Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

11th in Ireland so just a week away now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Off to Teignmouth in the morn, hope I don't get pissed on.

It's a bit farther than the gig in Marlay Park last year which is up the road from me but hey :rolleyes:
    A full run-through of the new album is in order hopefully :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

davenewt wrote: »
    From seeing them last time they were over I have to say, really not that impressed with them live. And I wanted to be. Completely flat, no rapport with the crowd or anything. You don't want a run-through of the songs as per the album when you're at a live gig. These are not the droids you're looking for. You definitely, absolutely, categorically want some rocking out, from ANY band's live performance... and especially from these guys.

Looking for a reason to want to find tickets for them in November, personally. Hoping the album is that reason.

Marlay Park was the opposite of what you said, apart from the rapport with the fans(the band hate crowd banter!). Ok starlight and invincible were a bit flat but you could tell they were really enjoying themselves here. aswell we got dead star and space dementia aswell as the extended version of Bliss.

I wasn't at the point in 06 but afaik the 06 leg of BHaR tour was awful!

Seeing some of the fan reviews of the resistance, Exogenesis is just phenomenal and unnatural selection is Citizen Erased, Megalmonia and Assassins 3-some baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Garseys wrote: »
    Was there and the BHaR tour was awful for a very obvious reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Kold wrote: »
    Was there and the BHaR tour was awful for a very obvious reason.

They played the best songs from BH&R, and then the usual stomping hits....sounds good to me. Take A Bow was best intro I've ever seen at a gig. Although in saying that, it was prob the worst gig of theirs I've seen, even though it wasn't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Set list from tonights gig in Teignmouth:

1. Uprising
    2. Supermassive Black Hole
    3. Stockholm Syndrome
    4. Resistance
    5. Hysteria
    6. New Born
    7. Map of the Problematique
    8. United States of Eurasia
    9. Cave
    10. Popcorn
    11. Starlight
    12. Undisclosed Desire
    13. Time Is Running Out
    14. Unnatural Selection
    15. Plug In Baby
    16. Knights of Cydonia

May seem short but I heard they had a 11pm curfew, so 16 is pretty good. There should be 1 or 2 more in November.

Should tell us a lot about what to expect on the Resistance Tour though. Big Yay on sticking with MotP (thought they might drop it), and very big yay on playing Unnatural Selection which from the sounds of it will be the song of the album. Also kinda happy they dropped Feeling Good, and I won't miss Invincible too much. Surprised Resistance is there though, would've thought something like MK Ultra would be played.

Hope the lack of Butterfiles and Hurricanes isn't a permanent thing though. If they can swap that with Popcorn, add in Take a Bow to the mix and change Cave for one of the better songs off Showbiz, then it's a near perfect set list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

All my fears have been laid to rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol there's a part in that which sounds a bit too close to Abba's 'Lay All Your Love On Me' for my liking.

:confused:

I was there and thought it was brilliant. 'Take A Bow' and 'Knights of Cydonia' are the perfect opener/closer combination.

Having said that, it wasn't a patch on the Absolution tour gig in the Olympia. The again, I don't think anything could come close to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm liking the videos of the new songs. Will be better hearing them in proper quality next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Love Unnatural Selection!!

Listening to it non-stop since last night :)

• Advertisement

My god that's going to be a serious tune. Only listened to it once or twice, don't want to spoil it for myself too much.

Also, some Japanese site are legally streaming the entire album from next Monday to Wednesday, so the whole thing should be available from then.

A few others from last night:

First time I've heard 'Undisclosed Desires' and it's quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

I've only listened to Unnatural Selection once, along with Uprising and USoE thats all I've heard.
    I'm gonna try hold out until Friday, when I get a copy of the album.

As mentioned before Unnatural Selection sounds great :)

loving matts keytar lol

Daysha wrote: »
    Set list from tonights gig in Teignmouth:

setlist

May seem short but I heard they had a 11pm curfew, so 16 is pretty good. There should be 1 or 2 more in November.

Should tell us a lot about what to expect on the Resistance Tour though. Big Yay on sticking with MotP (thought they might drop it), and very big yay on playing Unnatural Selection which from the sounds of it will be the song of the album. Also kinda happy they dropped Feeling Good, and I won't miss Invincible too much. Surprised Resistance is there though, would've thought something like MK Ultra would be played.

Hope the lack of Butterfiles and Hurricanes isn't a permanent thing though. If they can swap that with Popcorn, add in Take a Bow to the mix and change Cave for one of the better songs off Showbiz, then it's a near perfect set list.

Feeling good hasn't been dropped yet *facepalm* they played it last night.

Voila set list

1. Uprising
    2. Map of the problematique
    3. Supermassive black hole
    4. Resistance
    5. Hysteria
    6. New born
    7. Feeling good
    8. United states of Eurasia
    9. Cave
    10. Popcorn
    11. Starlight
    12. Undisclosed desires
    13. Time is running out
    14. Unnatural selection
    15. Stockholm syndrome
    16. Plug in baby
    17. Knights of Cydonia

Disappointed at Feeling good not being dropped, there's much better tracks.
    Cave on Piano sounds brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shell022

Wow, loving the new songs. Roll on friday and the dublin gig. Soooo excited now that i've seen the setlist and that they've kept Motp in. Quite piossibly one of my fave songs..

shell022 wrote: »
    Wow, loving the new songs. Roll on friday and the dublin gig. Soooo excited now that i've seen the setlist and that they've kept Motp in. Quite piossibly one of my fave songs..
    +1

MOTP is awesome.

Absolutely loving Unnatural Selection, and that sounded the weakest from the 30 second previews. I knew Muse wouldnt let me down hehe

I was looking at those setlists wondering WTF this 'Popcorn' was.

Then I found this -

Amazing! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Listened to some of the Youtube songs, awesome.

I'm raging though, I got my dates mixed up and have a wedding which I have to attend on the 6th Nov (thought it was the week after). Have to sell my dublin Muse tickets now :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Listened to some of the Youtube songs, awesome.

I'm raging though, I got my dates mixed up and have a wedding which I have to attend on the 6th Nov (thought it was the week after). Have to sell my dublin Muse tickets now :(:(:(

I'LL BUY IT!!!!PM SENT!!!!! :)

:eek: Absolutely horrendous

Xavi6 wrote: »

:eek: Absolutely horrendous

Yep. Almost as bad as..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

aphex™ wrote: »

This is the only good mashup involving muse I've ever seen.

hmm, it was ok.. wouldn't be mad on it. just give me the originals thanks!! 2 months guys, 2 months!!!!

Loving muse night and undisclosed desires. Its so fresh and different :) On BBC Radio 1 right now until 00:00

• Advertisement

oh i forgot about this. have it on now.. oh there playing some of there new stuff. excellent.

Amazing song, absolutely brilliant.

aw man this is brilliant.. sooo excited for the gig now.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

Just watching the highlights of the Teignmouth gig on BBCi at the moment and Undisclosed Desires just came on. It's pretty good, but doesn't have the same power or effect as the studio version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Feeling good hasn't been dropped yet *facepalm* they played it last night.

Voila set list

1. Uprising
    2. Map of the problematique
    3. Supermassive black hole
    4. Resistance
    5. Hysteria
    6. New born
    7. Feeling good
    8. United states of Eurasia
    9. Cave
    10. Popcorn
    11. Starlight
    12. Undisclosed desires
    13. Time is running out
    14. Unnatural selection
    15. Stockholm syndrome
    16. Plug in baby
    17. Knights of Cydonia

Disappointed at Feeling good not being dropped, there's much better tracks.
    Cave on Piano sounds brilliant.

I'm guessing the set list will be very similar for the gig in November in the 02?

That's an awful, awful set list :(

That's an awful, awful set list :(

The middle from Feeling Good to Starlight is pretty weak too I think, but it's a very solid opening and the last 4 songs are completely epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

The album is great thus far :D

Muse board is going into lockdown at the moment, I'm suprised it didn't happen a lot sooner. oh well 2 days before official streaming is very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Just listened to a new song there on Paul McLoone and I really didn't like it. The start sounded a bit like a ****ty pop song from Timbaland or something! Don't think I will enjoy the new album at all at all, especially since I despise Queen, and thus far the album sounds like it could be a Queen dedication with a bit of Depeche Mode thrown in.... :mad:

Many of the songs change quite a bit in several places.. interesting

Albums been leaked in full

Perfect quality, im f*cking hooked :D

Exogenesis......Honestly, the best thing muse have did in their entire careers

Actually you could probably sum up the album that way...

I belong to you had me in stitches! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

This album is pretty great. Like it more than Black Holes already.

• Advertisement

Epic album. Listening to it for the 5th time right now. Its so varied :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭stiofain2005

Was really worried about the album beforehand after hearing uprising and USOE but im really liking the album. Uprising has even grown on me.
    Just about to listen to Exogenisis now. :D

Got it, and I'm very, very happy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Just listening to album myself now. Exogenesis is suitably epic, as predicted, but my personal faves are Unnatural Selection and USOE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Downloading the album now. I log off the muse boards for a week and there's tons of new live stuff and songs everywhere. :eek:

Love the songs released so far and 30 second clips are pretty good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Listened to this album there, really hugely disappointed. First muse album I heard that I didnt like.

NME have stopped bumming the band 6/10....

Yup, it's a fantastic album. But I've only had about 3 solid listens since I got it late last night and I still think it needs another few hours before I start thinking where it ranks with their previous albums.

It's weird how different some of the songs sound when you compare it to just the 30 second previews though. I was sure Resistance wouldn't really be for me, but it's fast becoming my favourite song on the album, something I was nearly sure was going to be MK Ultra. But while it's still a great song, I don't know if I like that dark, middle section.

Unnatural Selection is as good as I expected it to be, Guiding Light is a lot better than I expected it to be too, it's like the song Invincible should have been.

NME have stopped bumming the band 6/10....

The same crowd that gave BHaR a 9?

Yeah...

• Advertisement

Daysha wrote: »
    Yup, it's a fantastic album. But I've only had about 3 solid listens since I got it late last night and I still think it needs another few hours before I start thinking where it ranks with their previous albums.

It's weird how different some of the songs sound when you compare it to just the 30 second previews though. I was sure Resistance wouldn't really be for me, but it's fast becoming my favourite song on the album, something I was nearly sure was going to be MK Ultra. But while it's still a great song, I don't know if I like that dark, middle section.

Unnatural Selection is as good as I expected it to be, Guiding Light is a lot better than I expected it to be too, it's like the song Invincible should have been.

I like I belong to you, It's just such a muse taking the piss song. also I think its the first song that self references them and other songs.
    the clarinet solo had me in stitches for a few minutes! also matt's french singing

Advertisement