Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Bedford Chevanne spotted in Letterkenny.

BedfordChevanneFront.jpg

BedfordChevanneRear.jpg
    Now theres a rarity,only 20 left on the road in england im told.Anyone know of any more in ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 blarneyone

looked in great condition..

where was this?

I had 513 LZK, exactly the same, should never have sold it but money was tight and replaced it with a Ritmo. nuff said

Nice early 70s irish reg MGB in Parnell place in cork city on friday.
    Image047.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Luke Crowley

Nice early 70s irish reg MGB in Parnell place in cork city on friday.
    Image047.jpg

That one's usually parked on the street in Ballintemple, I give it an admiring glance every time I pass. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Bedford Chevanne spotted in Letterkenny.

BedfordChevanneFront.jpg

BedfordChevanneRear.jpg

What's with the complete lack of front or rear plates ??

• Advertisement

jrar wrote: »
    What's with the complete lack of front or rear plates ??
    Undercover chevette....

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

I'm just back from my holiday in Portugal. While there I bumped into the Algarve Classic Car Run twice. The first time was at the recently constructed Autodromo Algarve racetrack near Portimao and the next day in Albufeira. The Cars were amazing ane many extremely rare but the one bad point was the sight of a Renault Alpina being wheeled onto the back of a recovery truck on the side of the road. I've loads of pictures in the link below.
    http://s559.photobucket.com/albums/ss32/CianDon_album/Algarve%20Classic%20Cars%202009/?albumview=grid

BTW. I was amazed at the amount of old cars on the road over there. I saw over 200 Renault 4's, Mantas, Chevettes, 505's and one day I saw a mint condition Datsun Bluebird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Now theres a rarity,only 20 left on the road in england im told.Anyone know of any more in ireland?

And how many have bitten (or will bite) the dust with this stuppid scrapage scheme they have in the uk?

Here are my pictures from Terenure yesterday. Some lovely cars there, pitty about the showers! Are modern Rolls Royce as classy as the ones on display in the IVVCC area? And an electric car from 1889 :eek: I'd read about it, never imagined to se one in Ireland, same with the Pantera and Countach, many other nice cars there.

jozi wrote: »
    And how many have bitten (or will bite) the dust with this stuppid scrapage scheme they have in the uk?
    I missed out on an irish one a few years back,a guy had it at a house we were working at,but he had cut it up with a consaw the day before...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

but he had cut it up with a consaw the day before...
    WTF??

*shakes head slowly*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Nearly forgot - I spotted this Porsche on North Strand this afternoon.
    Picture_Medium.jpg

Genealogy Forum Mod

WTF??

*shakes head slowly*
    Yep...thats about the correct response alright..

No picture this time but I saw this Starlet today out around Leopardstown complete with rollcage and white alloy wheels.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

Hermy wrote: »
    No picture this time but I saw this Starlet today out around Leopardstown complete with rollcage and white alloy wheels.

was it a royal blue colour by any chance, and have ridiculously splayed wheels?

tc20 wrote: »
    was it a royal blue colour by any chance, and have ridiculously splayed wheels?
    It was silver/ grey and the wheels didn't look splayed when it passed.
    It was this model by the way.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

It was silver/ grey and the wheels didn't look splayed when it passed.
    It was this model by the way.

ah, its a different car altogether so.. a young lad around these parts has the previous model Starlet (the more rounded type, with a whiff of early Mazda 323 at the front, if you know the type). Car is seriously lowered, but with oversize wheels on it - to the point where i'd wonder how the wheels can turn without coming into contact with some part of the bodywork.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Saw an original Irish Merc G-wagon in the RDS tonight, and apparently it is in regular use by the groundsmen there. TZS 300 https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=tzs300&registration1=tzs300&irishbutton=Get+Report&registration2=Enter+Registration

No Pic sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Nearly forgot - I spotted this

That's for sale on carzone as well, very nice little car.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Porsche/356/C/200902191399360/advert?channel=CARS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

04072009103.jpg
    04072009105.jpg

Porsche 356

Have to say I wasn't impressed with the overall condition, the paint was covered in swirls, looked like it was brought through a brush wash the whole time and the door edges were covered in chips from banging them off things when getting in/out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

23062009091.jpg

A type manta...

23062009089.jpg

Original Irish Fiat Bambino

• Advertisement

figured i'd finally throw these up.. an absolute gem of a car in salthill during the volvo ocean race.

dsc00181f.jpg

dsc00182bjl.jpg

dsc00183u.jpg

dsc00184jzn.jpg

dsc00185wxx.jpg

dsc00186chd.jpg

dsc00187l.jpg

sorry if i put up too many photos but it is pretty special looking :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

That 'Ferrari' is a VW Beetle really...

Registration VNI159
    Make VOLKSWAGEN
    Model 1200
    Description Not Available
    Fuel Type PETROL

good replica?!

everyone who walked by it thought it was real.. and it's not something i'd know how to tell

a real one

1972-ferrari-dino-gt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I would say its one of the worst replica kits I've seen ! It bears little resemblance to the real thing !

MercMad wrote: »
    I would say its one of the worst replica kits I've seen ! It bears little resemblance to the real thing !

I'm thinking the same.

Are the rear lights on the replica from a Land Rover Defender?

Wonder is it still a 1200....

Wonder is it still a 1200....

Now that would be sad!

MercMad wrote: »

bit harsh.. "bears no resemblance" makes it sound like i put up a picture of a snooker table and called it a ferrari.

it's an excellent replica and everyone thought it was real. i can see now how different the door is and behind the back wheel arches but i've never looked up pictures of dinos before so how was i to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Blue850

There used to be a real Dino 246GT around Galway in the 70's. reg'd XZM 246. I saw it at Terenure a few years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

bit harsh.. "bears no resemblance" makes it sound like i put up a picture of a snooker table and called it a ferrari.

it's an excellent replica and everyone thought it was real. i can see now how different the door is and behind the back wheel arches but i've never looked up pictures of dinos before so how was i to know.
    I think you're taking this a bit personally. Of course it's not your fault you didn't know, we learn something new every day. That said, it is a very poor replica.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement