Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Muse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

how??

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

With my ears... :p

Going to be reviewing the album so a sneak peak has been arranged, since they're not sending out promo copies.

You won one of the 5 spots on Muse.mu/NME/Drowned in Sound? Theyre not happening til the 1st of Sept...

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

miralize wrote: »
    You won one of the 5 spots on Muse.mu/NME/Drowned in Sound?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Hardly nonsense
    OK then, please provide a list of these defining bands for every ten year period so that I might review this theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Just got to find some tickets for the concert now!

Try Musebay on the official forums, seen a couple of them there.

As for the Snippets

1.Uprising-Love the choruses, the lyrics are as cheesey as any other political muse song, Hopefully there'll be more guitar in the live version.
    2.Resistance-Thought it was weak at first, but the "it could be wrong" part is very catchy.
    3.Undisclosed Desires-When I heard this song was using samplers,slap bass and no guitar I thought disaster. Easily one of the best tracks from the previews(2ND single possibly)

4.USoE- It's cheesey and a pisstake, anyone else that thinks of this track as serious needs to watch the zane lowe radio 1 interview. It's supposed to be OTT!
    5.Guiding Light- As Daysha said, it's Invincible Part deux, not much explanation needed.
    6.Unnatural Selection-Apparently the clip is of the middle section of the song, its a lot heavier than it seems. Another catchy chorus part.
    7.MK Ultra-Sounds amazing, the harmonies are chilling.
    8.I Belong to you-The Lyrics are hilarious but it's very contemporary(maroon 5 anyone?)
    Exogenesis-Fair Balls to Bellamy for composing this, its superb(Can't wait to see it played live in one form or another)

Anyone here heading to their homecoming gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Garseys wrote: »
    Try Musebay on the official forums, seen a couple of them there.

As for the Snippets

1.Uprising-Love the choruses, the lyrics are as cheesey as any other political muse song, Hopefully there'll be more guitar in the live version.
    2.Resistance-Thought it was weak at first, but the "it could be wrong" part is very catchy.
    3.Undisclosed Desires-When I heard this song was using samplers,slap bass and no guitar I thought disaster. Easily one of the best tracks from the previews(2ND single possibly)

4.USoE- It's cheesey and a pisstake, anyone else that thinks of this track as serious needs to watch the zane lowe radio 1 interview. It's supposed to be OTT!
    5.Guiding Light- As Daysha said, it's Invincible Part deux, not much explanation needed.
    6.Unnatural Selection-Apparently the clip is of the middle section of the song, its a lot heavier than it seems. Another catchy chorus part.
    7.MK Ultra-Sounds amazing, the harmonies are chilling.
    8.I Belong to you-The Lyrics are hilarious but it's very contemporary(maroon 5 anyone?)
    Exogenesis-Fair Balls to Bellamy for composing this, its superb(Can't wait to see it played live in one form or another)

Anyone here heading to their homecoming gigs?

Would agree with that summary of the snippets, especially the Maroon 5 vibe to I Belong To You.

Can't go to homecoming gigs either, wont get time off work:( Also, its max sound level is at 85 debibals:eek: Better warn people not to talk loudly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Not that this album needs any more hype, but the early reviews coming out have been absolutely flawless so far. Zan Lowe called it the most complete Muse album yet, The Times have called it genius, some Japanese crowd have said its an incredible masterpiece, and Play.com called it a genuine modern masterpiece.

No pressure lads!

Daysha wrote: »
    Not that this album needs any more hype, but the early reviews coming out have been absolutely flawless so far. Zan Lowe called it the most complete Muse album yet, The Times have called it genius, some Japanese crowd have said its an incredible masterpiece, and Play.com called it a genuine modern masterpiece.

No pressure lads!

Zanes Review was the one that got me hyped:D

I can't wait to have Exogenesis blaring through my speakers!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Hey folks, sorry to jump in, just catching up. Jeez is the new album not out yet? Pfff....
    seen them 4 times live and with every release the loose everything i loved about them in the first palce.. that raw screeching sound of teenage anger has been replaced by mediocre upper class suburbia 'opera rock'............

Well they dont actually improv that much., Seen em live4 times now and there wasnt much Improv at all actually there was nothing major except maybe changing a run in piano scale!

From seeing them last time they were over I have to say, really not that impressed with them live. And I wanted to be. Completely flat, no rapport with the crowd or anything. You don't want a run-through of the songs as per the album when you're at a live gig. These are not the droids you're looking for. You definitely, absolutely, categorically want some rocking out, from ANY band's live performance... and especially from these guys.

Looking for a reason to want to find tickets for them in November, personally. Hoping the album is that reason.
    Anyone else think the intro in Uprising sounds like the Doctor Who theme tune?

Unfortunately, yes.

Good thing, however, is the pace of Uprising - did someone say mosh?! :D
    I can't wait to have Exogenesis blaring through my speakers!

I'll need some better speakers, myself. Or maybe I'll just open a window and if you can do the same I'm sure I'll hear it :)

Roll on the 14th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

11th in Ireland so just a week away now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Off to Teignmouth in the morn, hope I don't get pissed on.

It's a bit farther than the gig in Marlay Park last year which is up the road from me but hey :rolleyes:
    A full run-through of the new album is in order hopefully :pac:

davenewt wrote: »
    From seeing them last time they were over I have to say, really not that impressed with them live. And I wanted to be. Completely flat, no rapport with the crowd or anything. You don't want a run-through of the songs as per the album when you're at a live gig. These are not the droids you're looking for. You definitely, absolutely, categorically want some rocking out, from ANY band's live performance... and especially from these guys.

Looking for a reason to want to find tickets for them in November, personally. Hoping the album is that reason.

Marlay Park was the opposite of what you said, apart from the rapport with the fans(the band hate crowd banter!). Ok starlight and invincible were a bit flat but you could tell they were really enjoying themselves here. aswell we got dead star and space dementia aswell as the extended version of Bliss.

I wasn't at the point in 06 but afaik the 06 leg of BHaR tour was awful!

Seeing some of the fan reviews of the resistance, Exogenesis is just phenomenal and unnatural selection is Citizen Erased, Megalmonia and Assassins 3-some baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Was there and the BHaR tour was awful for a very obvious reason.

Kold wrote: »
    Was there and the BHaR tour was awful for a very obvious reason.

They played the best songs from BH&R, and then the usual stomping hits....sounds good to me. Take A Bow was best intro I've ever seen at a gig. Although in saying that, it was prob the worst gig of theirs I've seen, even though it wasn't bad.

Set list from tonights gig in Teignmouth:

1. Uprising
    2. Supermassive Black Hole
    3. Stockholm Syndrome
    4. Resistance
    5. Hysteria
    6. New Born
    7. Map of the Problematique
    8. United States of Eurasia
    9. Cave
    10. Popcorn
    11. Starlight
    12. Undisclosed Desire
    13. Time Is Running Out
    14. Unnatural Selection
    15. Plug In Baby
    16. Knights of Cydonia

May seem short but I heard they had a 11pm curfew, so 16 is pretty good. There should be 1 or 2 more in November.

Should tell us a lot about what to expect on the Resistance Tour though. Big Yay on sticking with MotP (thought they might drop it), and very big yay on playing Unnatural Selection which from the sounds of it will be the song of the album. Also kinda happy they dropped Feeling Good, and I won't miss Invincible too much. Surprised Resistance is there though, would've thought something like MK Ultra would be played.

Hope the lack of Butterfiles and Hurricanes isn't a permanent thing though. If they can swap that with Popcorn, add in Take a Bow to the mix and change Cave for one of the better songs off Showbiz, then it's a near perfect set list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

All my fears have been laid to rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol there's a part in that which sounds a bit too close to Abba's 'Lay All Your Love On Me' for my liking.

:confused:

I was there and thought it was brilliant. 'Take A Bow' and 'Knights of Cydonia' are the perfect opener/closer combination.

Having said that, it wasn't a patch on the Absolution tour gig in the Olympia. The again, I don't think anything could come close to that.

I'm liking the videos of the new songs. Will be better hearing them in proper quality next week.

Love Unnatural Selection!!

Listening to it non-stop since last night :)

• Advertisement

My god that's going to be a serious tune. Only listened to it once or twice, don't want to spoil it for myself too much.

Also, some Japanese site are legally streaming the entire album from next Monday to Wednesday, so the whole thing should be available from then.

A few others from last night:

First time I've heard 'Undisclosed Desires' and it's quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

I've only listened to Unnatural Selection once, along with Uprising and USoE thats all I've heard.
    I'm gonna try hold out until Friday, when I get a copy of the album.

As mentioned before Unnatural Selection sounds great :)

loving matts keytar lol

Daysha wrote: »
    Set list from tonights gig in Teignmouth:

setlist

May seem short but I heard they had a 11pm curfew, so 16 is pretty good. There should be 1 or 2 more in November.

Should tell us a lot about what to expect on the Resistance Tour though. Big Yay on sticking with MotP (thought they might drop it), and very big yay on playing Unnatural Selection which from the sounds of it will be the song of the album. Also kinda happy they dropped Feeling Good, and I won't miss Invincible too much. Surprised Resistance is there though, would've thought something like MK Ultra would be played.

Hope the lack of Butterfiles and Hurricanes isn't a permanent thing though. If they can swap that with Popcorn, add in Take a Bow to the mix and change Cave for one of the better songs off Showbiz, then it's a near perfect set list.

Feeling good hasn't been dropped yet *facepalm* they played it last night.

Voila set list

1. Uprising
    2. Map of the problematique
    3. Supermassive black hole
    4. Resistance
    5. Hysteria
    6. New born
    7. Feeling good
    8. United states of Eurasia
    9. Cave
    10. Popcorn
    11. Starlight
    12. Undisclosed desires
    13. Time is running out
    14. Unnatural selection
    15. Stockholm syndrome
    16. Plug in baby
    17. Knights of Cydonia

Disappointed at Feeling good not being dropped, there's much better tracks.
    Cave on Piano sounds brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shell022

Wow, loving the new songs. Roll on friday and the dublin gig. Soooo excited now that i've seen the setlist and that they've kept Motp in. Quite piossibly one of my fave songs..

shell022 wrote: »
    Wow, loving the new songs. Roll on friday and the dublin gig. Soooo excited now that i've seen the setlist and that they've kept Motp in. Quite piossibly one of my fave songs..
    +1

MOTP is awesome.

Absolutely loving Unnatural Selection, and that sounded the weakest from the 30 second previews. I knew Muse wouldnt let me down hehe

I was looking at those setlists wondering WTF this 'Popcorn' was.

Then I found this -

Amazing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Listened to some of the Youtube songs, awesome.

I'm raging though, I got my dates mixed up and have a wedding which I have to attend on the 6th Nov (thought it was the week after). Have to sell my dublin Muse tickets now :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Listened to some of the Youtube songs, awesome.

I'm raging though, I got my dates mixed up and have a wedding which I have to attend on the 6th Nov (thought it was the week after). Have to sell my dublin Muse tickets now :(:(:(

I'LL BUY IT!!!!PM SENT!!!!! :)

Advertisement