Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bono is a Wanker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Onkle wrote: »
    He does pay tax

He's still cúnt.

However, the whole bono bashing is getting a bit old.

Next victim..............

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Don't give me that tripe, he also earned megabucks TAXFREE from these concerts.
    Yeah, but the amount of revenue local business', hotels, the GAA and the government in that subsequent tax contributed much more than just what tax does. Wake up, that concert was a great thing for the city and boosted it's image internationally too.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

galwayrush wrote: »
    I think breaking into the American market made U2 most of their money.;)
    145 million est album sales worldwide, :cool:

Man go to bed will ya......if the people of Ireland didn't take to them years ago, they hardly would have broke America, they wouldn't have been able to afford the plane ticket.

All that bull aside the fact is you NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON YOUR OWN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

The real issue with Bono IMO is that he does not prove himself to be of any further intelligence than the Arts. i.e. music, and that being open to personal opinion.

Unlike other notable people in the Arts, Bono has been seen to liase with the likes of Blair, and other political figures, and possibly thinks as a result of that he actually has something to say, which, when you actually listen to him being interviewed he hasn't IMO.

I personally think people see this and resent anything else that he does, i.e. taxes etc. but while most musicians go unscathed for the same behaviour-
    An empty vessel that makes noises outside of his/her realm rather than just attracting people to topics that they usually wouldn't notice... attracts a certain amount of resentment.

• Advertisement

jumpguy wrote: »
    Yeah, but the amount of revenue local business', hotels, the GAA and the government in that subsequent tax contributed much more than just what tax does. Wake up, that concert was a great thing for the city and boosted it's image internationally too.

My footie team in Tallaght has given the economy a boost too, not just once every couple of years, every week my good friend. And they pay their TAXES.

Your point been what??

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

What fúcking annoys me is when he shows up to meet dignitaries in a formal situation wearing his fúcking wraparound purple shades and his fúcking shirt hanging out.

It's like, "I'm Bono, I don't have to wear formal garb, it's beneath me"

Everyone else is there wearing a tuxedo and he's arsing around looking like a twat with his awful shades and pink shirt/Barnardo's jacket.

And I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but I'm sure he doesn't pay tax :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Man go to bed will ya......if the people of Ireland didn't take to them years ago, they hardly would have broke America, they wouldn't have been able to afford the plane ticket.

Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Not just that, but he still acts like he hasn't done that. he still spouts his, "I'm an oul dub" sh!te.
    The guy grinds my gears like no other. I'd prefer a million Paris Hiltons to this gimp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Charity starts at HOME mr u2.
    Why does it? I'd have thought it begins where it's most needed - and by god, it's far more needed in certain other countries besides Ireland.
    the fact is you NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON YOUR OWN.
    Why is it a "fact"?

Although people who drone "typical Irish begrudgery" every time someone criticise U2/Bono... are *****.

• Advertisement

orourkeda wrote: »
    Why not?

A little thing called LOYALITY and because its the DECENT thing to do.

Why not?

You're right.

Hey your grandmother left her purse unattended ........

My footie team in Tallaght has given the economy a boost too, not just once every couple of years, every week my good friend. And they pay their TAXES.

Your point been what??

I agree. People are spending their own money here. In the grand scheme of things this isnt even chicken feed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Your point been what??
    Why're you so determined to hate U2? They're the only thing that gives us a better image internationally at the moment. When people think of U2 and Ireland our drink culture, violent past and disgraceful economic management don't come to mind.
    The concert did even more, it delighted everyone I know that went to see it, boosted Dublin's international image, increased tourism which inevitably increased business revenue in the area and as such tax.

Cop on please and stop with your little determined mantra. You know that concert did far, far more good than harm and U2 overall have done more good than harm. Bono might appear to be crazy, but he's an entertainer and businessman and at the end of the day, far from retarded.

Loyalty me arse. I've never even met bono and you expect loyalty to him. Get a grip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Its gone to the stage where those who dont think he is a **** are recieved with dropped jaws.

Only stupid yanks who think leprechauns exist keep him propped up on his pedestal. Oh - and people with no taste in music:)

Dudess wrote: »
    Why does it? I'd have thought it begins where it's most needed - and by god, it's far more needed in certain other countries besides Ireland.

Why is it a "fact"?

Although people who drone "typical Irish begrudgery" every time someone criticise U2/Bono... are *****.

Well to honest Dudess i never bit the hand that fed me, and if that hand ever needs me i will be there no questions asked.

Maybe you have bitten the hand that feeds you.
    Loyalty me arse. I've never even met bono and you expect loyalty to him. Get a grip
    The OP is actually objecting to Bono. :)

But why does Bono have to be "loyal" to Ireland OP?

davyjose wrote: »
    You're right.

Hey your grandmother left her purse unattended ........

Bono's not my own. He's a randomer.

I expect him to shut his hole whenever he acts like some kind of preacher to the people of this nation. he made his bed. Yeah, he played a good gig, fair play, now f*ck off to your own country and leave us Irish to clear up our own mess.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Maybe you have bitten the hand that feeds you.

The OP is actually objecting to Bono. :)

But why does Bono have to be "loyal" to Ireland OP?

Who cares if he shows any loyalty to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Your point been what??
    And so does he since he's a resident here and he has businesses based here which pay taxes here so id say he pays much more in taxes then your entire footie team put together,

I really wish people would actually find things out before making stupid rants based on inaccurate points

jumpguy wrote: »
    Why're you so determined to hate U2? They're the only thing that gives us a better image internationally at the moment. When people think of U2 and Ireland our drink culture, violent past and disgraceful economic management don't come to mind.
    I don't get how U2 contribute to Ireland's image - just because they're Irish. Do Coldplay contribute to England's image?
    And people who only think of drink and violence when they think of Ireland... are leaning in the racist direction (economic mismanagement - well I'd understand that, seeing as it's topical).

And so does he since he's a resident here and he has businesses based here which pay taxes here so id say he pays much more in taxes then your entire footie team put together,

I really wish people would actually find things out before making stupid rants based on inaccurate points

Arent companies and residents supposed to pay taxes. This is pointless and irrelevant

Who cares if he shows any loyalty to Ireland.
    I don't, but it doesn't do anything to change the title of this thread, in my book.

Bono has played the "man of the people" card for a long time, "I'm proud to be irish", and all that crap. Yet the moment this country hits a speed wobble, the guy jumps ship. What a creep.

I'd say he doesn't.

davyjose wrote: »
    I don't, but it doesn't do anything to change the title of this thread, in my book.

Bono has played the "man of the people" card for a long time, "I'm proud to be irish", and all that crap. Yet the moment this country hits a speed wobble, the guy jumps ship. What a creep.

Indeed. He needs to take the rough with the smooth if thats the way he wanst to do business

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Arent companies and residents supposed to pay taxes. This is pointless and irrelevant
    They are and they do which bono does and since the OP is spending half his time ranting that bono doesnt pay taxes I dont see how its pointless

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Surely this country hasn't shown too much LOYALTY to many of its citizens and certainly hasn't done the DECENT thing by many and still continues to shaft a lot sideways.
    Perhaps it's these very elements that you espouse are good things are the very ones that allow Bono to be able to apparently escape paying taxes and be allowed such broad positive biased coverage on the STATES airwaves? The same state you think we should show loyalty too?

Dog chasing its tail arguement here me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭takeda shingen

so by most of your reasoning bob geldof is a wanker along with james joyce sam beckett oscar wilde and all other artistic diaspora?

Advertisement