Advertisement
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Muse

1235748

Comments



  • Muse gig #8. This will be my third




  • It'll actually only be number 7 now that I think about it.

    Dublin Castle 2002
    Olympia 2004
    Oxegen 2004
    The Point 2006
    Big Day Out 2007
    Perth 2007




  • miralize wrote: »
    Multiple reviewers say it has a football chant in it. Something like Oi, Oi, Oi.

    Maybe "MK Ultra" is a song about unsavoury MK Dons supporters?:pac:




  • Xavi6 wrote: »
    It'll actually only be number 7 now that I think about it.

    Dublin Castle 2002
    Olympia 2004
    Oxegen 2004
    The Point 2006
    Big Day Out 2007
    Perth 2007
    Mine goes

    Reading 2000
    Olympia 2000
    Dublin Castle 2002
    Olympia 2004
    Oxegen 2004
    The Point 2006

    Had my fair share of Muse at this stage, can't see myself rushing out to see them again any time soon.




  • S.M.B. wrote: »
    Mine goes

    Reading 2000
    Olympia 2000
    Dublin Castle 2002
    Olympia 2004
    Oxegen 2004
    The Point 2006

    Had my fair share of Muse at this stage, can't see myself rushing out to see them again any time soon.

    Will be tough to remember dates. Missed the Dublin Castle AND Olympia gig which is regrettable but was at all these:

    Oxygen 2004
    Earls Court 2004
    Big Day Out, Gold Coast 2007
    Marlay Park 2008
    and in a few months...
    O2 Dublin 2009.

    Still mad for more, The Earls Court gig was something else.


  • Advertisement


  • RAH gig sounds awesome, same with KROQ and Reading.

    Been to Oxegen 07 and Marlay Park so far.

    Actually my friend wanted to go to the o2 gig but i only have 2 tickets (one for another friend). Anyone know where I can find a third ticket?




  • miralize wrote: »
    RAH gig sounds awesome, same with KROQ and Reading.

    Been to Oxegen 07 and Marlay Park so far.

    Actually my friend wanted to go to the o2 gig but i only have 2 tickets (one for another friend). Anyone know where I can find a third ticket?

    try toutless.com but It can be tough.

    What's RAH and KROQ?




  • Royal Albert Hall, and KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas - Concerts




  • Only Marlay Park so far myself, but got my tickets sorted for the o2 a good while back. But I've only been into Muse since BHaR when I first heard Knights of Cydonia.

    I don't really get the whole "ah sure it'll sound great live" excuse though. 99.99% of your plays will be from the album on your iPod, computer or whatever, so I'd much rather an epic song that doesn't work that well live than a pretty mediocre song that comes off better at the live gigs (something I'd but USoE in right now).




  • I don't like the new song. At all.


  • Advertisement


  • Mines

    Temple Bar Music Centre 2000
    Trinity Ball 2000
    Slane 2000
    Olympia 2000
    Witnness 2001
    Leeds 2001
    Dublin Castle 2002
    Olympia 2004
    Olympia 2004
    Oxegen 2004
    The Point 2006
    Marlay Park 2008

    I'm a Muse freak since I was 14 :D




  • Daysha wrote: »
    Only Marlay Park so far myself, but got my tickets sorted for the o2 a good while back. But I've only been into Muse since BHaR when I first heard Knights of Cydonia.

    I don't really get the whole "ah sure it'll sound great live" excuse though. 99.99% of your plays will be from the album on your iPod, computer or whatever, so I'd much rather an epic song that doesn't work that well live than a pretty mediocre song that comes off better at the live gigs (something I'd but USoE in right now).

    I dont agree, I have way more plays on concert bootlegs than the albums. I still listen to both, but the live versions are amazing




  • miralize wrote: »
    I dont agree, I have way more plays on concert bootlegs than the albums. I still listen to both, but the live versions are amazing

    -1

    I do agree with that he said. I listen to live only when i see them live or watch a DVD or something. On my ipod or whatever I prefer the studio album.




  • I actually hated Muse live. The set was good as was the music but it was so so impersonal. Not one bit of crowd reaction. Really put me off them




  • Bubs101 wrote: »
    I actually hated Muse live. The set was good as was the music but it was so so impersonal. Not one bit of crowd reaction. Really put me off them

    WHAT?!?

    again, WHAT?!?

    I always thought Muse were a good band. That was until I saw them live when I realised they are an awesome band! Maybe the best band in the world today. They totally rocked the place, they do every time. The first 2 times I was in the front row and was amazed by the performance. Matt playing guitar behind his head, breaking guitars after the second song, improvising solos. Where was it you saw them? In Earls court Matt was talking to us loads and was down in the front row with his video camera (I'm on it i'm sure) and slapping hands and just generally having a good time. Maybe that was because it was in England so was a home gig for him. I have heard of people saying Muse are okay but live they are brilliant. I have never heard somebody say they didn't like them live before and i'm gobsmacked. Where was it you saw them?




  • Saw them in the point. Was at the front of the pit pretty much. It was impressive and fun but at the end I got no real interaction or anything. Felt they were going through the motions




  • muse havent released a good album since OOS. Theyre bloody awful nowadays compared to stuff like plug in baby/citizen erased




  • When I saw Muse at Big day Out I got a feeling like that alright. Kinda like they were sick of it where as before it was like they were playing as if their lives depended on it. Got that feeling back again at Marlay Park though so maybe you should give them another try.

    Muse haven't released anything good since OOS? Okay, Citizen Erased is my favourite Muse song but Absolution I think is the better album. Time is running out, stockholm syndrome, hysteria, the small print, falling away with you, butterfiles and hurricanes - OOS doesn't have as many tracks that are as good. I'm not overly crazy about BHAR but it has some awesome tracks on there.




  • Showbiz > Origin of Symmetry > Black Holes & Revelations > Absolution

    In that order for me.

    Hullaballoo > HAAARP




  • Has to be
    1. Absolution
    2. OoS
    3. BHaR
    4. Showbiz

    Love most songs on all albums


  • Advertisement


  • 1: Absolution
    2: Showbiz
    2: OOS
    3: BHAR

    Can never decide between BHAR and OOS




  • I await mockery of the highest order after posting this.

    I never really got into muse, thought their singles were ok.
    My best mate went to see them in marlay park last year i think, and said they were out of this world. He asked me to go to the gig in the o2, and when i said 'ah no thanks, youre grand' he got me a ticket anyway cos theyre supposedly so awesome live.

    Heres the question. i wanna give them a proper listen before i go, so whats the best album to get. I have harrp, but what else is good for a muse newcomer (dont like using the word newbie)




  • I await mockery of the highest order after posting this.

    I never really got into muse, thought their singles were ok.
    My best mate went to see them in marlay park last year i think, and said they were out of this world. He asked me to go to the gig in the o2, and when i said 'ah no thanks, youre grand' he got me a ticket anyway cos theyre supposedly so awesome live.

    Heres the question. i wanna give them a proper listen before i go, so whats the best album to get. I have harrp, but what else is good for a muse newcomer (dont like using the word newbie)

    I reckon Absolution. It's not just because it's my favourite, it's got the "biggest" singles and is very easy to get into. But you should listen to the others too, there are so many class songs on all the albums. I guess you'll have to get The Resistance when it comes out because they'll obviously be playing mostly stuff from that. Let's hope it's a good album, i'm a slight bit nervous myself...




  • I await mockery of the highest order after posting this.

    I never really got into muse, thought their singles were ok.
    My best mate went to see them in marlay park last year i think, and said they were out of this world. He asked me to go to the gig in the o2, and when i said 'ah no thanks, youre grand' he got me a ticket anyway cos theyre supposedly so awesome live.

    Heres the question. i wanna give them a proper listen before i go, so whats the best album to get. I have harrp, but what else is good for a muse newcomer (dont like using the word newbie)

    Just get the Hullabaloo DVD.




  • Bubs101 wrote: »
    Saw them in the point. Was at the front of the pit pretty much. It was impressive and fun but at the end I got no real interaction or anything. Felt they were going through the motions

    I noticed that too, would put it as only bad mark against them. Then again, Matt is really really shy, so talking to massive audiences wouldn't suit him. Least he doesn't feed usual crap of 'XXX being best city in the world'.

    Album order of preference for me is difficult, kinda like QotSA albums personally.
    1: Origins of Symmetry(sitting at Darling Harbour as sun sets with whole album blasting my ears, it was, excuse the pun, bliss).
    2: Absolution(first time I heard Muse was Stockholm Syndrome...been an addiction ever since)
    3: Showbiz
    4:Black Holes....although some songs are much better, its prob just an 'at the moment' thing that its last.




  • 30 seconds of the first single Uprising went out on radio a few days ago. Already much better then USoE so far, but where the hell have all the guitar's gone?!





  • I really dont know what to expect from this anymore. Gonna be cool to hear what the whole thing sounds like.




  • Daysha wrote: »
    30 seconds of the first single Uprising went out on radio a few days ago. Already much better then USoE so far, but where the hell have all the guitar's gone?!



    Wouldn't worry about that - I can tell straight away that it'll kick into a rock monster around the 2 and a half minute mark :D




  • My god that was a forgettable 30 seconds :(
    Suppose I'll reserve judgement until I hear it in the context of the rest of the song.


  • Advertisement


  • Daysha wrote: »
    30 seconds of the first single Uprising went out on radio a few days ago. Already much better then USoE so far, but where the hell have all the guitar's gone?!


    That is guitar;)


Advertisement