Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon Treaty - Exit Poll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Sabertooth

I voted ""NO"".....Respect the Irish Constitution...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

PrivateEye wrote: »
    If you're implying it was a xenophobic vote, considering I'm a committed anti-fascist, then nope. It was two fingers to an undemocratic referendum, two fingers to IBEC and their endorsement of a Treaty they feel would 'liberalise education', and two fingers to a certain CEO.

PrivateEye, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're very anti - Youth Defense? (well if you're an anti-fascist I guess you are) I believe we talked about them previously on another thread.

How do you feel about being on the same side as Cóir on this?

Not trying to be a smartass in any way, because while I disagree very strongly with your political viewpoint, I respect your commitment to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭partholon

voted NO.

like LAST time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Just back , Yes++

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Sabertooth wrote: »

:confused: ...er yes that's a good reason to vote no.....or yes.......:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Voted NO the first time, Voted NO again tonight.

Hopefully boards isn't representative of the general population who have voted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I voted yes.though if I had the option, I would have voted meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Garseys wrote: »
    I voted yes.though if I had the option, I would have voted meh.

So why did you bother voting at all if you don't care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

turgon wrote: »
    http://apps.facebook.com/realpolls/results/ojv8khe43

Yes - 925 - 49.1%
    No - 853 - 45.3%

http://apps.facebook.com/realpolls/results/fxuihr9be

Yes - 303 - 51.8%
    No - 230 - 39.3%

i saw one on breaking news.ie earlier with 1200 votes on it, it was 47% yes, 45% no, cant find it right now though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Voted no again and will vote no in the next one.........if there is one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jobseeker55

Coir is just another name for Youth Defence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jobseeker55

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    Itll be counted

this is not Florida

;)

I don't think it will be counted, think it will be regarded as a spoiled vote - but I could be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Coir is just another name for Youth Defence
    Indeed, and the Youth Defence is run by the daughters of the woman who delcared those to be in favour of divorce to be "wife swapping sodomites". Nutjobs all around who've been given far too much attention this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Voted yes.

Didn't vote yes for jobs/recovery/"be in the centre of decision making"
    Didn't vote no because of 1.84/conscription/abortion/workers rights

Voted yes based on the same premise that was argued last time, it's seems to be just about making it more efficient/democratic and probably in the end what make the slightest bit of difference to Ireland.

Now when is that vote to remove that f*ckin' government :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭USE

I don't think it will be counted, think it will be regarded as a spoiled vote - but I could be wrong
    You are wrong. It would be taken as a spoiled vote only if there would be marks in both of the options.

The ballot-paper asks to put an 'X', but even if you would put '1' it would be counted in.
    While voters should mark X in the box, any clear sign of their preference such as 1 in the relevant box will be taken as a valid vote.

If a mark is put in both boxes then the vote will be invalid.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1002/1224255679580.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sabertooth wrote: »
    So what, it should never be amended, or only when it suits you? And if so, why doesn't it suit you now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Now when is that vote to remove that f*ckin' government :D

join the greens :D wait few months and start stirring up **** ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Just voted Yes about ten minutes ago. Exit poll is looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭USE

Voter preference in the Tallaght area of the Dublin South West constituency, which recorded the highest No vote of 65 per cent last year, appeared to be more mixed this time.

Several voters, interviewed by The Irish Times , said they had reversed their decision to vote No last time because of the state of the economy.

But others said they were holding firm to their decision to reject Lisbon, with some saying they resented having to vote a second time on the treaty.

The overwhelming majority voters interviewed in Dún Laoghaire, which recorded the highest Yes vote in the country last year, said they had vote Yes.
    Here.

Maybe tomorrow I will get a reason to taste some champagne... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

There is a significant No vote, which I have to admit, I am surprised by. I suspected that the No vote would be alot smaller this time around, but I am not going to take this poll as any indication of the actual result, this is the internet after all, still its interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

PrivateEye, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're very anti - Youth Defense? (well if you're an anti-fascist I guess you are) I believe we talked about them previously on another thread.

How do you feel about being on the same side as Cóir on this?

I'm staunchly anti-Justin Barrett League/Youth Defence, yep. I'm pro-choice in fact, for what its worth.

Why would it be an issue to me? Would I feel any better being on the same side as crooks like Bertie Ahern, or the likes of Michael O' Leary and IBEC?

I opposed this treaty on grounds very different to those of Coir. They'll still exist regardless of how the vote goes, they don't give a sh/t for workers rights, and I don't know anyone for whom Coirs involvement was a reason to switch from No to Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I'm staunchly anti-Justin Barrett League/Youth Defence, yep. I'm pro-choice in fact, for what its worth.

Why would it be an issue to me? Would I feel any better being on the same side as crooks like Bertie Ahern, or the likes of Michael O' Leary and IBEC?

Didn't say you should feel better by being on the other side. Was just curious, given you stated your reasons for voting no as including giving two fingers to O' Leary, and IBEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

this is weird..first time I have seen a lisbon poll on the internet that is not heavily in favour of the no...(well except the athiest lisbon poll.)

Now I am seeing not one but four at the same time... And its just over an hour from closing.

Not much to get excited over I know, its only an internet poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Will the bad weather favor the yay or nay?

I'm thinking the No side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

MikeC101 wrote: »
    Didn't say you should feel better by being on the other side. Was just curious, given you stated your reasons for voting no as including giving two fingers to O' Leary, and IBEC.

Well IBECs submission to the Forum On Europe last year held a bit more weight for me than a few posters about the EU 'killing old people' or some such 'Jim Coir' rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

holding at 58% now the poll

fingers crossed this reflects reality

provided the people that voted in this poll represent a random enough sample of the population, then it should be quite indicative

but will find out tomorrow, in meantime im gonna drink to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Voted yes just now. Looking good.

Can anyone answer me this:
    Isn't there some kind of media black out 24hrs before the general elections? It's just that I saw some lunatics campaigning on Grafton Street this afternoon and it just didn't seem quite right - are they allowed to campaign on the day of the referendum?

well my sister was able to turn the staff of my mum's clinic into yes voters by just reading out Jim Corr's post from earlier in the week so maybe the earlier talk of Coir's excessive tactics backlashing came true?

I know my aunt was horrified that someone sunk low enough to stick children onto their campaign posters (the libertas ones) so there are some equally strange reasons for voting on both sides.

Isn't there some kind of media black out 24hrs before the general elections? It's just that I saw some lunatics campaigning on Grafton Street this afternoon and it just didn't seem quite right - are they allowed to campaign on the day of the referendum?

Didnt stop Coir sticking two big aboriton posters outside the polling station in thurles...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

spadder wrote: »
    Will the bad weather favor the yay or nay?

I'm thinking the No side.

Were having excellent weather all day here in Cork. I think the higher the turnout the better for the Yes side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement