Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

Aoifums wrote: »
    I generally don't like it. It has this nasty eggy texture and I've always hated the texture of eggs. I crumble and fry it and use it in chilli and spaghetti bolganese (sp?). I've just been using it as a kinda mince replacement.

I buy the flavoured stuff....It has a more dense texture. Not spongey at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

I thought it was crap stuff myself until I figured out it can have so many different textures and tastes like whatever you want!
    There is a nut/tofu fake meat thing that I love to fry up and I love a certain tofu mousse.

Muahahahaha!

/looks in tofu bag

I've got bad news....

It only has red sauce in there. :pac:

aww jeeze, thats just low!

/runs off to vomit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I've only had it in soups in Chinese restaurants when it was chopped in to cubes, that really put me off me.

No, Moonbaby, I've tried a few times and since a child I've always been the best eater in my family, it's my claim to fame amongst my siblings :p I'll try anything several times I just can't get used to tofu. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to, it'd open up so many recipes to me!

Here, what do ya think of this. I was in a restaurant having lunch yesterday and we were ordering from their specials menu where it was a main dish for a tenner, only there was no vegetarian option and I had to pay full price for my meal.. that's not really fair is it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How do you feel about brown sauce or other ones?

That's annoying about the meal michellenman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Here, what do ya think of this. I was in a restaurant having lunch yesterday and we were ordering from their specials menu where it was a main dish for a tenner, only there was no vegetarian option and I had to pay full price for my meal.. that's not really fair is it?

That's not fair at all. I really hate restaurants though. I'm so sick of one or less options.

• Advertisement

I've only had it in soups in Chinese restaurants when it was chopped in to cubes, that really put me off me.

No, Moonbaby, I've tried a few times and since a child I've always been the best eater in my family, it's my claim to fame amongst my siblings :p I'll try anything several times I just can't get used to tofu. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to, it'd open up so many recipes to me!

grr hate that! not fair at all! i think places shud be obliged to have a veggie menu! grr!

have u had deep fried tofu??? its so good if done right! :)

yeah, it's always pasta with spinach and ricotta in a tomato sauce. :P

How do you feel about brown sauce or other ones?

That's annoying about the meal michellenman!

no no no to brown sauce, i actually havnt even tasted it, i just cant *cringe*

eh other sauces?

maameeo wrote: »
    grr hate that! not fair at all! i think places shud be obliged to have a veggie menu! grr!

have u had deep fried tofu??? its so good if done right! :)

Can't say I'm a fan of fried foods, especially deep fried... too greasy for me. I will try it though if I get the chance!

And the ricotta rules me out of eating it :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That's not fair at all. I really hate restaurants though. I'm so sick of one or less options.

It's a blessing to go to a vegetarian restaurant in another country. i've only been in paris but it was so much fun. There was a mostly vegan one with all the desserts vegan and they served wine bottles of chilled water to us while we ate our fancy meals. I couldn't tell what vegetables I was even eating apart from aubergine. yumyum

It's a blessing to go to a vegetarian restaurant in another country. i've only been in paris but it was so much fun. There was a mostly vegan one with all the desserts vegan and they served wine bottles of chilled water to us while we ate our fancy meals. I couldn't tell what vegetables I was even eating apart from aubergine. yumyum

Stop!! That sounds like heaven!! Especially cos I hate veg!

no no no to brown sauce, i actually havnt even tasted it, i just cant *cringe*

eh other sauces?

White sauce, pasta sauces, custard, things like that. I couldn't live without chef brown sauce. Poor people that have to put up with my saucy breath!

Can't say I'm a fan of fried foods, especially deep fried... too greasy for me. I will try it though if I get the chance!

i know what ya mean, but tofu never really seems greasy when fried. doesnt really feel like the usual fried foods. it just give it a nice chewy/crispy texture.

oh god im hungry now!

Stop!! That sounds like heaven!! Especially cos I hate veg!

It's best I don;t tell you about the other place so, where we ate about 5 times! :p

If every travelling go to happycow.net and they will sort you out good.

There's a really nice Nepalese restaurant in Temple bar that I went to recently. It has an entirely different menu esp for vegetarians, not sure if it's vegan friendly but for veggies it's AMAZING! Like.. proper delicious. It's in my top 5 meals ever, even before I went veggie.

There's a really nice Nepalese restaurant in Temple bar that I went to recently. It has an entirely different menu esp for vegetarians, not sure if it's vegan friendly but for veggies it's AMAZING! Like.. proper delicious. It's in my top 5 meals ever, even before I went veggie.

What kind of food do napalese buddha people eat? :)

White sauce, pasta sauces, custard, things like that. I couldn't live without chef brown sauce. Poor people that have to put up with my saucy breath!

yea all those are fine! red sauce is ok but not in squiggy packs and i dont really like touching the bottles they come in but a tiny bit on a plate with chips i can do...sometimes...if someone else puts it there!

why am i divulging my weirdness to u!!!!

What kind of food do napalese buddha people eat? :)

Lots of curry and korma style food.I had battered vegetables for starters with nuts (the type of nut is on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember) The veg was like shredded and then balled and then battered and fried.. my mouth is watering just remembering haha. They cook it from your order so you can decide how spicy you want it. Chilled water with your meal too.

It's called Montys of Katmandu, it's on Eustace St in Temple bar, I'd HIGHLY recommend it!

Lots of curry and korma style food.I had battered vegetables for starters with nuts (the type of nut is on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember) The veg was like shredded and then balled and then battered and fried.. my mouth is watering just remembering haha. They cook it from your order so you can decide how spicy you want it. Chilled water with your meal too.

It's called Montys of Katmandu, it's on Eustace St in Temple bar, I'd HIGHLY recommend it!

Cashew nuts!!!!! :D

• Advertisement

It's best I don;t tell you about the other place so, where we ate about 5 times! :p

If every travelling go to happycow.net and they will sort you out good.

Stop, I was meant to go to Paris. I was drooling on HappyCow...

Name, name, name, name... Seriously, please give me the name!!
    Edit; Thank you so much :)

Name, name, name, name... Seriously, please give me the name!!
    Edit; Thank you so much :)

Montys of Katmandu, Eustace street Temple bar. :)

Here's the Vegetarian menu, sorry it's so long!
    NAVARTNA CURRY €15.00
    Traditional Nepali mixed vegetable curry. Can be served mild, medium or hot.

KERAU PANEER €15.00
    Home-made cheese with peas and onions, ginger and capsicum, medium-spiced, served fairly dry.

VEGETABLE SPECIAL €15.00
    Medium-spiced mixed vegetables in a spinach sauce.

VEGETABLE MASALA €15.50
    Mixed vegetables in a rich, creamy masala sauce.

ALOO TAMA €15.00
    A traditional favourite among the Nepalese, this lovely combination of young Bamboo shoot, black-eyed beans and potato to give a slight sour taste.

SAAKHARI SIDE DISHES

ALOO JEERA €7.00
    Spicy fried potatoes with cumin seeds and ginger.

BHAYNTA TARKARI €8.00
    Medium-spiced aubergine, with ginger, garlic, scallions and coriander.

JHANEKO DHALL €8.00
    Chickpea lentils with garlic, ginger, coriander and fried cumin seeds.

KALO DHALL €8.00
    Mixed Moong and black lentils with the usual trimmings – the preferred lentils in most Nepalese homes.

BROCCOLLI TAREKO €7.00
    Medium-spiced Broccolli simply tossed in frying pan with ginger, garlic and fresh chilli.

CHANA MASALA €7.00
    Medium-spiced chick peas with ginger and chat masala.

Not including Starters or desserts.

yea all those are fine! red sauce is ok but not in squiggy packs and i dont really like touching the bottles they come in but a tiny bit on a plate with chips i can do...sometimes...if someone else puts it there!

why am i divulging my weirdness to u!!!!
    It's just it's nice to be honest between us gals??
    And if you don;t tell me I'll get the story out of Alicia and she won't hold back!

One of the replies you read was probably from us. :)

I want to try practically them all, bet I'd love a few anyway. I like dal. The paneer one is particularily appealing maybe with Aloo Jeera.

I want to try practically them all, bet I'd love a few anyway. I like dal. The paneer one is particularily appealing maybe with Aloo Jeera.

I had the vegetable Masala... *drools.

Michelle... That sounds so nice! And it's like 1.30am!! I'm starving now.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

Aloo is hindi for potato.

jape wrote: »
    Aloo is hindi for potato.

sag aloo!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

hes too innocent, she will bully him!!!
    Am not...just not in the business of being an asshole:pac:

• Advertisement

torrential rain, thunder and lots of lightning here. lights have been on and off all night flickering. And to make it worse i can't sleep so im on computer dfsdfvgvb

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement