Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

is everyone playing the one game?
    its all very confusing to me!
    u get to take breaks and all right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

maameeo wrote: »
    is everyone playing the one game?
    its all very confusing to me!
    u get to take breaks and all right?

There will generally be a few competition games with money at the big ones and apart from that you can play anything you want. Prizes at these things range from no prizes, to E500 for the one I was at just now, to the big one there used to be in USA for 500, 000!
    So there are more competitive ones and ones simply for fun.

Lol taking breaks, you make it sound like work! Our ones are more fun than competitive. All you do really is chat, drink and play games with your friends. At one of them, we didn't even really play any games just messed about in the hotel. It's just an excuse for us to meet up and hang out, as most my pals will live in random counties around the place or in Britain, so they can come over. So we might play a few games during the day, go to a restaurant/pub/nightclub later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Thanks for posting it. I was just going to text everyone I know who can legally drink and see if they kne wwhat was going on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lol! Anyway, damn, meant to hide nerdiness. I'm jsut a silly girl.

>_>

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I'm not sure that nerd talk is suited to this forum... ;) Those pictures were horrifying. I'm gonna be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

welcome back!!
    how was NYC?

Thanks!
    NYC was brillant, I went to visit a friend that I haven't seen in a year and a half so it was great catching up with her, we spent lots of time drinking vodka and checking out the hott NYC men!

Vegan wise it was great being so well catered for, if I told a waitress I was vegan and what could I eat it, there was no strange looks or asking 'whats a vegan?' We went to this amazing vegan resturant, it was so hard knowing what to order when there was so many options, I tried some 'chops' and 'grilled chicken', it was so good! We also went to a vegan ice cream place, it took me so long deciding what flavour to get, again having so many options made it really hard! I tried some cookie dough ice cream, which was delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

sounds yum! having choice and being a vegan... sounds like a heavenly place :D

biZrb wrote: »
    Thanks!
    NYC was brillant, I went to visit a friend that I haven't seen in a year and a half so it was great catching up with her, we spent lots of time drinking vodka and checking out the hott NYC men!

Vegan wise it was great being so well catered for, if I told a waitress I was vegan and what could I eat it, there was no strange looks or asking 'whats a vegan?' We went to this amazing vegan resturant, it was so hard knowing what to order when there was so many options, I tried some 'chops' and 'grilled chicken', it was so good! We also went to a vegan ice cream place, it took me so long deciding what flavour to get, again having so many options made it really hard! I tried some cookie dough ice cream, which was delish!

wow, pretty cool havin choice of ice cream!!! oooh yummy cookie dough!!!
    :)

Thanks!

I want I want!

'chops' eh, sound interesting.

So what are all the other veggies up to?

No strange looks...? Vegan ice cream...? *faints*

I wanna go to New York!

• Advertisement

haha! I know it was such a great feeling being so well catered for!

We also went to this supermarket called Trader Joes, they don't specifically cater for vegans or even vegetarians but the choice of food that I could eat was phonemonal, I got some vegan Chirizo, which I never had before, we made a pizza and put it on it, it was really good. I also got some Edamame Hummus, that didn't last very long cause I scoffed it with some soy and flaxseed torilla chips!

I brought home loads of Clif and Luna bars, they are enery/nutrional bars that are vegan and come in flavours such as Chocolate Caramel Brownie and Blueberry Crisp, they contain loads of iron, calcicum, vitamins etc so they are really good for you!

I can't wait to go back!

biZrb - if you don't stop talking I'm going to cry!!! I'm seriously jealous... :(

Random news, I found the tastiest spaghetti today. It's from the Tesco wholefood range. It's pulse spaghetti and it is divine.
    So what are all the other veggies up to?

Just ate a thingey of blackberries :D They were amazing!!!

Is the pulse spaghetti made from pulse veg? Sounds nice!

It had some form of chickpeas and lentils in it. Didn't look too much at what was in it. Nicest pasta ever!

Aoifums wrote: »
    It had some form of chickpeas and lentils in it. Didn't look too much at what was in it. Nicest pasta ever!

the most important question... what did the packaging look like and what area of a tesco store would i find this awesome pasta?? ;)

haha! I know it was such a great feeling being so well catered for!

We also went to this supermarket called Trader Joes, they don't specifically cater for vegans or even vegetarians but the choice of food that I could eat was phonemonal, I got some vegan Chirizo, which I never had before, we made a pizza and put it on it, it was really good. I also got some Edamame Hummus, that didn't last very long cause I scoffed it with some soy and flaxseed torilla chips!

I brought home loads of Clif and Luna bars, they are enery/nutrional bars that are vegan and come in flavours such as Chocolate Caramel Brownie and Blueberry Crisp, they contain loads of iron, calcicum, vitamins etc so they are really good for you!

I can't wait to go back!

i dont think i could live there, id become soooo fat! lol

Good moro everybody! tis thursday, how are we on this fine day?

i may be goin to town to collect stuff on wexford street after work and im thinkin ill get take away from govindas!!! excited!! :D

until then i shall work/sleep at my desk lol :)

maameeo, so I read you're going to Latvia, I don't sapose you'll be visiting Riga? I'm staying there for 2 nights at the end of the month, would like some recomdations about what to do/see!
    Did you get a Govindas take away?!

the most important question... what did the packaging look like and what area of a tesco store would i find this awesome pasta?? ;)

It was in the new super healthy section beside the new free from range. I took a pic, I just can't find the lead to upload it :o
    i dont think i could live there, id become soooo fat! lol

So would I. Imagine being able to eat ice cream and jaffa cakes (of some sort) every day :D

So would I. Imagine being able to eat ice cream and jaffa cakes (of some sort) every day :D

Yes, imagine...

>_>

<_<

• Advertisement

I think I would actually cry if I got to eat Jaffa Cakes ;)

We'll have to try and make vegan one, god that sounds difficult

I found veggie ones!!! But they had milk in them :( I just can't remember the brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

http://marybakes.wordpress.com/?s=jaffa+cakes

Not exactly the jaffa cake of your dreams perhaps but worth a go? Looks a bit more biscuity than cakey though

Ah yeah, I've had a good few veggie ones, the problem would be making them from scratch, don't think I'm that good!

dooferoaks wrote: »
    http://marybakes.wordpress.com/?s=jaffa+cakes

Not exactly the jaffa cake of your dreams perhaps but worth a go? Looks a bit more biscuity than cakey though

I'd say the base of jaffa cakes wouldn't be too bad, just finding out how they mkae that delicious jelly stuff.

Oh this is not fair! I have such a craving for them now...

Ok, if anyone has (or think they have) the skills to potentially make them, I dare them to bring them to the meet! Can't back down from a dare!

Hey, I'm heading over to Manchester on Sunday. Wondering if anyone has any recomendations. Just looking for a decent place to have lunch and dinner. Nowhere too far out as I'm dining with my mam... Oh and preferable around Oxford Street.

Cheers :)

Oh this is not fair! I have such a craving for them now...

Ok, if anyone has (or think they have) the skills to potentially make them, I dare them to bring them to the meet! Can't back down from a dare!

A delicious double layered chocolaty dare? :)

Dunno anything about manchester, didn't see any vegan places when I was there, but I wasn't looking. Does happpycow.net have anything?

• Advertisement

Happy Cow had mixed reviews. It was confusing my sleep deprived brain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement