Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

Really!!? what happened? that sucks:(

I fell out of bed, and broke my hand. :o

Johnny Depp has the hotness. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

maameeo wrote: »
    iz ok hun, i iz a nerd too :D

Finished 3rd at nerdfest, top 2 got money. Oh well. And my computer broke grr so im on laptop

In better news I'm back home now and got blood test results, my levels in everything(cholesterol protein iron b12 etc) are perfect. Just gotta get these things checked you know!

Finished 3rd at nerdfest, top 2 got money. Oh well. And my computer broke grr so im on laptop

I had no idea you that much of a geek!

I'm totally going to badger you the next time, I can't copy and paste something. Friend. :)

Good news on the bloods...I must get mine checked.
    I was anaemic earlier in the year. They won't let me donate blood without a to be sure, to be sure check.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I had no idea you that much of a geek!

I'm totally going to badger you the next time, I can't copy and paste something. Friend. :)
    I'm not a geek, shhhhhhhhhhh. I know you are a nerd, this 'friend' business won't stop me calling you on it!
    Good news on the bloods...I must get mine checked.
    I was anaemic earlier in the year. They won't let me donate blood without a to be sure, to be sure check.
    I get it checked becasue I have the opposite of anaemia, I absorb more iron from food than other people, so I need to eat far less.

I'm not a geek, shhhhhhhhhhh. I know you are a nerd, this 'friend' business won't stop me calling you on it!

Bhahahahahahah! Talk about left of field :P

Haemachromatosis?

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Bhahahahahahah! Talk about left of field :P
    Damn, I'll just have to pull the no soul trick! Always a sore point lol.
    Haemachromatosis?
    Yes i have some form of that, seems more a blessing than a disorder. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Damn, I'll just have to pull the no soul trick! Always a sore point lol.
    I MAY just have to side with the Moonbaby on this one...:P *does this rag smell like chloroform to you?* Tar wakes up all ginger-fied with only a mirror for company:D

Yes i have some form of that, seems more a blessing than a disorder. :p
    Seems like it could be aye, usually its the lack of iron us herbivores are prone to heh.

How'd ya get the bloodwork done anyway? i aint had it done in a loooooong time and would like to:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Absolutely shameless plug here, but please check out http://www.myspace.com/oilandbloodmusic.

They're playing in the FINAL of the king kong club battle on 13th August. Anybody interested in going?

It's a great atmosphere, as the competition is judged on the clapometer so it's a noisey evening. Great fun.:D

(if the moderators want to remove this please go ahead, I'm not sure what the rules are for posting like this)

I MAY just have to side with the Moonbaby on this one...:P *does this rag smell like chloroform to you?* Tar wakes up all ginger-fied with only a mirror for company:D

Seems like it could be aye, usually its the lack of iron us herbivores are prone to heh.

How'd ya get the bloodwork done anyway? i aint had it done in a loooooong time and would like to:)
    Just made an appointment in teh medicentre for it and then the nurse took blood from both arms, the first one kind of messed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Just made an appointment in teh medicentre for it and then the nurse took blood from both arms, the first one kind of messed up!

They actually let you get this done!!! I asked my doc and he kinda mumbled something about how it couldn't be done. The only thing he checks is my iron...

• Advertisement

That seems odd. Just used my medical card and got it done for free. I suggest asking about it anyway. I don;t see why it couldn't be done. Ask him how do other people get it checked? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Wow I go away for a week and come back and theres a cool new thread on here! I will try and get in on the conversations and not abstain from posting so much!

Yep get stuck in here missy, and we expect you at the next veggie do as well. Which we should start thinking about, hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

when is the next meet up on? or has not been decided yet?

Not been decided yet, we shall have to make a thread today or tomorrow. :)

I'm off for a drive to learn with no accompanying driver, don't tell the law!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Not been decided yet, we shall have to make a thread today or tomorrow. :)

I'm off for a drive to learn with no accompanying driver, don't tell the law!

im telling!

/calls old mr.law who lives in no.9 down the street, he was happy to get a phone call for the human contact, says he doesnt know this Tar fellow

i think im goin bit crazy tbh

biZrb wrote: »
    when is the next meet up on? or has not been decided yet?

welcome back!!
    how was NYC?

You "think" you are???

I ran into so many children driving, eek. Well i don't mean I hit them!
    i wouldn't admit that :pac:

You "think" you are???

I ran into so many children driving, eek. Well i don't mean I hit them!
    i wouldn't admit that :pac:

you need to separate computer game and real life, i know its hard but try...for the children!!!

You get bonus points for hitting them officer!

What are these hand cuffs for? I don't recall tell you my fetishes!

*prison*

:(

• Advertisement

You get bonus points for hitting them officer!

What are these hand cuffs for? I don't recall tell you my fetishes!

*prison*

:(

iz ok, you gots two more lives left after that one!

I heard there is no respawning in RL. yes nerdyyyy yeessss

Oh and if anybody knows what i'm talking bout, they nerd too ;)

Oh and if anybody knows what i'm talking bout, they nerd too ;)

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I knew exactly what you were talking about!!

Was your big nerd thing D&D?

There must be another veggie meet. I'm so pissed I missed it. I don't come on here for two weeks and I miss a meet! So not fair :(

Aoifums wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I knew exactly what you were talking about!!

Was your big nerd thing D&D?

There must be another veggie meet. I'm so pissed I missed it. I don't come on here for two weeks and I miss a meet! So not fair :(

My thing was a bit more computery than D&D, not that I know what Dungeons and Dragons is. :p

As for the meet, don't miss the next!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055613338
    Throw in your opinion. :)

Already have :)

I must find out what this nerd event was. :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055571577

Twas a fine nerd gathering. I found out that water is a terrible mix for whiskey. I drank so much oj and whiskey the hotel ran out of orange juice so I tried water :p

Hotel had fabulous vegetable soup but no veggie main courses :(

Here are the only two pics I have seen so far. taken at about 4am/5am so it's a bit quiet
    456FCBBD800F47E7B6D73927E90B7CBA-1200.jpg

703AF2E2E9D049BDBBC9554021C66BBF-800.jpg

That blue light at the bottom of the second picture is my mouse beside my pc and my two books. Fig rolls beside the monitor. Nerding it up!

We were drinking outside when this was taken.

Here are the only two pics I have seen so far. taken at about 4am/5am so it's a bit quiet

That blue light at the bottom of the second picture is my mouse beside my pc and my two books. Fig rolls beside the monitor. Nerding it up!

We were drinking outside when this was taken.

oh holy bejaysus that IS nerdy! i did not know stuff like that existed!
    did u bring ur own pc like?

• Advertisement

There are ones that have thousands of people at them every year, this is the biggest, it has had 10, 000.
    794px-Dh04w.JPG

Some you bring your own pc, some you don't. I brought mine on the bus to that and borrowed a monitor off a friend there, actually 3 people brought me monitors!

Luckily at the bigger ones there are all girl teams too. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement