Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Boy Racer" Crackdown

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭scooby man

well well havent we found ourselves too more do gooders how bout you go out and tell them that instead of havin one off at me on the computer ,or else mind yer own fukin buisness bout what other peoples car sound like twat.......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

So for those of you that just don't know - there are genuine car enthusiasts of a young age that drive and modify jap 'souped' up cars, that do not act in an anti-social manner or drive anymore dangerously than your good selves. So please don't curse every 'boy racer' car you see.

You've highlighted the main problem there, the general public's inability to distinguish between the chavs that just buy whatever is cool at the time and thrash it about towns trying to get as much attention as possible because they genuinely believe they look cool and the proper enthusiast who researches the car they want, joins an owners club, maintains the car to a high standard, knows it inside out, actually has an affection for the car and drives it responsibly on public roads.
    scooby man wrote: »
    well well havent we found ourselves too more do gooders how bout you go out and tell them that instead of havin one off at me on the computer ,or else mind yer own fukin buisness bout what other peoples car sound like <content removed>.......

They usually make it very easy to pick them out on an online forum though! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

well well havent we found ourselves too more do gooders how bout you go out and tell them that instead of havin one off at me on the computer ,or else mind yer own fukin buisness bout what other peoples car sound like twat.......

This will be the last warning. Either post civilly, or not at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

You dont do car enthusiasts any favours with your campaign of insults there fella.
    draffodx wrote: »
    You've highlighted the main problem there, the general public's inability to distinguish between the chavs that just buy whatever is cool at the time and thrash it about towns trying to get as much attention as possible because they genuinely believe they look cool and the proper enthusiast who researches the car they want, joins an owners club, maintains the car to a high standard, knows it inside out, actually has an affection for the car and drives it responsibly on public roads.

Yes! But I guess its easy for the general public not to notice any difference between car enthusiasts or muppet chavs...hard to change it really.

I gave a lift home to a middleaged lad from work and he asked why am I not screeching around the corners...I asked why would I do that? He said 'oh, thought you were a boy racer'. Nope, fraid not.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So for those of you that just don't know - there are genuine car enthusiasts of a young age that drive and modify jap 'souped' up cars, that do not act in an anti-social manner or drive anymore dangerously than your good selves. So please don't curse every 'boy racer' car you see.

That is as said 1/2 the problem, there are a good bunch of lads and I think girls now also, but not as common, who have the power to tear past the rest of us in our standard motors, but have the brain power to know how to treat their car, handle their car and that they are not on a test track.
    Unfortunately what is going to happen is that people like you are going to get penalized for the tin canners or even the high powered car drivers who don't understand or probably not care what they are doing.

How you can stop this happening, I don't honestly know, having a load of high powered cars protest somewhere , even responsibly, is just going to raise a load of "Tuts" and head shakers.

But unfortunately it's the attitude of the people like our wee scoobydriver thats killing it for you, in all meanings of the word.

All that I can say to you 'scooby' is that if this is your attitude on a forum, I wonder what rage you display on the public roads. That I think you have answered quite ably here today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yes! But I guess its easy for the general public not to notice any difference between car enthusiasts or muppet chavs...hard to change it really.

I gave a lift home to a middleaged lad from work and he asked why am I not screeching around the corners...I asked why would I do that? He said 'oh, thought you were a boy racer'. Nope, fraid not.

Its not really that hard, a member of the general public I would expect to have the cop on to judge a person by the way they drive and act on public roads and not simply by the type of car they drive.

The attitude of Gay Byrne, The RSA, There Ad campaigns and the tabloids only adds to the stereotyping problem.

Its not the car that makes the person driving it a boy racer its the way the person drives the car that makes them a boy racer.

ok:D nice lady :(im sworwy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

ok:D nice lady :(im sworwy

You never learn do you :rolleyes:

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Thread locked temporarily. Scooby man taking a week's holidays.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement