driving through Goatstown on Wednesday afternoon.
    That would have been me all right, DT Swiss wheelbag on a green fixed Tricross.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Yep, twas the wheel bag that caught my attention blorg.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 28 theclimber

Saw a Boardsie on Tuesday at 10.30am on the glasnaon road finglas, heading in the direction of a certain bike shop :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

theclimber wrote: »
    Saw a Boardsie on Tuesday at 10.30am on the glasnaon road finglas, heading in the direction of a certain bike shop :D

That was me. I work in Finglas Village and had to go over to our other office in town. That's twice I got spotted on that journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Saw somebody on the Morehampton road around 9am today in black tights. I was turning right so didn't get very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Do shorts count?
    If so, Phoenix Park, passing the polo grounds, 7:15 or so last night, heading for town.
    Same guy on Wednesday morning at the juction of Queen Street and Ellis Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

humbert wrote: »
    Saw somebody on the Morehampton road around 9am today in black tights. I was turning right so didn't get very close.

That might have been me! I was kinda late for work

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

saw the full peleton boardsie coming up toward the m50 bridge on the way to lambs cross this morning at about 10.20. gave the boards beep. fair dues to you all, wasn't a great morning for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Were you in a BMW 3 series?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

yep, that was me in the silver car. warm and not at all windy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

copacetic wrote: »
    yep, that was me in the silver car. warm and not at all windy!

Where were you when we needed a lift back from the gap!!!

It was not nice weather at all. Good beeping though, definitely able to distinguish between the friendly "pip-pip" and the angry honk.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

Saw a boards jersey today on the coast road in Clontarf at about six-ish.

Another possible was a guy on a Planet X bike at around the same time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Sighting around 6.30pm on Ballycullen rd(Scholarstown end) coming up the outside of traffic.

Advertisement