Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Boy Racer" Crackdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭GTE

Samba wrote: »
    yes, excuse me...this too.

Even then, a curfew is crazy talk like you say. I dont know what goes through the heads of the people in charge.

Its as if if it doesnt effect them then go mad!

I wonder would the powers at be entertain a top up driving test at hmmm. . 76?

Poor Gaybo

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Theanswers

Good, Quite a few accidents may have been caused from Excessive tints on windows. Driving cars with these would find driving at night / fog / any poor light condition hampered from have poor visability.

As for the exhausts, we all know that some of these are just to loud and offer no preformance to the car....just for Idiots to look cool to the bouys...

Did any one think of commercial cars in this debate? Goverment policy requirers owners to tint out/ panel off rear windows of these cars therefore making it impossible to see out of the rear windows...
    Is this not dangerous in it's own right?
    Yet it is acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Tuam is full of the biggest wanker$ ever in any town I have been to.

Honda Civic boyracer paradise..!

Some poor **** I could hear his blow off valve 5 miles away revving the ballix off his 1.4litre car....

ban them NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Theanswers wrote: »
    Did any one think of commercial cars in this debate? Goverment policy requirers owners to tint out/ panel off rear windows of these cars therefore making it impossible to see out of the rear windows...
    Is this not dangerous in it's own right?
    Yet it is acceptable.
    They are essentially vans, their purpose is to carry cargo. You are supposed to adapt your driving to suit the vehicle. If anyone is incapable of that, then I suggest they shouldn't be on the road at all, let alone behing the wheel of such a commercial vehicle.

Working on the letter*

*Getting effing sidetracked, I have so much real work to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Hope everyone has Word 2007. I'm too lazy at this time of night to go formatting it.

Please make your own changes as you see fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Anyone have a breakdown of the deaths of male drvers between 17-24 according to engine size?

Good letter btw
    Some poor **** I could hear his blow off valve 5 miles away revving the ballix off his 1.4litre car....

A 1.4 civic won't have a blow off valve unless its been turboed. It may have been fake but I've never seen/heard a fake one in day-today life.

I've noticed your ignorance in such things more than once yet you continue to bash both the scum and enthusiasts equally. I would appreciate it if you would read up on the topic and post well thought out/informed information. No more crap please.

ninty9er wrote: »
    They are essentially vans, their purpose is to carry cargo. You are supposed to adapt your driving to suit the vehicle. If anyone is incapable of that, then I suggest they shouldn't be on the road at all, let alone behing the wheel of such a commercial vehicle.

Working on the letter*

*Getting effing sidetracked, I have so much real work to be doing.

True in the case of vans etc...
    But i'm talking about passengers car/ jeeps which have been converted to commercial.
    Nothing physicaly has been changed except for the rear seats being removed and windows tinted/ paneled off. I'm asking is this not dangerous as it removes your ability to view blind spots via rear windows etc.

Oh,
    Very good letter by the way, I as a young male driver completely agree with you, will be sending it off!
    However I do not agree with the restriction part as I now have a full license (aged 17) and as you said in your letter some people in this country received the license merely by ticking a form. I don’t feel I should be decrimated against (engine size, curfew etc) as an older driver who may also just have received his license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Hope everyone has Word 2007. I'm too lazy at this time of night to go formatting it.

Attachment not found.

I've uploaded as word 97-03 for those that have an older version

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Heard on the radio last night the Curfew is 10 pm, absolute joke! Now that was only on a talk show so it aint bible.

Does anyone know what the engine restrictions are to under 25's? TBH i'm in the process of changing to a 1.8 and this aint stopping me...i'm such a renegade!!!

For example, if a 24 year old is driving 7 years, they absolutely cannot tell them what engine size should be his Max, but a 25 year old with no expierence could jump into an M5, No Questions asked...?

I know very few (if any) inexpierenced 25 year olds would buy an M5 but ya know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Nice one!

My own recommendation would also be to ensure this is copied to a few newspapers also to get some weight behind the points you have made (all pertinant points may I add!).

I think there would also be merit in kicking off a campaign to place a curfew on Gay Byrne and his rantings. He should only be allowed airtime between 11pm-5am, on a Tuesday :)

A doddery old reckless fart who frankly knows nothing about road safety and has gone beyond his remit by shooting his mouth off left right and centre on a regular basis.I have no doubt that the RSA employed him originally as a Figurehead, a patron if you will and did not expect him nor give him license to brainstorm road "safety" ideas at will.

Noel Brett needs to sort it out and quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

A thought provoking statement to say the least...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Perhaps you could inform us, as to what paradise of peace you hail from..?

Every town has its gathering of noisy exhausted bangers driven at high speeds by youngsters who think they know it all already...

Personally, I couldn't care less what people drive or how they doll them up.....but when it comes to having to listen to the constant noise from these runts, I draw the line..
    Spoilers on ancient micras/starlets/puntos/corsas look like fecking shopping trolleys........throw in some crappy looking alloys and a gunshot ridden exhaust....and you're a qualified boy racer...........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭scooby man

this country is still extremly small minded and old fashioned and is not a good place for any1 under the age of 40 to live and if your not into drink or G A ****in A youve nothing to do in my village they closed the petrol station down and opened up a ****in saddle shop like what the **** is goin on [[america or oz lads i think, and let the pricks stick this bally go backward country up their fat corrupt soggy ****ing arse.....imprezas sound amazing with big massive exhausts hip hip

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ban them NOW!
    how many towns have you been to? :rolleyes:
    It happens everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

scooby man wrote: »
    this country is still extremly small minded and old fashioned and is not a good place for any1 under the age of 40 to live and if your not into drink or G A ****in A youve nothing to do in my village they closed the petrol station down and opened up a ****in saddle shop like what the **** is goin on [[america or oz lads i think, and let the pricks stick this bally go backward country up their fat corrupt soggy ****ing arse.....imprezas sound amazing with big massive exhausts hip hip
    sorry, can you write that again in English?

look im just getting really fustrated here with the way this country is the lads love their cars so much in ireland and they hate us for it instead of thinking of ways to harness it.lots of lads have real talent at driving but have no money to get into rallying or drifting or racecar driving....i just think its better for every1 to leave this pityfull country and go abroad where no 1 you might get a job no2 will be in comunitys with are much more open minded and wont frown on you for being motorsport fans and not an alco or gaa fanatic plus you get **** all of that weather out there!! but most lads now are stuck living at home with ma and da on the dole coz theres no work and houses are 300% over priced fu ck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

look im just getting really fustrated here with the way this country is the lads love their cars so much in ireland and they hate us for it instead of thinking of ways to harness it.lots of lads have real talent at driving but have no money to get into rallying or drifting or racecar driving....i just think its better for every1 to leave this pityfull country and go abroad where no 1 you might get a job no2 will be in comunitys with are much more open minded and wont frown on you for being motorsport fans and not an alco or gaa fanatic plus you get **** all of that weather out there!! but most lads now are stuck living at home with ma and da on the dole coz theres no work and houses are 300% over priced fu ck

And the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

look im just getting really fustrated here with the way this country is the lads love their cars so much in ireland and they hate us for it instead of thinking of ways to harness it.
    Do you expect the government to give grants for car mods or something?
    lots of lads have real talent at driving but have no money to get into rallying or drifting or racecar driving....
    That's no excuse to act the maggot on a public road. There's plenty of track days available!
    i just think its better for every1 to leave this pityfull country and go abroad where no 1 you might get a job no2 will be in comunitys with are much more open minded and wont frown on you for being motorsport fans and not an alco or gaa fanatic plus you get **** all of that weather out there!!
    Nobody frowns upon motorsport fans, they do frown upon boy racers!
    but most lads now are stuck living at home with ma and da on the dole coz theres no work and houses are 300% over priced fu ck
    What's that got to do with anything? To be honest, in your posts you're not coming across well here. There's 2 sides, boy racers and car enthusiasts. Car enthusiasts don't go drifting and rallying on public roads - boy racers do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

steve06 wrote: »
    Do you expect the government to give grants for car mods or something?

That's no excuse to act the maggot on a public road. There's plenty of track days available!

Nobody frowns upon motorsport fans, they do frown upon boy racers!

What's that got to do with anything? To be honest, in your posts you're not coming across well here. There's 2 sides, boy racers and car enthusiasts. Car enthusiasts don't go drifting and rallying on public roads - boy racers do!

cant argue with anything. very well said.

;)thanks for clearing all that up..when i was younger i did 3 years with tracking device in car from axa could tell them everytime i broke speed limit three letters in the post and your insurance is cancelled.i was a model driver they said passed driving test very young insurance went right down to 400euro and now i drive an impreza wrx safely maybe that should be inforced for 17 to 20 year old boys and girls its called [traksure] EVER THINKOF THAT GAYBO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Did you manage to take a breath typing that! Better attempt than your first post but for the love of God will you punctuate it and paragraph it a bit!!!

Whats the dole and lads out of work got to do with boy racers?
    Put a fricking spoiler on a 1 litre car doesn't mean you can drive like an ass. There are plenty of lads on the road who love cars and have decent cars but there are still too many apes who mod a pile of crap and drive it like a fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

look im just getting really fustrated here with the way this country is the lads love their cars so much in ireland and they hate us for it instead of thinking of ways to harness it.lots of lads have real talent at driving but have no money to get into rallying or drifting or racecar driving

Says it all really. So you think it's ok to act the maggot because they haven't the money to get into racing?!? Are you 12 or something. Grow up and think about that comment for a minute

if their driving a 1 litre then chances are their young,so the traksure policy will slow them lads and girls down (17-20} better than banning exhausts and tinted windows,coz thats what i think this is really about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Dear oh dear where to start?

Gay Byrne and the RSA are inept and stupid. If anyone needs me to explain why then they are also stupid.

I am quite annoyed at their views on road safety that I cant bring myself to post calmy, so ill leave it at this:

Gay Byrne, please fook off.

WELL SAID STAINLESS STEEL <snip>

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

LOL, is it any wonder. :rolleyes:

Sorry to burst your bubble there fella but I don't share your view.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Scooby Man calls those who object to noise pollution and unnecessary dangerous speeds "boring p****s" Almost every evening,souped up vehicles rev,roar ,up and down the local Main St. with predictable ,regular monotony by" look at me " would be Schumacher ,"Up Yours" types. May not be boring for the parading underdeveloped pilots,but they don't seem to realise how tediously ridiculous their narcissistic display is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Scooby Man calls those who object to noise pollution and unnecessary dangerous speeds "boring p****s" Almost every evening,souped up vehicles rev,roar ,up and down the local Main St. with predictable ,regular monotony by" look at me " would be Schumacher ,"Up Yours" types. May not be boring for the parading underdeveloped pilots,but they don't seem to realise how tediously ridiculous their narcissistic display is.

Translation: They're stupid kunts! I wish they'd all just fuk off and die. Fuking arseholes.

• Advertisement

polyfusion wrote: »
    Translation: They're stupid kunts! I wish they'd all just fuk off and die. Fuking arseholes.

Strong words lol. I think I'm calm enough to post without having to excuse my french now.

There seems to be a fair few people on here that are concerned for other's safety on the roads, and fair play.

But please please don't listen to Gaybo saying its all the young lads causing all the chaos. I'm under 25, and drive what many here consider a 'boy racer' car (Evo 5), and trust me I am very safety consious - more a bike nut than a car nut...and that takes awareness out on the roads.

So for those of you that just don't know - there are genuine car enthusiasts of a young age that drive and modify jap 'souped' up cars, that do not act in an anti-social manner or drive anymore dangerously than your good selves. So please don't curse every 'boy racer' car you see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement